Search

Any point of Priority Club card?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG
Any point of Priority Club card?

Hi!
I just have a question to you all. I have a Priority Club Platinum card, and I stay "frequently" at a Holiday Inn in London, UK(in the Mayfair area :-) )

I see absolutely NO advantages of this card. Upgrades are never available, the free newspaper do sometimes appear, no easy check in... Never the odd free breakfast..
I have even complained a few times and they do promise to improve, but I'm sorry to say it don't seem like they do..

So is this the excpected level of service, should I change Hotel or even hotel chain ?? Or change to some other type of loyalty card ??

Last edited by VirreVapp; Oct 14, 2009 at 2:21 am
Old Oct 14, 2009, 2:18 am

Programs: LH HON, Discovery Black, IHG Spire, random stuff at Accor, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Hertz, Sixt
Upgrades in the european area (esp. UK, Germany, Austria etc.) seem to be vary rare. The problem with PC plat (e.g. compered to Ambassador in IC's) nothing is guaranteed. Upgrade, late checkout etc. is based in availability which, in most european hotels, rather means "based on mood of the employee".

On the other hand, in Thailand I got upgraded everywhere. So it really depends on the hotel (and the country).
Old Oct 14, 2009, 2:22 am

I made good experiences with holiday inns throughout europe when writing an email a few days before arrival to ask about what kind of upgrades you can expect. Most of the times I get upgraded then.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 2:57 am
KRS

The most important benefit to me is the 50% bonus in base points.

I usually try to contact (via email) the hotel in advance and ask what to expect in terms of upgrade etc.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by unimatrix27
I made good experiences with holiday inns throughout europe when writing an email a few days before arrival to ask about what kind of upgrades you can expect. Most of the times I get upgraded then.
+1

As a PC Plat/Plat Amb I am consistently upgraded across the ICHG brands, be it HI, CP or IC.

Here's the answer I got from HI Amsterdam ^

Dear Mr. Wilco,

Thank you for sending your email to us as we have received it properly.

As a Platinum Member, you are our privileged guest!
We offer all our platinum members a priority check in and check out.
An early check in is also part of the service and you have the right to have a late check out untill 14:00 PM without any charges.

Upon arrival, during check in we will upgrade you to our Priority Club Floor, naturally this is a free upgrade to one of our renovated Business Rooms including a complimentary water in your room.
Next to our moody and atmospheric Bar Vermont, you'll find our Executive Club Lounge where you can sit and relax after having had a busy day.

We are looking forward already to welcome you in the Holiday Inn Amsterdam.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Sando Matrawie
Priority Club Champion ^
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I have to admit that I haven't stayed at any HIs outside of the US. I've stayed at a few ICs but not HIs outside of the US. With that said, in the US, my experience has been that HI hotels in general seem to be very spotty (at best) in providing any real recognition for PC status. I've now stayed at quite a few CPs and they have been much more consistent in upgrading me and providing other elite benefits (like free breakfasts, free drinks, etc.)
Old Oct 14, 2009, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by sultanbinaber
Upgrades in the european area (esp. UK, Germany, Austria etc.) seem to be vary rare. The problem with PC plat (e.g. compered to Ambassador in IC's) nothing is guaranteed. Upgrade, late checkout etc. is based in availability which, in most european hotels, rather means "based on mood of the employee".

On the other hand, in Thailand I got upgraded everywhere. So it really depends on the hotel (and the country).
I agree, had a moody cow that spoke some kind of barely understandable pidgin English at the reception of the Ealing Crowne Plaza London last weekend, didn't even get offered the newspaper, just the vague promise of an upgrade "the next time", won't be a next time.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by unimatrix27
In EU I seem to get UGed to exec room most of the time without asking.

CP LHR is particularly good/reliable with UGs, but IME also HIs across EU.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by VirreVapp
Hi!
I just have a question to you all. I have a Priority Club Platinum card, and I stay "frequently" at a Holiday Inn in London, UK(in the Mayfair area :-) )

I see absolutely NO advantages of this card. Upgrades are never available, the free newspaper do sometimes appear, no easy check in... Never the odd free breakfast..
I have even complained a few times and they do promise to improve, but I'm sorry to say it don't seem like they do..

So is this the excpected level of service, should I change Hotel or even hotel chain ?? Or change to some other type of loyalty card ??
my experience as well with UK hotels, worst of all they might ask if you want a free newspaper but it doesn't appear or it does but when you check out they try to charge you for it.
There's a loooong thread here about upgrades
http://community.priorityclub.com/thread/1564?tstart=7
and it seems that that is most people's experience

here's a comment from one of PC's mods

As Holiday Inn is rebranding, Priority Club Members will see a change. With the changes, staff will focus on arrival and welcome. The 'Stay Real' experience will ensure that the staff will treat guests like individuals. Each hotel will have a "Guest Champion" that focuses on Priority Club Members and is responsible for training staff to better meet those needs. Currently, many of the Holiday Inn's are undergoing rebranding and are training in the "Stay Real" program. All Holiday Inn employees will go through an extensive "Stay Real" training program to ensure guests receive the level of service they expect.

rebranding, yeah we'll see, new logo and that's it

http://community.priorityclub.com/thread/1564?tstart=7
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:29 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Here I thought this thread would be about the card itself...

I really like the customized card option - list 10 other loyalty program numbers on the back of the PC card:

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ck&secure=true

Much easier than carrying around 11 different cards...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:33 am

Depends what you are in "the club" for. I wouldnt call a long weekend in Rome, week in Cyprus and an upcoming week in Jamaica (all inclusive) all for free a waste of my time.

However the upgrades are an issue. It seems if I book myself through the priority club website then I always get an upgrade (am in the UK). However as my company usually books for me via an agent it then depends on check-in.

I would have said that I get upgraded about 10% of the time on check-in if not booked via their site. However when I complained to PCR it was pointed out that "upgrade" does not necessarily mean to Executive Room, but maybe to a quieter part of the hotel or larger room (ie disabled). In this respect maybe I have been upgraded more than I think!

However as I say....I am more in it for the free nights away!
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by chalkitdown
I agree, had a moody cow that spoke some kind of barely understandable pidgin English at the reception of the Ealing Crowne Plaza London last weekend, didn't even get offered the newspaper, just the vague promise of an upgrade "the next time", won't be a next time.

I stayed in the CP Ealing on approx 20 occassions this year as a Platinum and never once got an upgrade!
CP Heathrow was no bother - never asked, was there for a week and got a club room
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:33 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Originally Posted by dazbear
However as I say....I am more in it for the free nights away!
You hit the nail on the head...forget the upgrades, forget the drinks vouchers and free newspaper - give me free nights away in a hotel of my not my company's choice
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Here I thought this thread would be about the card itself...

I really like the customized card option - list 10 other loyalty program numbers on the back of the PC card:

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...ck&secure=true

Much easier than carrying around 11 different cards...
Ohh, I love this. I store all my numbers in a note in my mobile phone but it would be great to have a backup hardcopy. ^
Old Oct 14, 2009, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by caz312
I stayed in the CP Ealing on approx 20 occassions this year as a Platinum and never once got an upgrade!
CP Heathrow was no bother - never asked, was there for a week and got a club room
I was on a 241 so didn't make a big deal of not getting an upgrade, it was when I saw a newspaper hanging on the door across from me in the morning that I got peeved.
They also try the "which currency would you like to be billed in?" trick. I hate nickle and dime operations.
They got no additional spend from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.