Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points for Advance Purchase IC Stay?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Points for Advance Purchase IC Stay?

Apologies for the newbie question, but the sticky was not totally clear on this.

I completed a 4 night advance purchase (pre-paid) stay at the IC Melbourne The Rialto last week, and the stay has posted as 'Non-Qualifying'.

Before I email PC and look like a complete idiot, I thought I'd check on FT (where looking like an idiot is not so uncommon ) whether this is correct or not?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you book on PC or an IHG site, or a third party site? If on a IHG company site, you should get points. I have about 10-15% of all stays post as non-qualifying, which I have to report and they correct them.

If you booked on a non IHG travel site or such, you're probably out of luck.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Apologies for the newbie question, but the sticky was not totally clear on this.

I completed a 4 night advance purchase (pre-paid) stay at the IC Melbourne The Rialto last week, and the stay has posted as 'Non-Qualifying'.

Before I email PC and look like a complete idiot, I thought I'd check on FT (where looking like an idiot is not so uncommon ) whether this is correct or not?
If you booked the 'Advance Purchase' rate on the ICH site then it will qualify.

It may come down to how you booked it and what the rate you booked was.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks for the prompt replies. The stay was booked on the IC website. I will email PC and ask for the points to be credited...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.