Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Mint Service to PHX/LAS & SJU expansion announced

Old May 8, 2024 | 10:12 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver

https://news.jetblue.com/latest-news...s/default.aspx

The following new destinations will be served with nonstop service to/from Luis Muńoz Marín International Airport (SJU):

To/From San Juan (SJU):

Frequency:

Begins:

Providence, RI (PVD)

1x daily

10/27/2024

Westchester County, NY (HPN)

1x daily

10/27/2024

Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI) 1

1x daily

10/28/2024

Medellín, Colombia (MDE) 1

4x weekly

10/29/2024

Cancún, Mexico (CUN) 1

JetBlue is now offering Mint on the following routes:

JetBlue focus city

To/from:

Frequency:

Mint service begins:

New York (JFK)

San Juan (SJU)

1x daily

7/22/2024

New York (JFK)

Vancouver (YVR)

1x daily

7/21/2024

Fort Lauderdale (FLL)

Las Vegas (LAS)

2x daily, winter seasonal

10/27/2024

Fort Lauderdale (FLL)

Phoenix (PHX)

1x daily, winter seasonal

10/25/2024

Boston (BOS)

Phoenix (PHX)

10/27/2024

New York (JFK)

Phoenix (PHX)

10/27/2024

The following new service will begin this fall:

JetBlue focus city

To/from:

Frequency:

Begins:

San Juan (SJU)

St. Croix (STX)

1x daily

12/12/2024

New York (JFK)

St. Vincent (SVD)

To be announced

To be announced

New York (JFK)

Bonaire (BON)

To be announced

To be announced

3x weekly

10/28/2024

St. Croix, USVI (STX)

1x daily

12/12/2024
N830MH likes this.
Old May 8, 2024 | 5:55 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM, FB Silver
SJU expansion is unsurprising given St. George is back, curious to see how the new Mint routes do as well - some of them feel like no-brainers (e.g., JFK-PHX), but does FLL-LAS have enough premium passengers for 2x mint daily?
Old May 9, 2024 | 12:27 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
Interesting there is very little in Boston… which is probably where the most work is needed.
Old May 10, 2024 | 9:43 am
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by luxurytravelled
Interesting there is very little in Boston… which is probably where the most work is needed.
Just with the move from E190s to A220s over the next year, BOS will be getting a decent boost in capacity. I would expect BOS growth to happen next year once they have more planes. For the winter season, it makes more sense to focus on destinations people actually want to go to in the winter.
jjbiv and skydelt like this.
Old May 10, 2024 | 10:40 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, B6 Mosaic 2, AS MVP Gold, DL GM, FB Silver
Originally Posted by luxurytravelled
I'm BOS based, and honestly the issue isn't really the network or the Mint availability - both are fine and are mostly equal to/better than Delta's offerings still

The bigger fish they need to fry in Boston, in my opinion, are:
  1. Some kind of corporate traveler/Mosaic enhancement - Boston is a heavy business travel city, and even a lot of the leisure travelers are using business travel-obtained points/status/general favoritism; Delta is sweeping these travelers right now and will continue to do so until Mosaic gets better/there's a premium cabin on all flights
  2. Operations are generally terrible network wide, but they're amplified in BOS where DL is extremely efficient - I can't count the number of times I've been delayed on B6 while watching a DL flight on the same route take-off

Obviously, neither of those things can be fixed by routes or existing aircraft, which makes things trickier for B6 (:
Old May 20, 2024 | 8:59 pm

Thank you for sharing this interesting info. As pointed out by others, it's indeed interesting that there is not much BOS capacity.
Old May 25, 2024 | 11:39 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rewardtrek
Thank you for sharing this interesting info. As pointed out by others, it's indeed interesting that there is not much BOS capacity.
BOS after about 2 pm is consistently messy, especially in the summer. Terminal E is jam-packed, and it's not uncommon for foreign airlines to wait an hour or more for gates. Arguably, I will say that DL's expansion in recent years has been the leading cause of the strain as they now have almost a dozen A330s and 767s on the ground at a time. This wasn't the case pre-COVID and even just a few years ago. With TAP and Aer Lingus going out of C, too, there isn't much that can be added in the peak time slots.

The mornings, too, are a mess, every airline is towing from Cargo stands over to their respective terminal, and DL is now using E for domestic departures before noon, so there isn't much room for JetBlue to expand their RON departures past the C-E connector.

I've been flying BOS-DEN regularly for the past 5 years, and one thing that has been glaringly obvious is how seasonal BOS has become. November - March (outside of school breaks) flights can often be ghost towns, and I've been on plenty of half-full flights the past few winters.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.