Wiki Posts
Search

which plane reg will operate my flight?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
which plane reg will operate my flight?

Hi everyone, apologies if this has been covered before, I can't find it. Is there any way to see which aircraft will be operating my flight KL605 on Tuesday 15th Mar and Wednesday 16th Mar? I know they are both a332 but would like to know if I will be getting the more 'updated' (not NEW) WBC or the old slippery slopes.

Thanks a lot,

Luke
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I doubt there will be any way to find this out already, especially since the flight departs from KLM's homebase so swaps are possible up to the last moment. I know that in KLM's "My booking" section the name of the plane is (sometimes?) mentioned which could lead you to the registration, but this does not always seem to be up to date. Another option is to check "tomorrows" departing flights on the Schiphol website on the 14th - which starts in Amsterdam in about 24 hours from now.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:49 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Flight Guide is available online from 48 hours before departure of your KLM flight.
Log in at KLM, go to my trips and scroll down to 'flight guide' and open that link. There you will find the name of your plane & the type.
Furthermore the seatplan should give it away (& the 'new WBC, may change due to operational reasons' remark)

However i don't know if the seatplan and Aircraft type at the trip details are leading or the flight guide.Why? I see for my AMS-AUH 14 March trip the 789 seat plan & Aircraft type: 789. However when you go to the flight guide i see another plane:
This is Pont du Gard, the Boeing 777-200ER used to bring you to Abu Dhabi. The aircraft (type) can be changed last minute.
AFAIK KLM most of the time used the 330's in the past and recently the 789.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lukecdw
I know they are both a332 but would like to know if I will be getting the more 'updated' (not NEW) WBC or the old slippery slopes.
Doesn't the seatmap in "Manage My Booking" show you whether it is new or old business?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:03 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Schiphol website provides the registration, which can be seen the day prior to departure I believe.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Yep, and at http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/ that data is aggregated, so you can also see where the plane is coming from.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Doesn't the seatmap in "Manage My Booking" show you whether it is new or old business?
WRT A332, there is no difference in the seat layout between the slippery slope business class seats and the newer ones. So the only way to be sure is by the reg of the aircraft.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Unless its flight back from Luanda tonight (KL584) is very much delayed, PH-AOB seems to be the winning number for departure on the 15th...
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:19 pm

Do any of the A332 aircraft have new WBC at all ?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spoddy
Do any of the A332 aircraft have new WBC at all ?
Nope!

Johan
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
WRT A332, there is no difference in the seat layout between the slippery slope business class seats and the newer ones. So the only way to be sure is by the reg of the aircraft.
"Newer ones" meaning what?

It seems that the A330 family still all have angled seats.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 8:15 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
The A333 and A332 (from PH-AOM) have the seats that are similar to the seats on the B77W.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Melia Gold
hi guys, I'm not sure if I was clear so apologies for that I just wanted to know whether I would get the old business class or the more "cocoon" style business class like on most of the 77W's. I know there is no new business class on the a330. I ended up on Museumplein - Amsterdam (PH-AON) in seat 7G on the way to washington where I connected to SFO. Nice seat overall and crew made sure to close the curtain properly when walking in/out of economy.

thanks all for the informative replies.

Luke

Last edited by lukecdw; Mar 27, 2016 at 6:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.