Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Los Angeles
Reload this Page >

Best Hotel Pool in the Los Angeles area?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hotel Pool in the Los Angeles area?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021 | 2:14 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

LA is pool weather all year round. Might it be cool, and possibly even rainy? Sure. But it's just as likely to be a perfect day. The main question that time of year is whether you're willing to pay to heat the pool, and all of the nicer places will.

The Beverly Hills Hotel and Hotel Bel Air are the best of the classic, larger, hotel pools. Chateau Marmont isn't quite as plush but it's one of my favorites - always quiet. I'm sure the pools at many of the new hotels along Sunset and the like are nice, but they're also likely to be much smaller.

Agreed that the beach hotels are more likely to be iffy when it comes to weather vs. a pool that's more inland.
Old Jun 14, 2021 | 11:07 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
April is not pool weather for us weak locals but OP is from Dublin... 15C and sunny is shorts and pool time

Do agree with what's been noted so far... April is going to be gloomy by the coast so Santa Monica is not a good choice if you want lots of pool time. A kind of out of place location but a very nice hotel and pool is the Four Seasons in Westlake Village. I've only been there for weddings and never stayed overnight but it is a nice property. And it is far enough away from the coast that it is likely to be sunny during most of the day. And if you do want to go to the beach, Malibu coast is 15 minutes away drive down the canyons.

https://www.fourseasons.com/westlakevillage/

ferg01 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021 | 1:47 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by bzcat
April is not pool weather for us weak locals but OP is from Dublin... 15C and sunny is shorts and pool time
It's all relative ! Thanks for that suggestion, the might tick the box too. At least I have the luxury of time before I have to commit!
Old Jun 15, 2021 | 9:59 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Curbed LA has a good list. Many have already been mentioned but also several West Hollywood and Downtown ones covered as well.

Agree Santa Monica weather is too unpredictable for April. Personally I always think of the West Hollywood pools as the place to be with their heights (both in terms of good weather/temp/sun and the views) but they are also more of a scene - and OP wants quiet.
Old Jun 21, 2021 | 4:55 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ferg01
Hi all,

Recommendations would be welcome please...looking for something (which hopefully exists) that gets sun all day and is quiet. Most of the pools I see on Hotels.com are small and shaded. I've had FT recommendations for elsewhere in the past and they've always been spot on. Ideally it would be located in an area with decent lunch / dinner / drinks close to the hotel.

Some contenders (comments most welcome):
1) Four Seasons Beverly Hills
2) JW Marriott Santa Monica
3) The London Beverly Hills
4) Hyatt Regency Long Beach
For #4, I think you meant Hyatt Regency Resort Huntington Beach right? Because the pool at Hyatt Long Beach looks small. I don't think it is too much bigger than the pool at my house. I think most of the LA hotel pools are heated, so April's cooler temperature is not a problem. I would recommend Hilton or Hyatt at Huntington Beach. If you get bored at the pool, there is the beach!
Old Jun 30, 2021 | 3:22 pm
Original Poster
10 Years on Site

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by Need
For #4, I think you meant Hyatt Regency Resort Huntington Beach right?
Hi there. Yes, it took me a while to check but I meant Huntington Beach alright...

I think I'm going to wait until much closer to the date and take my chances with what's available. Regardless of where I end up, I'm pretty sure it'll be warmer than where I am now.

Last edited by ferg01; Jun 30, 2021 at 3:23 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.