Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage calculation on LX/LH

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Mileage calculation on LX/LH

Hey guys, does anyone of you know how miles calculation works with SWISS/Lufthansa? It seems like there is a mileage calculation function into the Miles&More App which I tried to use several times but I keep getting an error message. Both SWISS & Lufthansa call centers were also not able to support. I need to keep my Gold status and currently looking for the best flights combinations in terms of miles accrual. Thanks to whoever can help.
Old May 3, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, AF Silver
For status miles just use Great Circle Mapper and multiply the miles by the multiple associated with your booking class.

Old May 4, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by fil_87
Hey guys, does anyone of you know how miles calculation works with SWISS/Lufthansa? It seems like there is a mileage calculation function into the Miles&More App which I tried to use several times but I keep getting an error message. Both SWISS & Lufthansa call centers were also not able to support. I need to keep my Gold status and currently looking for the best flights combinations in terms of miles accrual. Thanks to whoever can help.
do not use LX flight number.
it actually doesnt matter the actual flight number.
Only airline, route and booking class is what counts for calculation.
I use it by entering all flights as LH123 and also ticket issuing airline LH and it works great i mean gives also correct results for actual LX flights.
There is just some bug in the app. As lot if them on the current M&M web
Old May 4, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

It worked, thanks for the tip!
Old May 7, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
I have a similar question. How can I calculate the Mile&More reward miles for a StarAlliance RTW ticket on Air Newzealand ticket stock. Flights are on LH, NZ and UA. I tired the app but I struggle with the entry of the correct data.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by flyingfkb
I have a similar question. How can I calculate the Mile&More reward miles for a StarAlliance RTW ticket on Air Newzealand ticket stock. Flights are on LH, NZ and UA. I tired the app but I struggle with the entry of the correct data.
I do not think that app is able to calculate it for NZ etc at all.

I think better use Mileage Calculator - WebFlyer :: The Frequent Flyer Authority
And from Miles&more just find the multiple factors for airlines and booking classes.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:19 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Hello
do you know if miles are calculated on the shortest route or on the effectively flown route ? As an exemple LX161 from Tokyo to Zurich does not flight anymore over Russia (shortest route) but over Alaska and Groenland adding some 3 hous additional flight time and some 3000km more?
thanx
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:03 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
The Grand Circle distance counts, the route / distance actually flown is irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.