Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

New Sakura Lounge at HND (2023- ) [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Sakura Lounge at HND (2023- ) [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the comments Laplap. I tend to arrive at the airport early, but since this is an Air France flight in a foreign country, I'm dependent on the opening of the checkin counters, which is usually around 3 hrs before scheduled departure.

I'm hoping to catch a light meal at the lounge (or in a restaurant at the airport) before the flight since I want to just try to go to sleep as soon as I can and skip the meal service.
LapLap likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Managed to access this lounge as a result
of my PE ticket with was appreciated. Seats were OK, though would have appreciated a couple more TVs with flight info on.
there were a few meal options (their beef curry, bento box and some western options), beer dispenser, wine dispensers and some free pour sparkling wines, and saki.
would have been nice to have some comfy sofa’s. Only had an hour transfer myself so no real issues
Old May 4, 2023, 10:38 pm

F Lounge guest access with kid?

Not quite on topic for this thread, but close enough that it didn’t seem worth starting a new one:

Family of 3 (two adults and one 8-year old kid) flying HND-ORD in J. One adult is OWE, nobody else has status.

Can spouse + kid enter F lounge as guests of the status member? Or is it Sakura lounge only for us?

And following on the comments above, if it’s Sakura only, would folks suggest visiting the CX lounge instead?
Old May 4, 2023, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jakezim
Not quite on topic for this thread, but close enough that it didn’t seem worth starting a new one:

Family of 3 (two adults and one 8-year old kid) flying HND-ORD in J. One adult is OWE, nobody else has status.

Can spouse + kid enter F lounge as guests of the status member? Or is it Sakura lounge only for us?

And following on the comments above, if it’s Sakura only, would folks suggest visiting the CX lounge instead?
I think it's only one guest allowed.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:17 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/jalmile/flyon/lounge.html

Children three years of age or over (on Japan domestic flights) or two years of age or over (on international flights) are counted as a traveling companion.
Old May 4, 2023, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Originally Posted by lsquare
I think it's only one guest allowed.
Indeed one guest only, both for F and J lounge. That would go for both Sakura and CX J lounges. Some programs allow to bring children in to the home lounges. JAL only allows jmb members to use lounge coupons for extra guests, so no free guests. I am not sure which OWE you have, and whether there is a family rule for that program, but it would only apply for the lounges of the associated airline, not alliance wide.
​​​
Old May 4, 2023, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
18-year-olds count as children? Where does JAL draw the line?
Old May 13, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Here's a new report on the lounge (Japanese only).

https://www.dangan-lucky.com/entry/h...ge-review-2023

Unfortunately it says the lounge was very crowded. I was hoping for less crowding...
lsquare likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G, LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One

Unfortunately it says the lounge was very crowded. I was hoping for less crowding...
Apparently not as crowded as the ANA Suite Lounge
Old May 13, 2023, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Worth noting that this report was made in the morning (“early” is mentioned a few times but it’s not specific about when)
Unimatrix One likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
What a dump. Crowded. Noisy. Designed like a maze. Not a comfortable chair in the place. Seats outside the lounge near the gates are better.
Old May 29, 2023, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
18-year-olds count as children? Where does JAL draw the line?
Until fairly recently Japan has 20 as the age you become an adult. Now 18.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 7:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
I guess we may have a different definition of armchairs (what I mean is any sort of cushy chair that has an armrest), but this is what ANA currently has at ITM:

The Sakura lounge at ITM, in contrast, has LOTS of counters and tables. It feels like a cheap cafeteria.

I bet you are going to "love" the new NH HND lounge at T2, especially the way they pack 1300 seats there LOL

Old Jul 17, 2023, 10:45 am
mhy

Programs: JGC
Just flew HND-JFK yesterday and used Sakura Lounge. I had F lounge access until early this year so first time in the J lounge in a few years (pre-COVID). Seems they've moved the lounges around a bit since I last visited.

A word of advice: if you are using the Sakura Lounge, skip the 4th floor lounge and go to the 5th floor one ("SKY VIEW" lounge). The 4th floor section was extremely overcrowded with almost no seating available. The line for food was long. The 5th floor lounge was considerably less crowded and more serene. I miss the F lounge!
Old Oct 22, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I just used this lounge the other day from about 4:30pm to 5:45pm. It's basically the only Oneworld J lounge open at this time. (The Cathay lounge closes at 5pm and the Sakura Skyview lounge doesn't open until 6pm.) It was quite crowded, although there were enough open seats that I didn't have to walk around a long time to find one. The alcohol selection was very good. The food selection was meh. Most selections are not offered via the buffet but are prepared to order, and it looks like you can only order large items that are almost a meal in themselves. I only wanted a small snack, but the only things on offer at the buffet were junky carbs (bread and sweets). No cheese or cold cuts or vegetables or anything.

The other weird thing is that every seat has a QR code you can scan which supposedly lets you place an order for food, but when I scanned the code at my seat and tried to look at the menu, it told me that only certain areas of the lounge are allowed to order online, and my area wasn't one of them. (Then why have a QR code at my seat?)

So overall the lounge wasn't very good but it wasn't horrible either. Better than the overcrowded ANA lounge in the same terminal, but as CPH-Flyer said upthread, that's a very low bar.

Last edited by Unimatrix One; Oct 22, 2023 at 11:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.