Wiki Posts
Search

Longhaul cash upgrades to LH E/C/F [upto 6 weeks in advance]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:02 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If the flight is operated under a LH flight number by EN the fixed cash upgrade is available, but bidding is not available. LH op by CL both is available. EN flight number with LH codeshare doesn't allow fixed price upgrades.
Thanks. I am talking about AAR-MUC: If I understand you correctly:
EN8351 - no fixed price upgrade possible
LH(EN)9571 -fixed price upgrade possible

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No, if its eg LH1927 (op on wet lease by EN) you can do fixed price upgrade. LH9571 (codeshare, op by EN) you cannot.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 1:03 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
No, if its eg LH1927 (op on wet lease by EN) you can do fixed price upgrade. LH9571 (codeshare, op by EN) you cannot.
Thanks so much for the clarification. In this case I will fly out of BLL rather than our of AAR.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:11 am

has anyone recent data about fixed price upgrade prices on route FRA-JFK/EWR or EWR/JFK-FRA? from economy to PE e.g.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:22 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I just booked a trip to Cancun Mexico: ZRH-FRA-CUN with the longer leg on LH514. Until a few days ago, I had a MyOffer bid option, starting at 580 (EUR I think, can't remember for sure) but now, the bidding option is gone, but i have a fixed price option to upgrade the LH514 leg for CHF 619.

What's the idea between the MyOffer bid and the fixed price upgrade? will they swap the option again? not that it matters too much, I'd rather actually pay the fixed CHF 619 than bid for just a bit less but not securing the upgrade.
I'm just not too sure about the biz class on their A340. I would have loved a cheaper option to just upgrade to PE....
Old Sep 8, 2021, 6:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Myoffer and fixed cash upgrades are two separate programs. The fixed price upgrade will change your reservation immediately, my offer only happens 3 days before departure. If 619CHF suits you I would secure the upgrade now. You can call in and ask what a fixed price upgrade to PE costs, the call center can check.
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Another data point: FRA-SIN (mid Nov, VTL flight) from P to F: 3500 EUR. I think this is the highest amount I saw so far.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 4:41 pm

will fly Vie-Fra-Mex, booked on LH (vie-fra Y / fra-mex N)

fixed upgrade offers Y->P 29€ (anyone knows how much is or might be Y->Z? 39€/49€? guessing…)

N->P 419€. 14 days until fly. Is this offer good when compare with your data? anyone has flown fra-mex recently? There is probably another 30% discount for fixed price upgrades.

anyone has data about upgrade price at airport for this one?

EDIT: not possible to upgrade online, an error occurred: The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)

EDIT2: called LH call center, and P is not available anymore now VIE-FRA in D (cca 150€ for upgrade) and FRA-MEX in Z (699€)

EDIT3: and the last one Upgraded to Z for 699€, then it was possible to upgrade to P for 29€, taken. Lesson learnt

Last edited by romans; Sep 11, 2021 at 5:45 am
Old Sep 24, 2021, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by romans
will fly Vie-Fra-Mex, booked on LH (vie-fra Y / fra-mex N)

fixed upgrade offers Y->P 29€ (anyone knows how much is or might be Y->Z? 39€/49€? guessing…)

N->P 419€. 14 days until fly. Is this offer good when compare with your data? anyone has flown fra-mex recently? There is probably another 30% discount for fixed price upgrades.

anyone has data about upgrade price at airport for this one?

EDIT: not possible to upgrade online, an error occurred: The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)

EDIT2: called LH call center, and P is not available anymore now VIE-FRA in D (cca 150€ for upgrade) and FRA-MEX in Z (699€)

EDIT3: and the last one Upgraded to Z for 699€, then it was possible to upgrade to P for 29€, taken. Lesson learnt
Need to add some more data points: I had the same ticket PE "Y" on VIE-FRA (LH1233) & "N" on FRA-MEX (LH498). I accidentally upgraded VIE-FRA with 10 000 M&M points, which actually gave me 2x32KG checked baggage for whole route and one of my checked baggage had 30kg so all good. On route FRA-MEX, during online check-in I received offer for upgrade to C for 389EUR, which was not bad price at all but I denied that time. After that did not appear anymore.

Prices at the gate were E->C 749EUR, Y->C 949EUR, which were quite a lot I also denied. But in the end during boarding process I ended in biz (OPUP - they had prepared new BP for me, PE cabin was totally full afaik, biz cabin half empty) got seat 83H, my fiancée had 83K. and this is for me one big unknown, how they know we are together? Since different booking class references. Maybe because our M&M accounts are linked (pool). Just really curious about this and ofc really happy for this OPUP. Bless you Lufthansa
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Fixed price upgrade offers found on LH.com today:

I think I better use my evouchers...
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:30 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
GRU EUR 699 from P to A, fixed orice

Fixed price upgrade offers found on LH.com today:
I think I better use my evouchers...
Looks like they are actively promoting such fixed price upgrades.

For a dirty cheap P class flight to SCL via BOG, not only I got rerouted via GRU and "upgraded" into D (= double status miles - nice but not needed as lifetime SEN), but also received an offer for an upgrade into first (A) for EUR 699 (for a 12 hours flight, much cheaper than your shorter DEL flight).

Where is the logic ?
Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
I got the offer C->A for FRA-SFO in December at €1,200. The MyOffer minimum bid is at $780.

Not that I'm interested either way, as my two-hour connection prevents me from using the FCT, but maybe a useful data point for someone else.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So I have offers on a SFO-FRA-SFO trip coming up (Eco K to Business) for $729 each way, I am trying to accept both but getting the following error message:
"The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)"

But if I close the page and go to the upgrade options, the offers are still there but the error message persists.
Any tips?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
So I have offers on a SFO-FRA-SFO trip coming up (Eco K to Business) for $729 each way, I am trying to accept both but getting the following error message:
"The current booking situation required a recalculation of upgrade availabilities. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer you an upgrade for a fixed price. We kindly ask for your understanding. You may try to request an upgrade at a later point in time again. (119308)"

But if I close the page and go to the upgrade options, the offers are still there but the error message persists.
Any tips?
from my experiences that booking class/offer is not available anymore but more there is issue because you have x-y-z booking, 2 segments under one flight and this causes this error. try to call Lh and sort it but most probably you will get answer that upgrade price is not current anymore
Old Nov 10, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by romans
from my experiences that booking class/offer is not available anymore but more there is issue because you have x-y-z booking, 2 segments under one flight and this causes this error. try to call Lh and sort it but most probably you will get answer that upgrade price is not current anymore
Thanks, will give them a call tomorrow. BTW, what do you mean by x-y-z booking and 2 segments under one flight?
If the actual upgrade price jumps too much, I will just cancel the entire ticket. It was just cheaper to book eco and upgrade to J instead of booking the flights in J from the start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.