Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Properties Benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
LHR Properties Benefits

Platinums used to get free parking at the HI Ariel (and a welcome drink) at least until last summer but not anymore. Was done to bring benefits "in-line" with other properties in the area per staff. Do any of the other LHR HI's give free parking, apart from the "park and fly rates". At least the Ariel gives a room upgrade, the CP gives nothing. I have only ever used the Ariel and the CP over the last 7 years.
Old May 19, 2009, 1:46 pm
Hoc

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, AA Exp, 2.5 MM, United Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tobegold
Platinums used to get free parking at the HI Ariel (and a welcome drink) at least until last summer but not anymore. Was done to bring benefits "in-line" with other properties in the area per staff. Do any of the other LHR HI's give free parking, apart from the "park and fly rates". At least the Ariel gives a room upgrade, the CP gives nothing. I have only ever used the Ariel and the CP over the last 7 years.
I was at the HI Ariel last year Memorial weekend. Did not get a welcome drink nor any upgrade or even anything more than mediocre service and an attitude. At the time, I was Ambassador and Platinum. The room was tiny, and the queen-size bed took up almost all of the floor space.
Old May 19, 2009, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Holiday Inn at Sipson Road has free parking for guests if my recollection is correct

Dave
Old May 19, 2009, 2:12 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
HI Sipsons Road - £10 per night for residents
HI Sipsons Way - £10 per night for residents
CP LHR - £12 per night for residents
HI Ariel - £10 per night for residents
Old May 19, 2009, 3:07 pm

On my last vist to the LHR CP a few weeks ago, as a Platinum I was upgraded to the club floor, given free internet access and free overnight parking.

The Sipson Road HI also gave me free overnight parking a couple of months ago.

Last edited by TheAlien; May 19, 2009 at 3:08 pm Reason: Typos!
Old May 19, 2009, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hoc
I was at the HI Ariel last year Memorial weekend. Did not get a welcome drink nor any upgrade or even anything more than mediocre service and an attitude. At the time, I was Ambassador and Platinum. The room was tiny, and the queen-size bed took up almost all of the floor space.
I've been to a decent number of HIs in the UK (I can count 15 easily enough) and I can easily say that the HI Ariel is the worst I've stayed at. Your experience is, in my own experience (two stays as plat) par for the course...
Old May 19, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
HI LHR M4 always gives exec room upgrades and judging by the list that appears when you check in @ the PC reception,they get a lot of us.I once asked if they would waiver the 10GBP parking and they said 'non'.However that doesnt matter much with the ongoing 'park n fly' bonanza .......
Old May 19, 2009, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jimthehorsegod
I've been to a decent number of HIs in the UK (I can count 15 easily enough) and I can easily say that the HI Ariel is the worst I've stayed at. Your experience is, in my own experience (two stays as plat) par for the course...
The executive rooms are nice, I have always been upgraded except on 2 visits when all exec rooms were taken. I have at least 14 stays over the last 7 years, sometimes checking in before 10:00. Rooms are small but for 1 night is all I need. Only problems have been that they always manage to either screw-up my points posting or try charging me extra for things I never had. Rate is main selling point GBP37 or GBP47 with breakfast (+ VAT).
Old May 20, 2009, 12:19 am

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Originally Posted by TheAlien
On my last vist to the LHR CP a few weeks ago, as a Platinum I was upgraded to the club floor, given free internet access and free overnight parking.

The Sipson Road HI also gave me free overnight parking a couple of months ago.
I will need to tell my colleague this as l think he has been paying the £12/night. We both always stay in Club rooms
Old May 20, 2009, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Staying at HI Mayfair as a PC Plat in a few weeks - any perks to speak of? I won't have a vehicle but would welcome Internet, breakfast, or similar. On an award stay if it is of any difference. Thanks in advance.
Old May 20, 2009, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by g00ner
I will need to tell my colleague this as l think he has been paying the £12/night. We both always stay in Club rooms
Checked with the girls in the Club Lounge and free parking is not a benefit. You mush have been lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.