Dayuse.com Hotels Near LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador

I have an 8 hour layover at LAX in July after arriving at TBIT on an international flight before my connecting domestic flight on UA. Has anyone used dayuse.com to book a short-term hotel stay recently near LAX? I have a United Club membership, but they don't have showers, something I really would like after a 10 1/2 hour flight before boarding a 5 1/2 hour connecting flight after a long layover.
Old May 23, 2021, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

A few years ago I just used the Hilton LAX directly for a day room ( got HH points and lounge aceess). Perfectly fine for a day stay.

Regards

TBS
Old May 23, 2021, 5:13 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
No experience with the site referenced; I'd suggest taking a look at the "Office for the Day" rate for the Hyatt LAX or other similar day rate promotions from other hotel chains that may be cheaper than via the site. https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...r-the-day.html
Old May 23, 2021, 9:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I checked the website. No credit card is needed to reserve a room, you pay at the hotel, and cancellations are free. I don't see any downsides to using it.

It lists the available hotels and the rates, so if you are uncomfortable booking through the site, you can always contact the hotels and book directly with them.

All that being said, we have an older thread discussing day rooms near LAX. Some of the information there may still be useful.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-...-thread-3.html
Old May 23, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I have used the site a couple of times and it worked just fine. Some hotels I could not book on the hotel chain's site (Hilton and Hyatt) as a day rate which is why I used it. You can find day rates at Hilton properties by selecting the arrival and departure date as the same day. For Hyatt, you can use the special offer code of "office" to find hotels that have day rates. I like Hyatt as they are typically longer in booking length, often 7am to 7pm. For Marriott, use can use code ZDY for the rate code, I find Marriott the worst at offering reasonable options. You can also just call the hotels as I am sure that is a pretty common request. If you can find a rate that fits your budget at the Hyatt, that would be my first choice. You can walk to it easy enough and not have to deal with shuttles etc. I am assuming that with all the construction that at LAX they haven't blocked the walkway.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Many thanks for the feedback and helpful suggestions. I'm arriving at the TBIT in mid-July and my connecting departure is on United. With an 8 hour layover and Global Entry/TSA PreChek, I was wondering if I'll have enough time to enjoy a day use stay after clearing immigrations and customs at TBIT, getting to and from a hotel, clearing TSA PreChek again at Terminal 7, and Hawaii-bound traveler pre-screening on a Saturday evening?

I flew out of HNL last week and the TSA PreChek line there was horrendous. I had another long layover at SFO, but the TSA PreChek line there moved quite fast, but that was in the International Terminal in the morning. I don't think I'll be that lucky at LAX.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auandagbug
Many thanks for the feedback and helpful suggestions. I'm arriving at the TBIT in mid-July and my connecting departure is on United. With an 8 hour layover and Global Entry/TSA PreChek, I was wondering if I'll have enough time to enjoy a day use stay after clearing immigrations and customs at TBIT, getting to and from a hotel, clearing TSA PreChek again at Terminal 7, and Hawaii-bound traveler pre-screening on a Saturday evening?

I flew out of HNL last week and the TSA PreChek line there was horrendous. I had another long layover at SFO, but the TSA PreChek line there moved quite fast, but that was in the International Terminal in the morning. I don't think I'll be that lucky at LAX.
I haven't flown out of T7 in a long time, but even pre-pandemic precheck there was always pretty quick. I've been flying out of T6 regularly, generally weekday evenings, and the precheck lines have been pretty short. The biggest slowdown seems to be that there's always someone who forgot how to go through the checkpoint. You can also go through security anywhere from TBIT through T7 - all the terminals on the south side of the airport are connected airside, and it's not a bad walk airside from 6 to 7. Saturday evening is generally off-peak - Thursday and Friday tend to be busier with people leaving town for the weekend, and Sunday with people headed back to wherever they're visiting from.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisl137
I haven't flown out of T7 in a long time, but even pre-pandemic precheck there was always pretty quick. I've been flying out of T6 regularly, generally weekday evenings, and the precheck lines have been pretty short. The biggest slowdown seems to be that there's always someone who forgot how to go through the checkpoint. You can also go through security anywhere from TBIT through T7 - all the terminals on the south side of the airport are connected airside, and it's not a bad walk airside from 6 to 7. Saturday evening is generally off-peak - Thursday and Friday tend to be busier with people leaving town for the weekend, and Sunday with people headed back to wherever they're visiting from.
Thanks to all for the useful feedback. As FlyinHawaiian suggested, a day stay at the LAX Hyatt Regency might be the best deal with easy access back to T7. I don't fly through LAX as often as I used to, but I have previously flown from all of the southside terminals before they completion of the airside inter-terminal connector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.