Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024 | 6:33 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
30 Countries Visited1M80 Nights20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Longboater
Dumb question here. Any indications of what the lounge hours are? Seems the morning fare is decent. What is the evening fare like and when does that run to?
The lounge is open 24/7, but the only food served is on weekday during breakfast between 06:30 am and 10:30 am. On the other hours there is coffee, water and hot water as well as pretzels, apples and granola bars (the later run out quickly). My experience from April.
Old May 5, 2024 | 11:27 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The lounge is open 24/7, but the only food served is on weekday during breakfast between 06:30 am and 10:30 am. On the other hours there is coffee, water and hot water as well as pretzels, apples and granola bars (the later run out quickly). My experience from April.
That is it? Anything else besides coffee/water? Sounds pretty underwhelming to me.
Old May 5, 2024 | 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
30 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The lounge here has always been underwhelming.

Not worth the number of posts it's already sparked.

Last edited by Kacee; May 6, 2024 at 8:37 am
Old May 5, 2024 | 6:48 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Kacee
The lounge here has always been overwhelming.

Not worth the number of posts it's already sparked.
It was an awesome lounge with superb offerings in the past said no one
I see nothings changed 🙃
Old May 6, 2024 | 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
30 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
It was an awesome lounge with superb offerings in the past said no one
I see nothings changed 🙃
Yeah, that was a typo on my part. Nice enough space but the barest possible offerings.

Not really a negative to me, since with Sheraton you can use elite welcome gift for the breakfast.
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Well, I booked this hotel twice. Once at the end of August and another time in September. I will see how it is. Biggest perk is I can walk from the United Terminal at LAX to this hotel without need for a shuttle. Main question is how they handle late check out requests for Elites. As a Marriott Gold, I am allowed a 2 PM checkout at non-resorts. I will be needing a late checkout both times as my flights ex-LAX leave 4:55 PM and 4:33 PM respectively. I saw they charge for late check-outs but no indication if that is applicable to Elites, which it should not.

Last edited by Longboater; Jul 6, 2024 at 1:27 pm
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 4:08 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I’ve stayed here a number of time and been proactive asked if I needed a late check-out when checking in so it shouldn’t be a problem.
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 6:50 pm
40 Countries Visited100k100 Nights

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I’ve stayed here a number of time and been proactive asked if I needed a late check-out when checking in so it shouldn’t be a problem.
+1 - stayed here several times and they have always offered 4 PM to me at check-in. I would assume they would offer 2 PM for Golds. They will offer paid check-out to others as I have heard at the desk. This really isn't a hotel that has an issue with Elite benefits.
Flyerholic, Kacee and nexus7556 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 8:21 pm
10 Countries Visited100k100 Nights

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Lounge offering late last month:

Old Jul 6, 2024 | 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by nexus7556
Lounge offering late last month:
No hot options except for breakfast I assume?
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 3:53 am
15 Years on Site

They really need to up their lounge game especially compared to how the Westin LAX has gone above and beyond IMO.
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 6:56 am

Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
They really need to up their lounge game especially compared to how the Westin LAX has gone above and beyond IMO.
Big picture, aren't Sheraton lounges usually rather subpar compared to M Clubs?
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 7:07 am
1M15 Years on Site

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E50K SAS Gold NEXUS
Well, I booked this hotel twice. Once at the end of August and another time in September. I will see how it is. Biggest perk is I can walk from the United Terminal at LAX to this hotel without need for a shuttle. Main question is how they handle late check out requests for Elites. As a Marriott Gold, I am allowed a 2 PM checkout at non-resorts. I will be needing a late checkout both times as my flights ex-LAX leave 4:55 PM and 4:33 PM respectively. I saw they charge for late check-outs but no indication if that is applicable to Elites, which it should not.
Do they have sidewalks now that you can walk (safely, a relative term in LA) on? It used to be quite difficult years ago.
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 7:23 am

Originally Posted by atsak
Do they have sidewalks now that you can walk (safely, a relative term in LA) on? It used to be quite difficult years ago.
I have walked from T7 to LAX-It many times and I just checked out the walk between LAX-It and the hotel. Seems fine. One of my flights arrives in the afternoon, so no issue there. Only time I may consider the shuttle is my second night as my flight gets in just before 10 PM. I specifically booked this hotel because of the location as airport shuttles at LAX from my experience are hit or miss. I think the shuttle is every half hour but if its every 15 minutes, might as well use it.
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 11:50 am
15 Years on Site

Big picture, aren't Sheraton lounges usually rather subpar compared to M Clubs?
Probably, but I was comparing with the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.