Search

Need help with KLM equipment

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Need help with KLM equipment

Hi all,

I'm working on some creative routings to get from ATL to MUC in a few weeks. There are a few options from ORD or JFK to AMS that KLM calls "747-400 mixed equipment." I went to KLM's website and tried a dummy booking, but the seat map opens both configs. Any thoughts on if these are lie-flats or old sleeper style seats?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by ATLpat
Hi all,

I'm working on some creative routings to get from ATL to MUC in a few weeks. There are a few options from ORD or JFK to AMS that KLM calls "747-400 mixed equipment." I went to KLM's website and tried a dummy booking, but the seat map opens both configs. Any thoughts on if these are lie-flats or old sleeper style seats?
You may want to read through this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...-wbc-seat.html

Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Nothing is sure yet as there are only a limited number of 747's reconfigured. Seatmap at time of booking/MMB is not a good indicator.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hi all,

Why do you want to take KLM through JFK or ORD to get to AMS from ATL? If you don't want the ATL-AMS nonstop or a TATL flight into MUC, look for a roundabout routing with flat beds, such as connecting through LHR on the way to AMS.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
Hi all,

granted this has no bearing on the WBC seating, but I think "mixed" actually refers to the 747-400 Combi where the back end of the main deck is in freighter config (OAG designation is "74M")
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
I'm trying to get to MUC from ATL on low. I'm using Award Nexus and I'm getting ATL FCO MUC, ATL DTW AMS MUC, ATL JFK AMS MUC, ATL IAD AMS MUC, etc.

I'd prefer ATL MUC direct or one stop. Flat beds would be icing on the cake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.