Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shanghai - Indigo on the Bund (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, Hhonors, Priority Club
Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund? I've searched the forum but can't find a review on this new location.

Info appreciated

Nick

Last edited by tradernick; Jan 23, 2011 at 7:52 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Location is great and the view must be astounding (when booking a room with Pudong view).

The hotel opened only one or two months ago, though. I haven't stayed there, but it's the (IHG) hotel I would go for when I in Shanghai.

That said, it belongs to Interconti and that's probably where we should move this thread to.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: SQ
havent stayed there but ws curious the other day and checked it out...really nice views of pudong and the upper bund...facilities look nice but nothing was opened...restaurants and bar included...i took a pic of the view from the 30th floor if youre interested but have no info on the rooms..
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:43 am

I just went on the safe side and booked a hotel for the October golden week in Shanghai and initially wanted to go for the new Indigo, but room rates are outrageous: 2080 yuan/ night for a Pudong view room... more expensive than any IC

IC Puxi seems like a bargain at 1300 yuan...
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:35 am

Anyone stayed here yet? The hotel sure does look interesting and I think the location is pretty good. I've never stayed at an Indigo hotel before. Do they upgrade PC Plats on award stay as well?

Last edited by broadwayboy; Mar 24, 2011 at 8:43 am
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Haven't stayed, but it looks nice driving buy from the outside. Also pretty busy...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:17 pm

I stayed for 1 night this week. I had originally planned it for 4 nights, but decided to move out for a number of different reasons.

The design is nifty. This property is the first in Asia for Indigo and their look is similar to that of SPG's Le Meridien. The Lobby space looks like an art gallery with lots of contemporary Chinese artwork. There are 2 'green walls' a la Patrick Blanc done by local company.

Check-in was painless. I was recognized as a Plat and given (I think) an upgrade to a corner room with partial view of the Huangpu river, but not really the Pudong skyline.

The room is witty -- the bed wall has a backdrop of B&W architecture photo of old Shanghai with some accent colors. The desk/sofa combo -- yes, they are attached to each other -- is cute, but the sofa is extremely uncomfortable. Very sculptural, not very functional. The bathroom has no tub, but an oversized shower with windows. Beautiful little blue/white tiles. Toilet is not as high tech as Toto, but has the panel with flush, spray features.

The bed is comfortable, sheet is nice, but a bit too crisp since it's probably been washed for few months now.

Platinum welcome amenity is a tin box and a brownie. And that's about it. No breakfast for Plats. Wired/wireless internet is free for all.

Pool is smallish but has nice views of the river.

Room service price is on the high side (expected), but I did not expect soft drinks to cost RMB 60 + 15% tax. That's ridiculous.

There's been many reviews on TA about bad food here, so I skipped room service and went elsewhere.

The neighborhood is NOT that exciting. Yes, it is on the Bund, but it's a bit far down South.

Staff is polite but not extremely professional or well trained. On our check out day, the doorman did not even help with our luggage, but just went to the driver and told him where we wanted to go.

I am glad I got to check it out, but don't think will return.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I stayed for 1 night this week. I had originally planned it for 4 nights, but decided to move out for a number of different reasons.

The design is nifty. This property is the first in Asia for Indigo and their look is similar to that of SPG's Le Meridien. The Lobby space looks like an art gallery with lots of contemporary Chinese artwork. There are 2 'green walls' a la Patrick Blanc done by local company.

Check-in was painless. I was recognized as a Plat and given (I think) an upgrade to a corner room with partial view of the Huangpu river, but not really the Pudong skyline.

The room is witty -- the bed wall has a backdrop of B&W architecture photo of old Shanghai with some accent colors. The desk/sofa combo -- yes, they are attached to each other -- is cute, but the sofa is extremely uncomfortable. Very sculptural, not very functional. The bathroom has no tub, but an oversized shower with windows. Beautiful little blue/white tiles. Toilet is not as high tech as Toto, but has the panel with flush, spray features.

The bed is comfortable, sheet is nice, but a bit too crisp since it's probably been washed for few months now.

Platinum welcome amenity is a tin box and a brownie. And that's about it. No breakfast for Plats. Wired/wireless internet is free for all.

Pool is smallish but has nice views of the river.

Room service price is on the high side (expected), but I did not expect soft drinks to cost RMB 60 + 15% tax. That's ridiculous.

There's been many reviews on TA about bad food here, so I skipped room service and went elsewhere.

The neighborhood is NOT that exciting. Yes, it is on the Bund, but it's a bit far down South.

Staff is polite but not extremely professional or well trained. On our check out day, the doorman did not even help with our luggage, but just went to the driver and told him where we wanted to go.

I am glad I got to check it out, but don't think will return.
Pics?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:06 am

Old Apr 16, 2011, 9:59 pm

Nice pics, thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by broadwayboy

Thanks for the pics! It looks like they went kind of gaudy on the wallpaper.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:20 pm

Shanghai - Indigo on the Bund (Master Thread)

Not too many reviews for Indigo in Shanghai. Any more experiences? I have read the few early ones here since the hotel opened. So far, the pros seem to be funky design, nice location, nice views. Location is debatable since its not on the main touristy part of the Bund. How far of a walk would it be? Safe at night to walk?

Who's stayed on reward nights? How is the plain "old city" view? I would love a premier room with a view of the bund and river but fear they will not give those on reward stays.

Food/restaurants nearby? What else can you tell me?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by db1234db1234
Not too many reviews for Indigo in Shanghai. Any more experiences? I have read the few early ones here since the hotel opened. So far, the pros seem to be funky design, nice location, nice views. Location is debatable since its not on the main touristy part of the Bund. How far of a walk would it be? Safe at night to walk?

Who's stayed on reward nights? How is the plain "old city" view? I would love a premier room with a view of the bund and river but fear they will not give those on reward stays.

Food/restaurants nearby? What else can you tell me?
I can comment on your questions about the location:
- It's one end of the 'touristy' bund walk, the other end is up at the Peninsula hotel. A nice 30 min stroll or a faily quick 15 min walk (about 2 km). Just as entire Shanghai, the area is safe, even at night. I wouldn't do the walk past 11 pm, as the lights go out in Pudong. You can also take the bus to Nanjing road, No, 928, 65, 910; 5 minutes.
French concession is easily accessbile by taxi, it's just down the road (Fuxing Lu/ Wulumuqi Lu).
There is a nice "Hutong"-style area left from Fuxing Lu (turn left where after the tunnel exit), with very few tourists. Markets, narrow alleys, food hawkers - in contrast to your view on the modern Pudong Skyline.

There are restaurants nearby, very fancy ones with Pudong views next door, some coffee places across the street in the office buildings. Not so many other restaurants.

Hotels here are generally not averse to upselling your room, so if they refuse to give you Pudong view, I assume you can still pay (a minor charge) to upgrade.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:59 am

There was another thread on this maybe 2-3 mo's ago, try a search.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:15 am

I stayed on a reward as a Plat - not much recognition. Got a tin box containing a CD, no breakfast, complimentary internet (maybe for all guests, IIRC).

I posted some photos too. Do a search - you'll find them.

Mod, please merge with existing thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.