Wiki Posts
Search

Vistara - Air India synergy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Vistara - Air India synergy

I had a flight booked on Vistara using the Axis Busines class voucher from Delhi to Kolkata on 1st Oct. Unfortunately the flight was cancelled due to need of Aircraft of the PortBlair - Kolkata route and they cancelled my ticket.

On contacting Vistara helpdesk they said that they could book me on the last flight on the same day but on trying they were unable to do so. I spoke to the supervisor who was helpful and asked if I am OK travelling on another Airline. I was like yes if it is on business class. Ultimately they booked me on Air India Business Class....which was 1.5 hrs after my original flight.

Seems Air India and Vistara are now allowed to swap flights if necessary.

And another thing....I got points for the Air India flight..... seems Vistara paid them for the ticket.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 7:26 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
All airlines can do this. Even competitors. Book stranded passengers on other planes. They have their own pre-negotiated rates which are very very low compared to what revenue passengers pay.

Some airlines do this very pro-actively for customer service. Esp. in India they will do this to avoid having to pay compensation etc. since this was completely their fault.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Oct 3, 2023 at 7:45 pm
Old Oct 4, 2023, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
This is very common. Vistara will first try to put you on their own flights. If they can't do that then they can book you on a flight with any other carrier, not just Air India. I've had this happen a number of times over the years with the last occasion a couple of months ago. Vistara flight was severely delayed so they put me on an Indigo flight.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Standard procedure as per IATA reso 735d: https://www.iata.org/contentassets/e...25june2020.pdf
Attached Images
Old Jul 14, 2024, 1:02 am

Programs: MileagePlus
I'm now also able to pull Vistara PNR on the Air India website. The backend IT infra seems to be in synergy.
Old Jul 15, 2024, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
They both use Altea and have authorized each other since quite some time. But the fare filing etc is still separate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.