Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, Miami Beach, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2021, 10:31 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I spent a lot of winters at the Sea View hotel (with my friends David Brinkley and Bob Dole amongst others) in my teens back in the 80s, is the St-Regis the old Sheraton next door?
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I spent a lot of winters at the Sea View hotel (with my friends David Brinkley and Bob Dole amongst others) in my teens back in the 80s, is the St-Regis the old Sheraton next door?
It's the same land as the Sheraton but a completely new structure.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Yeah, I was thinking that I would be offered a suite after the housekeeping issues with my first room, but honestly, I'm glad I got the $100 credit instead (as the only value of the extra space for me would be to take videos of and make my mother jealous).

The buffet was mostly self-serve (all of the tongs were on the guest side, but there were staff members on the hot items who would hold open the lids for you). Of course, the omelet station wasn't self-serve :-)

I didn't notice any bread pudding - as that would definitely be something I would have tried had it been there.
Hah, yes a credit is always nice! Thanks for the info on the buffet - good to see it's opening up a bit more. In April, it was all served by staff and the selection was pretty limited compared to years prior. Sad to hear there is still no bread pudding though...they used to have a white chocolate raspberry bread pudding that was absolutely delicious!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:12 am

what are the room categories that SNA clear into?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:32 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
what are the room categories that SNA clear into?
Highest should be Astor Luxe and then Grand Luxe. A lot of data points in the Ambassador fb group of people getting subsequent upgrades on top of this.

Astor Luxe > Imperial suite > Atlantic suite > Royal suite

However, they are mostly pre covid so ymmv. I did not get a suite earlier in the year.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Highest should be Astor Luxe and then Grand Luxe. A lot of data points in the Ambassador fb group of people getting subsequent upgrades on top of this.

Astor Luxe > Imperial suite > Atlantic suite > Royal suite

However, they are mostly pre covid so ymmv. I did not get a suite earlier in the year.
I received an upgrade to an Imperial Suite without the use of an SNA during the latter part of last year. It was, however, noted with the Ambassador team as my first stay in a Marriott (or any) hotel since the beginning of the pandemic.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by duhe
I received an upgrade to an Imperial Suite without the use of an SNA during the latter part of last year. It was, however, noted with the Ambassador team as my first stay in a Marriott (or any) hotel since the beginning of the pandemic.
That’s awesome. How was the suite? Would it be worth paying for an upgrade if they don’t grant you one?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:01 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
I keep going back and forth between St Regis Bal Harbour and Ritz Carlton SOBE for my next stay. I am concerned about the recent negative reviews of the St Regis...are these just one off anomalies or has the hotel really deteriorated that much?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
That’s awesome. How was the suite? Would it be worth paying for an upgrade if they don’t grant you one?
The suite was fantastic. It features two full balconies overlooking the pool and the beach. Each with some very comfortable seating and sufficient shade conducive to working outdoors.

It was actually a fully stocked living unit, complete with 1.75 bathrooms, full kitchen (stove, full fridge, dishwasher, microwave), and washer/dryer. Easily the nicest complimentary upgrade I’ve ever received. I believe you and I both were granted the Astor Suite in San Francisco and that suite (nice as it may be) doesn’t come close to comparing.

Whether it’s worth the price…I lean yes. A definite yes if I was trying to impress or entertain someone. I was there for almost a week and appreciated feeling as if I was test driving a vacation home.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 10:38 am

The suite was fantastic. It features two full balconies overlooking the pool and the beach. Each with some very comfortable seating and sufficient shade conducive to working outdoors.

It was actually a fully stocked living unit, complete with 1.75 bathrooms, full kitchen (stove, full fridge, dishwasher, microwave), and washer/dryer. Easily the nicest complimentary upgrade I’ve ever received. I believe you and I both were granted the Astor Suite in San Francisco and that suite (nice as it may be) doesn’t come close to comparing.

Whether it’s worth the price…I lean yes. A definite yes if I was trying to impress or entertain someone. I was there for almost a week and appreciated feeling as if I was test driving a vacation home.
Wow… I am returning to Bal Harbour in December and will try my luck at an upgrade. Will purchase the upgrade if the rate is reasonable for my stay. Thx.
duhe likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received an upgrade to an Imperial Suite without the use of an SNA during the latter part of last year........
Congrats on scoring Imperial Suite. Imperial Suite, however, is not SNA eligible.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:02 pm

Apologies if my post created confusion. The post above mine referenced discretionary upgrades beyond the SNA request and I only meant that I did not even put in an official (or unofficial for that matter) suite request and was upgraded anyway.

I do think it had something to do with my return to travel altogether as the Ambassador with whom I spoke was very excited about that fact and I was welcomed back both to Marriott and traveling at the FD at checkin.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:51 pm

Wow… I am returning to Bal Harbour in December and will try my luck at an upgrade. Will purchase the upgrade if the rate is reasonable for my stay. Thx.
FYI, we're going in April and already got an email about a discounted upgrade. The quoted upgrade for the Imperial Suite was $1,600 per night...

They used to be quite generous here with upgrades, but it seems something has changed since COVID. They have been telling people they can't upgrade to any suites that are now in a resident program (?). Imperial Suites aren't in that program, but there are very few (like 3-4, I believe). We received one in April 2021 as Platinum members, but only after our Astor Luxe room (which we used an SNA for), still wasn't ready at 5pm. At that point, we asked to speak to a manager who suddenly found us a true suite, after being told they were sold out and nothing else was available. They definitely play games with inventory :/
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by seegs
I keep going back and forth between St Regis Bal Harbour and Ritz Carlton SOBE for my next stay. I am concerned about the recent negative reviews of the St Regis...are these just one off anomalies or has the hotel really deteriorated that much?
If you've stayed here before, you will notice some differences, for sure. We stayed here in April, and it was still wonderful overall but definitely not at the same level it was pre-COVID. (Examples: breakfast buffet is of lesser quality, no treats by the pool/beach, must pay for umbrella on the beach, limited days for champagne saber, no turndown service, no late check-outs)
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by svo242
If you've stayed here before, you will notice some differences, for sure. We stayed here in April, and it was still wonderful overall but definitely not at the same level it was pre-COVID. (Examples: breakfast buffet is of lesser quality, no treats by the pool/beach, must pay for umbrella on the beach, limited days for champagne saber, no turndown service, no late check-outs)
We will be going there as a family shortly -- we went in November of 2019 (almost immediately pre-pandemic) and had a fantastic time, including a fabulous upgrade. My SNA already cleared into Astor Luxe Room upgrade, but we'll see if there is any additional upgrades after that (which is what happened in 2019).

I'll give a quick trip report on +/- and compare directly to our visit in 2019.

This is our first "major" trip post pandemic as a family....so will see how they handle kids as well.
svo242 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.