Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schiphol Guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Shall we also get a section on the duty-free/landside shopping options?

I haven't been to AMS in a couple of years and I'm not a big fan of airport shopping anyway but surely there must be some highlights other travelers will find useful or interesting???
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by apoivre
Shall we also get a section on the duty-free/landside shopping options?
Did you mean duty-free and landside? Of course there is no duty free shopping landside. I gave the link that shows all the shops. Is there anything more you need to know? The grocery store is the highlight for me.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apoivre
I'm not a big fan of airport shopping
Nor am I.

I needed some lithium batteries the other week. Airside at Schiphol they were €12.95 each. At the store where I normally buy them in Holland they cost €7.

Johan
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by stimpy
Did you mean duty-free and landside? Of course there is no duty free shopping landside.
Of course I meant duty-free and/or landside, hence the slash between the two.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry, in any case I just got an ad from FB Amex saying you get an extra FB mile for each Euro you spend at See Buy Fly through December 31st.

http://content.schiphol.nl/sbf/awardmiles/index.html
Old Nov 24, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
FB Service Centre at Schiphol?

Hi folks,

I read somewhere (?) on FT that there's a Flying Blue office/counter at Schiphol, but I can't find the thread where I saw it.

So, can anyone tell me if there is, indeed, such an entity and, if so, where it is? Also, I seem to remember from the original that there were very positive remarks made about it : as I'm planning a rather 'tricky' combined revenue (for me) + award (for my pal) trip early next year, I thought that maybe going to someone from FB in person might be better than phoning (the website gives me no end of grief when trying for the award booking ).

Any help is much appreciated ...
-- Henry
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:38 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Henry,

Indeed there is. The Flying Blue desk is located inside the KLM Crown lounge. They can help you out.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Nov 24, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi Henry,

... They can help you out.

GenevaFlyer
Thanks very much; I'll give it a go.
-H
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi Henry,

Indeed there is. The Flying Blue desk is located inside the KLM Crown lounge. They can help you out.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
To be precise: there are two FB desks: in Crown Lounges 25 (Schengen) and 52 (the new, non-Schengen Lounge).

Lounge 41 (the old, non-Schengen Lounge) does not have a FB desk.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: KLM FB, BA EC, Miles&Mafia, Delta SM, Mile High Club
Airport bookstores are horrible, but there's a halfway decent store called Libris in Schiphol Plaza, the landside shopping mall. Prices are comparable to downtown bookstores and they've got a much better collection than newspaper/book outlet AKO.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:24 pm

how to find lounge

hey every one i have just booked the Servisair lounge amsterdam Airport Lounge Terminal 3,but i think my flight departing from T2 can i go to T3 and entire the lounge as im flying klm to bkk if some one could let me no thanks some much)
Old May 1, 2013, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dalt1066
hey every one i have just booked the Servisair lounge amsterdam Airport Lounge Terminal 3,but i think my flight departing from T2 can i go to T3 and entire the lounge as im flying klm to bkk if some one could let me no thanks some much)
If you look at the map, there are only two Servisair lounges http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/At...AndLounges.htm and there effectively only two terminals at Schiphol, one Schengen and the other non-Schengen. BKK is non-Schengen so you should be ok as long as you booked lounge 41 rather than 26.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Is there long term left luggage at Schiphol? I need to leave a cold weather clothing bag there for two weeks while in Africa over the Christmas holiday...
Old May 11, 2013, 2:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Is there long term left luggage at Schiphol? I need to leave a cold weather clothing bag there for two weeks while in Africa over the Christmas holiday...
Yes. Between Arrivals 1 and 2, level -1. Maximum storage is one month.
Old May 11, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Yes. Between Arrivals 1 and 2, level -1. Maximum storage is one month.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.