Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Air Inflight Catering

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
This may be a dumb question...

We're flying SEA-ICN in a week, Prestige Class on a 777-300ER, and looking forward to it. I can login on KE.com, access our booking, and there's an option to choose "in-flight meal selection". The options listed are simply "Special in-flight meals" or "Not requested. If I select "Special" the options are Vegetarian, Religious, Controlled Diet, etc. If you select one of those, you can choose fruit, etc. But there are no options (at least none that I can see) to select the non-special meal options.

If I simply follow the higher-level menu to "In-Flight > In-Flight Service > In-flight Meals > click Prestige class, enter departure/arrival cities, date etc., I see there will be a First Meal, a Second Meal, and the choices for Korean/Western/Western (Bibimbap, grilled beef tenderloin, roasted cod).

But I see no place to specify my choice there, either. Does that man that they will load enough that I'm more-or-less guaranteed the meal of my choice (that seems unlikely), or am I missing the option somewhere?

Once I check-in (which now appears to be an available option, at T-7 days...I have not checked in yet), will I then be able to choose meal options? Or will that not be available until I'm actually seated on the plane?

Thanks.
Pre-order in-flight meals is only available for flights departing from Korea. So I think if you don't want the special meals, you have to choose it on the plane.
Old May 12, 2024, 1:41 pm

Advice for pescatarian/vegetarian flying KE Prestige class

Hello- I am hoping for some advice from experienced KE flyers as I’ve not flown this airline before.
I am booked in prestige JFK to ICN to BBK.
I eat fish but no other meat.
How does KE do with regard to non pork/beef/chicken options?
if ordering a special meal is the best option, has anyone sampled their veg Korean menu offerings?
much thanks!
Old May 13, 2024, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by S_D_P
Hello- I am hoping for some advice from experienced KE flyers as I’ve not flown this airline before.
I am booked in prestige JFK to ICN to BBK.
I eat fish but no other meat.
How does KE do with regard to non pork/beef/chicken options?
if ordering a special meal is the best option, has anyone sampled their veg Korean menu offerings?
much thanks!
KE has(?) seafood meal options even in economy.
Have to book in advance.

It is actually quite good.
Was baked salmon when i had it.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: krisflyer
Will be taking LA to SIN via incheon soon. What type of snacks is available onboard?
Old Jul 2, 2024, 3:33 pm

ICN - ZRH (KE917), June 2024

Old Aug 3, 2024, 9:04 am

ZRH - ICN (KE918), July 2024

Enjoyed the quality of the catering from ZRH. Better IMO than other European points of departure I have experienced (although I would have replaced the goat cheese amuse-bouche with something else, as there is already cream cheese in the appetizer, and a cheese platter for dessert).

dw, HawaiiO and kijhkijh like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.