Wiki Posts
Search

Coke Rewards halves PC Points Cost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
Coke Rewards halves PC Points Cost

You can now redeem Coke Rewards (www.mycokerewards.com) points for twice as many PC Points as the last time I posted about this - 125 points gets you 500 PC Points, 500 gets you 2000 PC Points.
I know that a number of people consider this to be a poor exchange rate, but it's about the only reward worth redeeming for, any more.
Kate
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This is excellent news! After Delta ran out I stockpiled for a while and reluctantly settled on further filling up my PC account. I haven't redeemed yet, any chance that I can hold the PC codes for a few months and use them toward '09 status?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Just noticed this a few minutes ago and cashed in my humble 750 points for 3,000 Priority Club points! Cool ^
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
This is excellent news! After Delta ran out I stockpiled for a while and reluctantly settled on further filling up my PC account. I haven't redeemed yet, any chance that I can hold the PC codes for a few months and use them toward '09 status?

Go ahead and redeem for the points now - what you get is just a code. When you enter that at the PC site your points show up, just like the 5000 point cert we get for renewing Ambassador status. My email from Coke did not show an expiration date, but you might want to ask Coke Rewards or PC if there is one.

Kate
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: IC Play RA, Amtrak Select
and I always thought those things were worthless. Guess I'll remember to keep the tops now.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:41 pm

Thanks for posting this.

Off-topic: I never understood why MCR offers the same ratio for trading small and large numbers of points. The same was true for Delta last year whether you were getting 1,000 or 25,000 miles. It seems like they should give an incentive to save up. Like 125 MCR = 500 PC and 500 MCR = 2100 PC.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 6:20 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Good things come to those who wait. While the transfer ratio to PC points has improved considerably, I think I'll wait a little longer to see if DL miles come back on line.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
Good things come to those who wait. While the transfer ratio to PC points has improved considerably, I think I'll wait a little longer to see if DL miles come back on line.

Often true, but historically those who have waited to cash in for rewards on My Coke Rewards have gone without. Those who indicated that they were stockpiling points to use after the April change are probably kicking themselves now. YMMV
Good luck!

Kate
Old Jun 8, 2007, 11:32 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by kykate
Often true, but historically those who have waited to cash in for rewards on My Coke Rewards have gone without. Those who indicated that they were stockpiling points to use after the April change are probably kicking themselves now.
On the other hand, those who cashed in their MCR points for PC points prior to the recent revaluation are probably kicking themselves now as well!
Old Jun 9, 2007, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
On the other hand, those who cashed in their MCR points for PC points prior to the recent revaluation are probably kicking themselves now as well!
Yep,this is one time that it didn't work for me.
Good luck with your strategy!
Kate
Old Jun 9, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, IC Hotels Priority Club Gold
Haha! About time I can cash in all these points I've been accumulating . . . . its still not the best conversion ratio, but its good enough to make me take advantage before its gone.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:34 pm

Programs: WN CP, NW Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
Not the best conversion rate, but most of my points have come from promo codes posted on FT so I can't complain! ^
Old Jun 13, 2007, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

I hope that those of you that wanted to cash out Coke Rewards Points for PC points have done so - at this time the reward has been removed from the site. And, I still don't see the Delta miles back on there.
Kate
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:16 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by kykate
I hope that those of you that wanted to cash out Coke Rewards Points for PC points have done so - at this time the reward has been removed from the site. And, I still don't see the Delta miles back on there.
Kate
This has been fixed. The PC Points, Budget RAC, Royal Caribbean, and even the contests are back. I did have to reset a few "Favorites" entries. However, I was able to redeem for 2000 PC Points. Note, however, that the last two lines of the redemption message are missing, where the www.priorityclub.com/deposit link should be. Just use the link manually, or from a previous redemption, though another noted they can find it through the PC website.

We can breathe again. Looks like a "software error" for "Wednesday the 13th".
Old Jun 15, 2007, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyzabit
This has been fixed. The PC Points, Budget RAC, Royal Caribbean, and even the contests are back. I did have to reset a few "Favorites" entries. However, I was able to redeem for 2000 PC Points. Note, however, that the last two lines of the redemption message are missing, where the www.priorityclub.com/deposit link should be. Just use the link manually, or from a previous redemption, though another noted they can find it through the PC website.

We can breathe again. Looks like a "software error" for "Wednesday the 13th".
Ah, the old "Friday the 13th falls on a Wednesday this month" trick!
I have gone back and cashed in another 125 points. Thanks!
Kate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.