Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: vaccination/test requirements for WAW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fifty_two

Yeah , the boarder agents in charge of controling covid docs are based upstairs after passport control , right before the stairs to go to departure or luggage delivery
That's Schengen arrivals where its just a check of your Covid docs. Non-Schengen pax flow doesn't mix with Schengen like you describe, because they need to go through security for transfers whereas Schengen arrivals have a cursory check and then can join the main departures area with no additional security check.

For non-Schengen it's all at the same time, in the booth or using eGates immediate checked on a cursory glance. There is no secondary check after you go through the border. They check the Corona documents at the same time as your passport and the same SG are the ones who enter your name into the national quarantine if needs be. Covid passes are checked with a supermarket style barcode scanner in those booths vs sporadic enforcement using mobile devices for Schengen arrivals. Then you can proceed to arrivals or connections, which is at the back of arrivals now.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:13 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Originally Posted by hugolover
That's Schengen arrivals where its just a check of your Covid docs. Non-Schengen pax flow doesn't mix with Schengen like you describe, because they need to go through security for transfers whereas Schengen arrivals have a cursory check and then can join the main departures area with no additional security check.
Oh yes , right , my brain just mixed both cause i do 2/3 of my arrivals from schengen and it became a routine for me
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:03 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
As expected - a total mess in WAW:

Link in Polish (Chrome can be used to translate): https://www.fly4free.pl/dlugie-kolej...m_medium=daily

As a result a change is planned: one will be able to be tested within 3 hours of arrival at any post-Immigration testing points (that should be still within the airport vicinity). If negative, the testing Company will update your file and you will be exempt from the quarantine (fingers crossed).
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:25 am

it is 24h since reciving results which makes it easier.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:55 pm
yrp

I am curious about the requirements for Schengen vs non-Schengen -- just for curiousity, have decided not to go given the covid numbers.

If I travel from Canada to Warsaw, a test is clearly required. Non-schengen arrival.

If I connect from Canada in Frankfurt to Warsaw, no test is required, based on the english version of the rules. But is that really correct, or is it based on where you've been in the last few days?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by yrp
I am curious about the requirements for Schengen vs non-Schengen -- just for curiousity, have decided not to go given the covid numbers.

If I travel from Canada to Warsaw, a test is clearly required. Non-schengen arrival.

If I connect from Canada in Frankfurt to Warsaw, no test is required, based on the english version of the rules. But is that really correct, or is it based on where you've been in the last few days?
When you land from Frankfurt at Warsaw, you'll be treated as Schengen arrival.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:54 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by yrp
I
There will be a COVID certificate check before baggage claim.

Don't show your passport, don't show your B/Pass, just show your double/triple vaccinations certificate
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:21 am
yrp

Originally Posted by megaloman
When you land from Frankfurt at Warsaw, you'll be treated as Schengen arrival.
Ok, that is how the rules seemed to read.

It seems like a loophole in the system. Germany doesnt require a test for transit passengers, as far as I know. Oh well.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:58 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by yrp
Ok, that is how the rules seemed to read.

It seems like a loophole in the system. Germany doesnt require a test for transit passengers, as far as I know. Oh well.
Apparently this loophole has been closed today. Sorry, text is in German.

+++ Bund verschrft Corona-Einreiseregeln aus Virusvariantengebiet +++
16.25 Uhr: Wegen der Ausbreitung der hoch ansteckenden Omikron-Variante des Coronavirus hat die Bundesregierung die Einreiseregeln aus Virusvariantengebieten verschrft. Wer aus einem solchen Gebiet nach Deutschland einreist, braucht knftig einen negativen PCR-Test. Das teilte die Regierung nach einem Beschluss des Kabinetts mit. Nachweis- und Testpflichten gelten mit der nderung der Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung demnchst fr alle ab einem Alter von sechs Jahren.Zuvor hatten sich die Gesundheitsministerinnen und -minister der Lnder fr die nderungen ausgesprochen, um die Ausbreitung von Omikron so lange wie mglich zu verhindern und zu verlangsamen, damit sich noch mehr Menschen impfen lassen knnen. Virusvariantengebiete sind derzeit verschiedenen Lnder des sdlichen Afrikas sowie seit Montag auch Grobritannien.

Verschrfte Schutzvorkehrungen sollen laut Verordnung dazu beitragen, dass Infektionen frhzeitig vor der Einreise entdeckt werden. Die PCR-Testverpflichtung besteht auch fr Reisende, die nur auf der Durchreise einen Stopp in Deutschland machen.

Der PCR-Test darf bei Einreise nicht lter als 48 Stunden sein, wenn man eigenstndig einreist. Kommt man mit Flugzeug, Fhre, Busunternehmen oder Bahn, darf der Test nicht lter als 48 Stunden ab Beginn der Befrderung sein. Da nun auch fr Kinder ab fnf Jahren die Mglichkeit zur Schutzimpfung gegen Covid-19 bestehe, werde die Altersgrenze fr die Nachweispflicht von derzeit zwlf Jahren auf sechs Jahre abgesenkt.
https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/...8-d8d4b1a1d15b
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: LH SEN, IB+ Gold, HH Diamond, IHG AMB Plat
USA and Canada are not yet on the German list of areas of variants of concern, only UK is. So a flight from Canada connecting at FRA to WAW bypasses PCR requirement, as of now.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 11:03 pm

Programs: 1K
If I read through the thread correctly, is it true that a pre-flight EMed/Abbott BinaxNow Navica self-administered, supervised, within 24h antigen negative printed test result, plus a CDC vaccination card, will get me out of the quarantine requirement when coming into Schengen/Poland at WAW from a LOT flight from ORD? Anyone recently crossing the border from the US?
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by havall
If I read through the thread correctly, is it true that a pre-flight EMed/Abbott BinaxNow Navica self-administered, supervised, within 24h antigen negative printed test result, plus a CDC vaccination card, will get me out of the quarantine requirement when coming into Schengen/Poland at WAW from a LOT flight from ORD? Anyone recently crossing the border from the US?
CDC vaccination card should be accepted, yes.

Be aware that you need to take the test within 24h of arriving in Poland, so check your times. If you're unable to get the test done within required timeframe, you should be able to get a test done before immigration or at the luggage hall, or at arrivals landisde (next to the entrance to the train station) - there was an update which requires a test to be done no earlier than 24h of crossing the border, or no later than 3h after - the testing spot next to the train station is open 24/7.

In my experience (used passport e-gates), both test and covid certificate were just glanced on - the immigration officer for non-EU passport holders may be a little bit stricter in checking timings etc.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 4:55 am

Programs: 1K
Originally Posted by megaloman
CDC vaccination card should be accepted, yes.

Be aware that you need to take the test within 24h of arriving in Poland, so check your times. If you're unable to get the test done within required timeframe, you should be able to get a test done before immigration or at the luggage hall, or at arrivals landisde (next to the entrance to the train station) - there was an update which requires a test to be done no earlier than 24h of crossing the border, or no later than 3h after - the testing spot next to the train station is open 24/7.
Thank you. I'll take a rapid antigen test just a few hours before departure on the direct ORD-WAW so the 24h requirement should not be an issue (knock on dead wood), but it's good to know that WAW testing facilities are there just in case.

Probably not the right thread, but do you happen to know if the CDC vaccination card can be used to register vaccinations in Poland? I was able to do it in South Korea with the caveat that I was issued a formally-looking paper certificate, but was not eligible to use the local vaccine passport app. Still, it saved a lot of time relative to trying to convince people that the low-tech CDC card proves anything.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by havall
Probably not the right thread, but do you happen to know if the CDC vaccination card can be used to register vaccinations in Poland? I was able to do it in South Korea with the caveat that I was issued a formally-looking paper certificate, but was not eligible to use the local vaccine passport app. Still, it saved a lot of time relative to trying to convince people that the low-tech CDC card proves anything.
Not aware of such service in Poland - if you could get any other EU country to issue you with one on-line, that should work in Poland too (I think France did it). By law all places should allow unvaccinated people too, just at reduced number (max 30% of capacity) - so vaccine proof may not be required for your visits - depends where you go. Some part of Poland don't check vaccine certificates at all - in Zakopane no one wears a mask, no one checks vaccine certificates, nor capacity restrictions...
MichalB likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: LH Sen
DELETE

Please delete
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by ukiechris; Jan 16, 2022 at 5:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.