Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Airlines new alcohol policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017 | 4:46 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by endet
I read a review and they mentioned that this flight has alcohol on board due to being high profile.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ess-class-737/
I flew KUL - DPS / DPS - KUL two weeks ago and it was exactly how Lucky (One Mile at a Time) described it in his review.
Old Jan 31, 2017 | 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by endet
I read a review and they mentioned that this flight has alcohol on board due to being high profile.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...ess-class-737/
Having flown and still fly Malaysia Airlines for about 30 years, my comments on your review:

1-Never ever heard music being played after take off. EVER. The whole reason not to play music is in the event of an emergency during take off, the cabin crew can be heard. Elevator music?

2-There has always been curtains on ALL aircraft in asia separating business from economy. I have to question how often you actually fly on aircraft because your comments are absolutely bizzare to say the least.

"...curtain was drawn between the cabin and the galley (while I’m used to curtains on widebody planes, there’s still something I find sort of funny about them on narrowbody planes"

3-"Overall I was impressed by the service and unimpressed by the food. The crew was friendly and attentive, though everything being served on one tray was a bit disappointing. Though perhaps the bigger issue was that the main really wasn’t good."

Are you unimpressed by the taste of the food or what? Or are you unimpressed that they served everything on one tray. Hang on, this is an narrow body aircraft. You usually fly widebody aircraft.

What were you expecting?

Wierd review from an equally wierd blogger.
Old Feb 1, 2017 | 1:46 am

GALLEY ( the kitchen in the aircraft, for those who needto know) curtains do not "divide" cabins. I suppose you havent ever flown anything else apart from MH Y to know the difference.
Old Feb 1, 2017 | 11:56 pm
30 Countries Visited1M40 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by CommentouComm
GALLEY ( the kitchen in the aircraft, for those who needto know) curtains do not "divide" cabins. I suppose you havent ever flown anything else apart from MH Y to know the difference.
Come on people.. this is just uncalled for.

And curtains do divide seconds, including cabins and on some flights galleys.

Globalist
Old Feb 2, 2017 | 1:05 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by wolf72
2-There has always been curtains on ALL aircraft in asia separating business from economy. I have to question how often you actually fly on aircraft because your comments are absolutely bizzare to say the least.

"...curtain was drawn between the cabin and the galley (while I’m used to curtains on widebody planes, there’s still something I find sort of funny about them on narrowbody planes"
I'm not sure why you needed to twist his words. He was clearly referring to the curtain between the forward galley and the J cabin, NOT the one between J and Y.

Originally Posted by wolf72
3-"Overall I was impressed by the service and unimpressed by the food. The crew was friendly and attentive, though everything being served on one tray was a bit disappointing. Though perhaps the bigger issue was that the main really wasn’t good."

Are you unimpressed by the taste of the food or what? Or are you unimpressed that they served everything on one tray. Hang on, this is an narrow body aircraft. You usually fly widebody aircraft.

What were you expecting?

Wierd review from an equally wierd blogger.
Again, I really don't see what the issue is here. He found the main course to be underwhelming, and he found the one-tray service to be disappointing for a 2.5hr international flight.

For someone who claims to be a veteran traveler, you should probably know there's little correlation between the aircraft type and how elaborate the meal is. If you think traveling in a narrowbody automatically means getting a single-tray meal then you need to take a good hard look at your last 30 years of flying.

Just because you didn't understand, or chose not to understand those simple sentences, doesn't mean you should go around accusing others of being "wierd".
Old Feb 2, 2017 | 2:27 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Globalist
Come on people.. this is just uncalled for.
All, just reiterating what Globalist said. Let'a stay on topic, the new alcohol policy MH is implementing, particularly as it affects J class passengers.

I enjoyed the Baileys I had on the AKL-KUL flight recently, yum! ^
Old Feb 8, 2017 | 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I'm not sure why you needed to twist his words. He was clearly referring to the curtain between the forward galley and the J cabin, NOT the one between J and Y.

Again, I really don't see what the issue is here. He found the main course to be underwhelming, and he found the one-tray service to be disappointing for a 2.5hr international flight.

For someone who claims to be a veteran traveler, you should probably know there's little correlation between the aircraft type and how elaborate the meal is. If you think traveling in a narrowbody automatically means getting a single-tray meal then you need to take a good hard look at your last 30 years of flying.

Just because you didn't understand, or chose not to understand those simple sentences, doesn't mean you should go around accusing others of being "wierd".
I think the problem lies with you. Take a good hard look at your own expectations and stop telling us how to travel. If you want to go point by point, no worries, I don't mind:

-Closing the curtain after take off between the forward galley and business class. What is the issue here. What great view is he scared of? The toilet~? The crew cockpit door? It is opened so it is easier for the crew to carry out meals and drinks to serve. The curtain is drawn usually later once everything has been served and even then, not always. So, what is the problem?

-Meals served on a single tray on the 737: YES! It is served on a single tray. And, what actually is the problem? Have you actually seen the serving at all before commenting? There is simply NO NEED for two separate trays or two separate meal servings the way they do on the wide body aircraft.

Last edited by wolf72; Feb 8, 2017 at 12:48 am
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 1:52 pm
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Just to circle back: I did fly MH851 on Feb 2nd and there was alcohol available on the flight. It was not listed in the menu so I asked the FA if they had any wine onboard and she said yes. Had a couple of glasses of white wine on the way down to Bali. All in all, a really nice service considering it's a 3 hour hop on a B-738. Only craziness was caused by a family of TWELVE people (yup - 12!) all in F on the way down to Bali - mom, dad, kids, uncle and grandparents. Thought it would be a cluster but crew was great with them - and actually paid a bit more attention to those of us not with the family so we didn't get lost in the shuffle!
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 3:29 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Anyone has experience with KUL-TWU? The flight is 2 hour 50 minutes and also a domestic one.
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 4:09 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: RJ Platinum, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Anyone has experience with KUL-TWU? The flight is 2 hour 50 minutes and also a domestic one.
MH domestic does not have alcohol.
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
MH domestic does not have alcohol.
I'm guessing that extends to the domestic lounge (if there is one) at KUL...??...
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 5:05 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'm guessing that extends to the domestic lounge (if there is one) at KUL...??...
There is a domestic lounge in KUL. Same applies to all MH domestic lounges in Malaysian regions.
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
There is a domestic lounge in KUL. Same applies to all MH domestic lounges in Malaysian regions.
Somehow I find the absence of alcohol in a Malaysia domestic lounge more understandable than in Thai domestic lounges.

/shrug
Old Feb 13, 2017 | 7:21 pm
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Somehow I find the absence of alcohol in a Malaysia domestic lounge more understandable than in Thai domestic lounges.

/shrug
I guess there are not that many of them left.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malay...l#post27905588
Old Feb 14, 2017 | 10:26 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Platinum, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
For me, lounges are about three things:

1. Free alcohol before your flight
2. Free food (decent food, suitable for a meal) before your flight
3. A nice area to sit/wait before your flight

Those lounges that don't supply (1) and (2) are primarily fuelling the sense of privilege that some travellers have. And there are many lounges that fulfil this traveller demand.

I find the regional lounge at KLIA to be their best lounge as it fulfils all three requirements perfectly and better than the larger Golden Lounge at the satellite terminal. So much so that the withdrawal of alcohol on regional flights is not so much an issue for me. I just want a quick nap by that point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.