Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Recent coach reviews for EWR-BOM non-stop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2024 | 8:00 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Guys - any recent reviews for coach class in EWR-BOM non-stop and reverse direction. I don’t care about IFE, food etc but wondering if restrooms are better maintained than in the past. Typically mid-flight is when things go south based on my experience

thanks
Old Jul 2, 2024 | 2:01 am

My mothers experience on this sector was fine. IFE did not work both ways, but the washrooms were clean right till landing. Load on BOM-EWR was close to full, while EWR-BOM was relatively light and she lucked out with an empty seat next to her.

Edit: This was in May end
sam007 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2024 | 4:54 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - any recent reviews for coach class in EWR-BOM non-stop and reverse direction. I don’t care about IFE, food etc but wondering if restrooms are better maintained than in the past. Typically mid-flight is when things go south based on my experience

thanks
It's more-or-less the same as before the takeover. Usually the restrooms are fine and perfectly usable through duration of the flight. Once in a while things goes south - but it's rare (and really was rare before too - except it was shouted about a lot).

But yeah as someone else said the hard product maintenance is going down hill very quickly... I'm seeing more broken IFE controllers... IFEs not working.... etc. Food etc. is good and generally attentive service. No WiFi.
RanChin likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2024 | 9:32 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Fly an ME airline. You will thank me later.
Old Jul 3, 2024 | 9:48 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by leonidas
Fly an ME airline. You will thank me later.
middle Eastern? In priority order Emirates, Qatar and Etihad right? I always default to that but the actual 3-4 hour stop makes me really tired. I may also consider Turkish and do a longer 2-3 day stop over in Istanbul.

Last edited by sam007; Jul 3, 2024 at 11:05 am
Old Jul 5, 2024 | 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

thanks
2 associates from my firm flew EWR-DEL 3 days ago. I just asked them about the conditions of the restrooms during the flight & they said it was perfectly acceptable.
Old Jul 5, 2024 | 8:14 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
2 associates from my firm flew EWR-DEL 3 days ago. I just asked them about the conditions of the restrooms during the flight & they said it was perfectly acceptable.
Yups. It's more of an image thing and how incidents are blown out of proportion when it comes to beating up AI.

As someone who has traveled way way way too much on in AI Y on the these routes, I can't remember any time that I really had an issue with the toilets on AI. Plus there are some 6 toilets on the 77Ws. You won't find designer facial mist or eau de cologne there, but they are absolutely acceptable.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 5, 2024 at 8:26 am
Old Jul 5, 2024 | 8:24 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Understood - hopefully AI has a good Diwali sale as their current pricing on non-stop is far higher than middle eastern airlines. I guess they know they have a monopoly on non-stop. Will have to make a decision mostly on price given the number of people traveling
Old Jul 5, 2024 | 11:59 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
Try Hopper for price prediction.
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 11:09 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Understood - hopefully AI has a good Diwali sale as their current pricing on non-stop is far higher than middle eastern airlines. I guess they know they have a monopoly on non-stop. Will have to make a decision mostly on price given the number of people traveling
The fact that AI is higher than other fares you are seeing really shows how things have changed from a pax pov. AI product (aside from the “new” leased planes) needs massive improvement, but people now want to pay a premium for the nonstops. I think the reasons are 3 (not all applicable to every pax) - 1) the p2p nonstop is easy and shorter, 2) the flight arrives into India late morning which is different than most (but not all) the other options and (3) the AI nonstops offer easy connections to tier 2/3 cities without long waits and terminal changes in DEL.

BTW EWR-BOM (not EWR-DEL) recently changed from an old AI 77W to an EY 77W. I wonder if things like IFE are more likely to work on those birds.
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 11:21 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Is the EY 77W a permanent change? yes, I would also love to hear about anybody who has recently flown, especially about IFE
Old Jul 14, 2024 | 12:42 am

Is the EY 77W a permanent change? yes, I would also love to hear about anybody who has recently flown, especially about IFE
I have flown the EY frames 3-4 times on the LHR - BOM sector in the last few months. IFE is definitely better but there is no moving map other than a basic static display showing time remaining, so not even actual arrival time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.