Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Green Dot MoneyPak

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014 | 9:06 am

They promised to get back to me by email a week ago, still nothing from them. Anyone have a direct number to greendot or moneypak?
Old May 1, 2014 | 4:26 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by cparrish
Well, let me see. Loaded one MP to Serve earlier this evening. One to HRB yesterday. One to AN on the 20th. One to a different HRB on the 17th, one to a different AN on the 13th and so on. This is how I spread them out and don't seem, so far, to have a problem. I also do spend on all of them, usually try for once a week or ten days. Hope this helps.
I posted this in the SERVE thread to see if anyone had an answer

4/16 $500
4/17 $500
4/24 $500
4/30 $500 x2
5/01 $500 x2 .. first one went through, second one later in the day was denied

that was my dealing with MP & serve before I got the error today. I tried loading it onto the wife's serve, but also was denied, most likely due to cookies. Sadly, this was the first load I tried without being incognito.

I will probably lay off the MPs for a while and do OVs @ WM, but the convenience of having a RA that accepts CC across the street from work was fantastic. Too bad VRs are dead
Old May 1, 2014 | 6:14 pm

Got my refund check today including the fee. It was nice while it lasted, thank God I can load Serve at Walmart.
Old May 2, 2014 | 11:29 am

Originally Posted by mimixbox
They promised to get back to me by email a week ago, still nothing from them. Anyone have a direct number to greendot or moneypak?
626-765-2000 option 2, that's how I got my $0 MP (purchased for $500 at a RA) loaded to an Emerald a day later. You have to give them receipt details, the prepaid card # you want to load it to, and fax them copies of the receipt and MP then hope they load the money to your card.

Big pain in the ....

Don't bother with filing a claim on the website btw.
Old May 12, 2014 | 8:51 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

For those who have the $0 balance problem, getting blocked by GD because they don't want to load to you preferred reload card, or whatever - I just got a MP refunded and it was surprisingly quick. I put in the request on 5/5 and I got the check on 5/9 or 10 (I was out of town so I don't know exactly which day it arrived.) This isn't a good way to liquidate MPs in the long term, but after I sent off that refund request into the void I had very little confidence that I'd get the money back quickly. Pleasantly surprised (though still annoyed that GD won't let me load my reload card for some reason!)
Old May 17, 2014 | 10:18 pm

Just a thought for those who have had their Serve account no longer being able to be loaded with a MP try "losing" your Serve card and they should issue you a new one with a different number.

Other thought is can't you set up a subaccount and then use the MP to load the subaccount and then "reclaim" the funds from that account to yours?

Last edited by Bgladiator99; May 17, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Old May 18, 2014 | 12:58 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by crimson12
For those who have the $0 balance problem, getting blocked by GD because they don't want to load to you preferred reload card, or whatever - I just got a MP refunded and it was surprisingly quick. I put in the request on 5/5 and I got the check on 5/9 or 10 (I was out of town so I don't know exactly which day it arrived.) This isn't a good way to liquidate MPs in the long term, but after I sent off that refund request into the void I had very little confidence that I'd get the money back quickly. Pleasantly surprised (though still annoyed that GD won't let me load my reload card for some reason!)
really? wow... GD has been giving me the runaround for over 3 weeks now. and they said they need 5 more biz days to get thru what they need to do before they get back to me.

edit:// and prob resolved hallelujah

Last edited by FTR 787; May 21, 2014 at 3:02 pm
Old May 22, 2014 | 12:11 am

I finally switched to Serve this month from BB since I have a RA with MP using CC nearby. I used to hit GD hard back when MP's were $0 fee. Anyway, I think after 3-4 months, GD shut me down. I was also loading MP to PP and can still do that to this day. I also just loaded MP to my new Serve just fine (2x$500). So I don't think they ban you across all of their products. I think they just ban loads to a certain cc #.

As for cookies, I was trying to load up my mom's PP debit MC using MP and it couldn't verify her identity. I think it's because her account is in FL and I bought the MP here in WA. I know I typed all her info correctly. I think they either 1) IP checked or 2) knew that I bought the MP in WA and it made no sense to load it to a person's PP account in FL. Anyway, after the 3rd try, they are going to send her a $500 check.

I think some good tips are - 1) Pretend you are their intended audience - a poor person who lives paycheck to paycheck. No way that type of person can load $5K to a Serve in 5 days. Why don't you load 1K a week like on a Saturday (like you got your McD's paycheck on Friday). 2) Don't load any other person's account using the same IP/device. I use my home PC for my loads, work PC for another card, phone for another, etc. Be smart about it people.
Old May 22, 2014 | 12:42 pm

It's not just that they blacklist CC's, it's also that the idiots will allow RA to 'activate' an MP for $500 then show $0 on the card (so you can't use it) until you answer 50 questions with their horrible CS to get your money.

As swintec said long ago in this thread, you have been warned.
Old May 30, 2014 | 7:12 am

Programs: AA ExP || SPG Plt || Honors Diamond || UA Silver
Is moneypak loading page down? I kept getting "we are unable to process your request, please try again later/in one hour" notice from last night...
Old May 30, 2014 | 4:23 pm

I loaded my Serve this morning around 8am pst using MP just fine.
Old May 31, 2014 | 9:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Cbass98
I think some good tips are - 1) Pretend you are their intended audience - a poor person who lives paycheck to paycheck. No way that type of person can load $5K to a Serve in 5 days. Why don't you load 1K a week like on a Saturday (like you got your McD's paycheck on Friday). 2) Don't load any other person's account using the same IP/device. I use my home PC for my loads, work PC for another card, phone for another, etc. Be smart about it people.
They just aren't as tolerable these days.
Old Jun 6, 2014 | 12:20 pm

i think the curtain is coming down at RA on these. My usual locations with super friendly cashiers cited a policy change from a memo saying it's cash or debit only for all reloadable cards.
Old Jun 6, 2014 | 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by su9062
i think the curtain is coming down at RA on these. My usual locations with super friendly cashiers cited a policy change from a memo saying it's cash or debit only for all reloadable cards.
Yep, I was denied at RA yesterday. Will see if the other RAs in my area have adopted the same policy.
Old Jun 6, 2014 | 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
Originally Posted by su9062
Luckily VGC, MP, AND PP aren't reloadable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.