Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The WedgieBed™ is dead! Long live the WedgieBed™!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:10 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Potentially good news and it may stem the slide before it becomes irredeemable. A few questions: which version of the AF long-haul seat would this be? I'm assuming it's the newer variety.

Will this also mean getting the abysmal AF IFE? Although I have some quibbles with KL's IFE in the new WBC, it's still infinitely better than AF's.

Finally, when you say proper 2x2 seating on short-haul, will that be AF-style block-the-middle-seat seating, or actually, really proper 2x2 like domestic F in the US? I know it's almost certainly the former, but I had to ask... even just blocking the middle seat will be an enormous improvement though.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
Will this also mean getting the abysmal AF IFE? Although I have some quibbles with KL's IFE in the new WBC, it's still infinitely better than AF's.
I agree that the current AF longhaul IFE is beyond pathetic, yet AF is about to stage an IFE retrofit operation that will eventually see a new system installed in the widebody fleet that should outshine the current KLM offerings.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
Originally Posted by HB-IWC
I agree that the current AF longhaul IFE is beyond pathetic, yet AF is about to stage an IFE retrofit operation that will eventually see a new system installed in the widebody fleet that should outshine the current KLM offerings.
The latest generation of AF POD seats (the ones with the up/down button above your head, similar to QF seats) have a better video on demand system now.
With actually quite a good selection of movies and audio too.
Sadly it is not on all aircraft and there still is 7-abreast in J.
As far as I have been informed this will be the seat for the 77W on KL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.