Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Awards - Impossible?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2024, 2:21 am
Original Poster

First Class Awards - Impossible?

I transferred 120k points from Chase way back in the day. Still haven't used them but I was curious so played around with different options today.

I don't see any F awards available. Checked both LAX and SFO, nothing, looked in the next few weeks, in the middle, at the very end, and nothing. So are F awards just not possible?
Old Jul 7, 2024, 6:49 am

Pretty much impossible since the government blocked last year the « enhancement » of Skypass, which would have brought F awards from 80K to 120K in low season.

KE now prefers upgrading to F high paying J pax than give awards for most cases. Maybe high status pax stand a chance.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 2:24 am

Morning Calm status (the lowest of elite tiers) members in Korea are reporting success being confirmed from waitlisting in F, but for general members it still seems to be a no-go for now.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2024, 9:45 am

Programs: Korean Air SKYPASS Morning Calm Club, Asiana Club Diamond
Originally Posted by stargold
Morning Calm status (the lowest of elite tiers) members in Korea are reporting success being confirmed from waitlisting in F, but for general members it still seems to be a no-go for now.
Been Morning Calm for 7+ years. I didn't even know that was a thing! I waitlist like crazy when I'm looking for something (usually SFO-ICN-SFO), they usually end up being available but with short notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.