Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are AMEX FHR bookings eligible for MR points/nights?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2021, 8:17 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by elijahnole
I prepaid FRH online through Amex Travel and added my MR number to the reservation. I received 5x points and the $200 statement credit. I stayed at the Ballantyne in Charlotte, NC this past weekend and checked out on Sunday (Nov 7th). They made a big deal about being FHR AMEX Platinum member and had a personalized letter for me. They did say to make sure I used an Amex card with my name on it for everything at the hotel. I checked in at the front desk to make sure my MR number was attached to the reservation and it was. I just received all entitled points and elite credit nights today (Thursday, Nov 11) in my Marriott account, to include promotional points. Hope this helps some folks.
Thanks! Good DP.
bizum and elijahnole like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:05 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by elijahnole
I prepaid FRH online through Amex Travel and added my MR number to the reservation. I received 5x points and the $200 statement credit. I stayed at the Ballantyne in Charlotte, NC this past weekend and checked out on Sunday (Nov 7th). They made a big deal about being FHR AMEX Platinum member and had a personalized letter for me. They did say to make sure I used an Amex card with my name on it for everything at the hotel. I checked in at the front desk to make sure my MR number was attached to the reservation and it was. I just received all entitled points and elite credit nights today (Thursday, Nov 11) in my Marriott account, to include promotional points. Hope this helps some folks.
--------
They have to make a big deal of your Amex Plat status with the letter and all. did they go over the letter with you? It is a requirement from Amex for a hotel to be in the FHR program. If we were "shopped" by an AMEX pro and missed all the points we were supposed to make, the hotel would 1)get a warning 2) get a suspension or 3) be dropped. Amex gives an online template for you to make the letters.
If you have your Bonvoy number on your reservation (or add it at arrival), you'll get your points, too.
elijahnole likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Chase UR, MR Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by slidergirl
--------
They have to make a big deal of your Amex Plat status with the letter and all. did they go over the letter with you? It is a requirement from Amex for a hotel to be in the FHR program. If we were "shopped" by an AMEX pro and missed all the points we were supposed to make, the hotel would 1)get a warning 2) get a suspension or 3) be dropped. Amex gives an online template for you to make the letters.
If you have your Bonvoy number on your reservation (or add it at arrival), you'll get your points, too.

Yes, they did.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Anyone whose points didn’t automatically post also have the option for putting SNA requests on the reservation?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:58 am

Why did I receive this email from Marriott stating ineligibility?

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
We apologize for any confusion regarding which stays originating from American Express sources are eligible for points and stay accrual. We hope the following guidance clears up any confusion. American Express operates several hotel reservation services and websites. If you made your reservation directly through the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program or the American Express Hotel Collection, and the hotel is not one of a handful of excluded properties noted below, then your reservation is eligible for accrual. If you made your reservation through any other American Express Travel or any other online travel channel, then your reservation is not eligible for accrual. To clarify our rules as provided in the Marriott Bonvoy Terms and Conditions:

The following reservation types are eligible for accrual in the Marriott Bonvoy program provided that a Qualifying Rate is paid:
• Reservations made directly with Marriott, including Marriott.com, the Marriott Bonvoy app, Marriott engagement centers and on-property
• Reservations made directly with American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts website and call center; Reservations made directly with American Express The Hotel Collection
• Reservations made with corporate negotiated rates and Government negotiated rates booked through authorized corporate-rate and government-rate channels

The following reservation types are not eligible for accrual in the Marriott Bonvoy program
• Reservations made through amextravel.com, travel.americanexpress.com, membershipewards.com, global.americanexpress.com/rewards.
• Reservations made through a tour operator, online travel channel or other third-party channel including, without limitation, expedia.com, hotwire.com, priceline.com, orbitz.com, booking.com, travelocity.com, etc.
• In addition, stays at select properties are never eligible for Marriott Bonvoy accrual even if they are booked through an eligible channel. These include St Regis Residence Club properties, Bulgari Hotels and Resorts, Ritz-Carlton Residences, Ritz-Carlton Reserve properties, and any individual properties listed in section 1.2 of the Marriott Bonvoy Program Terms and Conditions.

If you have been denied stay credit for a reservation that you believe was booked through Fine Hotels and Resorts or the Hotel Collection, please contact American Express to confirm how your reservation was processed by their agents or web service. As a reminder, always ensure that your Marriott Bonvoy account number is included when you make your reservation or verify the number upon checking in at the hotel.
Hello, I am checking in today to The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection hotel, under the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and a prepaid reservation. I received an email from them offering early checkin, but it stated at the bottom, “Please be aware that this reservation is not eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy® reward points or hotel stay credits.” This does not seem correct to me. I would appreciate your coaching on this. I have always received normal Bonvoy points and stay credits for FH&R stays. I am an Ambassador level member, in case that matters. Thank you.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by jeepie
Hello, I am checking in today to The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection hotel, under the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and a prepaid reservation. I received an email from them offering early checkin, but it stated at the bottom, “Please be aware that this reservation is not eligible to earn Marriott Bonvoy® reward points or hotel stay credits.” This does not seem correct to me. I would appreciate your coaching on this. I have always received normal Bonvoy points and stay credits for FH&R stays. I am an Ambassador level member, in case that matters. Thank you.
Looking at posts # 169 and 180, sounds like you should be OK.
jeepie likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Since FHR stays are coming through Expedia now, it's probably bad programming on the property's part - see Expedia, think no points. I bet you'll be fine since FHR is pretty clearly stated as a Qualifying Rate. You could always check to see what rate is listed for the say on the Marriott app - I have an upcoming Ritz stay that is pretty clearly stated as an FHR rate and appeared immediately after I booked through Amex and added my Bonvoy number.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Since FHR stays are coming through Expedia now, it's probably bad programming on the property's part - see Expedia, think no points. I bet you'll be fine since FHR is pretty clearly stated as a Qualifying Rate. You could always check to see what rate is listed for the say on the Marriott app - I have an upcoming Ritz stay that is pretty clearly stated as an FHR rate and appeared immediately after I booked through Amex and added my Bonvoy number.
Thanks, I checked the app and my upgrade already shows. My Ambassador status was acknowledged. I did find “Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts Pay Now” under Reservation Details. I’ll follow up with details after the stay in the interest of keeping folks informed.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jeepie
Thanks, I checked the app and my upgrade already shows. My Ambassador status was acknowledged. I did find Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts [FHR] Pay Now under Reservation Details. I’ll follow up with details after the stay in the interest of keeping folks informed.
This is very useful information. Thank you.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:39 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Similarly, my Ritz stay (done with "Pay at Hotel" due to the lack of a rate difference and the fact I had already used my prepaid credit) says "American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts" as the rate type in the Marriott app.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Similarly, my Ritz stay (done with "Pay at Hotel" due to the lack of a rate difference and the fact I had already used my prepaid credit) says "American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts" as the rate type in the Marriott app.
that's always been the case, no? For pay at hotel stays? Mine have always shown as FHR rate online.

The pre-paid rates seem to have gotten an 'upgrade' recently which is a welcome change indeed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I had a pre-paid FHR stay at the Ritz Philadelphia and the hotel is telling me they can't see what I prepaid, so they can't give me a folio showing the rate amount and therefore can't give me credit or points. Anyone else run into this issue. I've sent an email with my Amex confirmation and folio attached asking for full stay credit, but no response yet.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I had a pre-paid FHR stay at the Ritz Philadelphia and the hotel is telling me they can't see what I prepaid, so they can't give me a folio showing the rate amount and therefore can't give me credit or points. Anyone else run into this issue. I've sent an email with my Amex confirmation and folio attached asking for full stay credit, but no response yet.
That is odd. It's been a while, but I've only had one RC FHR stay not post over the years. I just had to do a missing stay request, sent my Amex receipt over, and got an email back from Marriott a day later with the points. I doubt that was a FHR thing, as it has worked every other time. I chalked it up to bonvoy IT at the time.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by spgplat21
It might happen automatically. Give a few days. I also in the past had to do a 'claim for missing points' and got them w/o issues.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Would an FHR booking also qualify for the current Q1 promo (additional elite night credit + 1k bonus points)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.