Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying for window seat during OLCI?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: Flying blue
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That is one way of spinning it. However, given that KL allows seat reservation from 330* days out, unlike other airlines which only allow a free selection once OLCI happens
When booking, if you use an agent then the choice isn't always there for the passenger until the online check in. Most of the time I only find out in the 30 hours before flight time because I do not get a say at the booking time.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vexorg
When booking, if you use an agent then the choice isn't always there for the passenger until the online check in. Most of the time I only find out in the 30 hours before flight time because I do not get a say at the booking time.
If you get a booking reference you can do it yourself at any time via MMB?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If you get a booking reference you can do it yourself at any time via MMB?
Don't think so, or at least I've never found a way. I only ever found the change during OLCI.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by vexorg
Nearly all of my KLM bookings are made via third parties. I never, ever buy from KLM - occasionally from Air France.

These bookings all tend to show up automatically in my Flying Blue account without me having to add them - I always give my FB number when booking, and KLM notices and shows me (I was very surprised to see that they'd noticed a Garuda booking I had made which magically appeared in my FB account the next time I logged in). And I have always been able to select seats for all of these flights, simply by going to the KLM website.

Which agent do you use? I can see absolutely no reason why you shouldnot be able to select seats on klm.com, regardless of who made the booking. I've used a wide range of agents down through the years, and I can't remember ever having to wait until OLCI to select a seat (except in the days where European seats could not be selected in advance)...even with other airlines in the mix, even with agents who don't use the Amadeus GDS...
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:39 am

I'll need to check next time I book. It's just a smaller UK based agent we use.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I have KLM operated flights on my itinerary ticketed by DL, even if I have KLM flight numbers and a KLM PNR, I've never been able to see the seat map or select seats myself, even for Eurobusiness class. However, I am able to request seat type through a DL phone agent and have seats booked for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.