Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jigri2003
Some info:

Prepaid meal plan rates as of Feb 2015 per post 1305: (breakfast price updated as of Jan 2020)

Breakfast: 4860 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Half board (breakfast and a 3-courses dinner): 13 053 xpf (tax incl) per person per day
Full board (breakfast, a 2-courses lunch and a 3-courses dinner): 17 632 xpf (tax incl) per person per day.

Breakfast 50% discount: available only at check in time if it is taken for the entire stay. It does not apply for half board and full board. Post 1376

Guaranteed Upgrade Costs as of January 2015 per post 1293

Emerald to Sapphire: 15,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond: 25,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond Otemanu: 35,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night
Emerald to Diamond End of Pontoon: 45,000 XPF + 14% taxes per night

Full prepayment prior to arrival required

Direct Boat Transfers to/from Airport One-way: 7334 XPF (updated Dec 2019) (about 15 minutes). Resort will email you to arrange this ahead of time if desired.

Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 3390 XPF per person one way (updated Dec 2019) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

Boat Times (as of Oct 2016, and current as of Jan 2020)

Leaving Le Moana:
7:45am
8:45am
11:45am*
12:45pm
1:45pm
4:30pm
5:30pm*
6:30pm
8:30pm
10:00pm

Leaving Thalasso:
8:15am
9:15am*
12:15pm
1:15pm
2:15pm*
5:00pm
6:00pm
7:00pm
9:30pm
10:30pm

* Boat times with a * can connect with the bus shuttle between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town, as shown below:

Bus Shuttles between IC Le Moana and Vaitape town:

Depart IC Le Moana:
9:45am
2:45pm

Depart Vaitape:
11:15am
5:00pm

The bus shuttle costs 1150 XPF RT/person.

Note: There is no ATM at the Thalasso. The closest ATMs are in Vaitape, the main town where the airport ferry stops. However, both IC Le Moana and Thalasso will give you a "cash advance" on your credit card for a fee of 5%. The transaction will post as a purchase.

XPF is also available at the airport in Pappeete from several ATMs.
POST 1795

Resort Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
I have an upcoming stay at the Thalasso for 3 nights on points and am looking to extend this to 6 nights now that I have enough points.

However the website is showing no reward availability for the remainder of the week we will be there. But plenty of availability in general using $. The weeks before and after have wide open reward availability.

Is there anyway to get the hotel to extend reward availability on the front/back end of my existing reservation, given that there are rooms available and I am a platinum member? (e.g., have ambassador line call hotel, email hotel, etc).

Appreciate any advice you can provide on how to get additional reward night availability to show up.
No harm in asking the hotel but can't see why they would. Its like airlines there might be plenty of seats to buy but award availability is limited.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Scotland
No harm in asking the hotel but can't see why they would. Its like airlines there might be plenty of seats to buy but award availability is limited.
Yeah they are unlikely to agree.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:44 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
It looks like there are only 2 rooms available at any given point for award redemption. Appears to only be the 2 room suites available for rewards.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
Appears to only be the 2 room suites available for rewards.
Yep that is correct. I would email the hotel and see if they will allow you to upgrade by paying the difference. Usually a couple of hundred if I remember correctly.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:17 am
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Originally Posted by lallyr
Yep that is correct. I would email the hotel and see if they will allow you to upgrade by paying the difference. Usually a couple of hundred if I remember correctly.
Thanks, I'll reach out to the Ambassador line to get their email address.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:38 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
I was wondering if the IC Thalasso has a guest library, where you can exchange books that other guest have left...Anyone knows about that?
And how much is the Internet in the Business Center?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
There are some books next to the Concierge desks.

Internet at the business center: I can't remember the cost, but, as everything else in Bora, it is overpriced.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA: EXP Hilton: Gold, SPG: Gold, Hyatt: Plat
This is an old thread, but I have the same question. Any experiences to share?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by askmrlee
I bought a Gold Ambassador IC membership last month with the hope that I can upgrade my Sapphire OWB to a Diamond OWB, but I wondered if buying a Costco/wholesaler rate makes us ineligible. One pessimistic rep at Costco Travel says don't count on it because their consolidator/wholesale rates in general void all elite benefits, while the others reps don't know anything.

The Diamond OWB is not sold out for our travel dates (mid-October 2006) which makes me hopeful that an upgrade is possible, and I understand this is subject to availability upon check-in.

Can anyone report on success using their GA benefits when not booked through IC or a standard travel agent and arriving under a group/wholesaler type rate?
Originally Posted by lax555
This is an old thread, but I have the same question. Any experiences to share?
To maximize the chance of room upgrade, first, you have to add your AMB status (your membership number) to your reservation regardless where you booked the room. What you can do is to send an email to IC Thalasso and ask them to add your AMB membership number to your reservation. Explain to them in the email the main reason to do so is to save time for filling out the check-in form during check in. Since once they enter your AMB # to the reservation, they should have all your personal information ready when you check in. In addition, ask the hotel if they have your confirmation number for your reservation .

If I were you, in the email I would not ask them if I could get upgraded. The hotel usually pre-assigns the rooms to the guests the day before their arrival or in the very early morning on the arrival day. They assign the room according to the room type they booked and their status. Hopefully the staff who assigns you the room can see your status on your reservation and try to upgrade you. I don't think s/he really looks into where you made your reservation (once your AMB # is on the reservation).

Once you arrive the hotel and check in, let see what they are going to get you. If they do not upgrade you, casually show them AMB membership card and ask them if you could get upgraded. Do not mention a word where you booked your reservation. I think the chance you got upgraded is like 80% + since October is not a peak season.

Good luck and please report back if you can make it!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
To maximize the chance of room upgrade, first, you have to add your AMB status (your membership number) to your reservation regardless where you booked the room. What you can do is to send an email to IC Thalasso and ask them to add your AMB membership number to your reservation. Explain to them in the email the main reason to do so is to save time for filling out the check-in form during check in. Since once they enter your AMB # to the reservation, they should have all your personal information ready when you check in. In addition, ask the hotel if they have your confirmation number for your reservation .

If I were you, in the email I would not ask them if I could get upgraded. The hotel usually pre-assigns the rooms to the guests the day before their arrival or in the very early morning on the arrival day. They assign the room according to the room type they booked and their status. Hopefully the staff who assigns you the room can see your status on your reservation and try to upgrade you. I don't think s/he really looks into where you made your reservation (once your AMB # is on the reservation).

Once you arrive the hotel and check in, let see what they are going to get you. If they do not upgrade you, casually show them AMB membership card and ask them if you could get upgraded. Do not mention a word where you booked your reservation. I think the chance you got upgraded is like 80% + since October is not a peak season.

Good luck and please report back if you can make it!

Seems like these resorts have gotten a lot more strict on giving out upgrades. I went to Tahiti for my Honeymoon back in March 2010 and I negotiated (via email) an upgrade to a Sapphire room for the entire duration. If you're aiming to go for a Diamond, however, email may not be the best option as the previous poster alluded.

We had a bit of a tussle over this when we arrived all because I didn't print out the reservation showing the room upgrade. The concierge tried to get me to pay extra for the upgrade and was saying I'd be stuck in a Coral Suite for the reward point nights... he had to 'research' the issue after I explained I had emailed about this previously. He came back and seemed to deny my word but made it seem like he was doing us a huge favor and offered a Diamond OWB at no extra cost. So we were pretty stoked to say the least at the time.
However, it wasn't until after I got back to the states and looked at the Thalasso resort map (which shows which bungalows are emerald/sapphire/diamond), that I realized we were put in a sapphire... I wasn't too happy about that little bit of misinformation. I complained about my experience and got 40k points for it too

ANYWAY, my recommendation: if you do happen to negotiate the upgrade via email, make sure you PRINT EVERYTHING OUT. And just to be safe, go ahead and print out a the resort map or a list of the bungalow #s and their respective levels. That way they won't be able to fool you into thinking they are doing you a huge favor and you are getting special treatment.

Or, you can just stay at Le Moana the entire time
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:55 pm

Update: Called the hotel to confirm that the ambassador numbers were attached to the reservations. I casually asked how full the resort was for next week (when we are checking in) and was told that it was completely full. I was under the impression that the ambassador program guaranteed a one class upgrade (in our case, from sapphire to diamond). What will happen if the hotel is sold out?
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax555
.. I casually asked how full the resort was for next week (when we are checking in) and was told that it was completely full. ..
I've heard "we are completely full" response pretty much every single time I asked even when I knew for sure occupancy was not high. Asking this question is absolutely pointless. Check what's available on the website.
Also even if they are full doesn't mean all other folks booked upgraded rooms.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:59 pm

A day after calling the hotel responded with the following e-mail:

Iaorana!

We do record your reservations at the Intercontinental Borabora Resort Thalasso and Spa booked through your travel agency Pacific Escapes, as well as your ambassador membership numbers.

Mauruuru,
XXX

This e-mail was sent on the 18th. Just this morning I received the following:

Iaorana,

Thank you for contacting the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa.

I have the pleasure to confirm your reservation in our lovely resort from the 24th of December to the 31st of December 2010.
As a Gold Ambassador member, you will indeed beneficiate of a late check-out the day of your departure.

Best regards

Heiura Grolez (Ms)
Guest Services Center

I'm not sure what triggered the above e-mail, but was surprised that the only "benefit" they mention is a late check out (which I won't even need). I have two rooms reserved and signed up for two ambassador memberships specifically for this trip! Should I respond of just wait it out and hope for the best?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL, AT, HH Diamond, PC Plat AMB
Could anyone tell me about flights to this resort from LAX? Do we just fly into PPT from LAX and take a water shuttle, or do we take an additional flight to Bora Bora, then the water taxi? Thank you!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Echarais
Could anyone tell me about flights to this resort from LAX? Do we just fly into PPT from LAX and take a water shuttle, or do we take an additional flight to Bora Bora, then the water taxi? Thank you!
Flight from LAX to PPT then PPT to BOB (Bora Bora) then boat to resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.