Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMBASSADOR kit boxes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I think it is very clear after a year and the introduction of the new AMBASSADOR design regime that there is not nor will there be a unique logo'd RA tag as we used to know. The difference now is very subtle and discrete but those who need to know can see the difference.
So I'm hearing that there is a difference, no matter how subtle (or how in-the-know you need to be to know it). Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the AMB and RA luggage tags? Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sbagdon
So I'm hearing that there is a difference, no matter how subtle (or how in-the-know you need to be to know it). Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between the AMB and RA luggage tags? Thanks!
As I posted last year when they made the change and earlier in this thread: regular AMBASSADOR tags are a burnished, matt finish, RA tags are silvery and reflective.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by QCG
Shareholder, how many total nghts did you have at IC's to get your RA renewal?
This thread is about boxes and tags. There's a rather lengthy thread about requalifications elsewhere where this could be discussed.

Last edited by Shareholder; Aug 1, 2010 at 8:02 pm
Old Aug 16, 2010, 5:27 pm

As a new AMB yet to recieve my kit, what do these actually look like? Is it an actual box (wooden, plastic???)

anyone have pics? They sound like a nice kit to get! I'm excited!!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by htpconvert
As a new AMB yet to recieve my kit, what do these actually look like? Is it an actual box (wooden, plastic???)

anyone have pics? They sound like a nice kit to get! I'm excited!!
It's just black thin cardboard that is used to hold the papers and luggage tag. The packaging is not worth keeping.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:09 pm

ah ok! Not as cool then :-(
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I just got my renewal in the mail last week and now see what you're all talking about versus the size of previous boxes. The referral certificate expires in Feb 2011 but is spelled Fabruary. Is this a European spelling that I've just never seen before or a typo? Sorry if this seems off topic. Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by studio253
I just got my renewal in the mail last week and now see what you're all talking about versus the size of previous boxes. The referral certificate expires in Feb 2011 but is spelled Fabruary. Is this a European spelling that I've just never seen before or a typo? Sorry if this seems off topic. Thanks.
Now that I think about it, the new packaging is really no longer a box but rather it is a cardboard fold-out folio. BTW talking about spelling, ever notice that the RA Referral Cert envelope spells "Centre" in the British fashion e en though it goes to the USA address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.