Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How to update my MMF form to MMP? New father in law says he can’t without removing me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to update my MMF form to MMP? New father in law says he can’t without removing me

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA

Wondering if any front desk Marriott people can tell me steps to walk my 75 year old new father in law who drives the golf carts at a Marriott timeshare property, how to change my MMF auth form I have had on an off for a few years into the one that can show me as his now official in law so I qualify for MMP?

I’ve asked him couple times over the past few
months and he says he can’t add anymore people he is maxed out and that if tried to edit me I would be “deactivated”… he’s dragging his feet on figuring out with HR and I don’t want to bug him but REALLY would prefer to use the MMP rate for an upcoming boys weekend golf trip next week and save like $200 more bucks… is it possible to “max” out your list of discounted people enrolled like he says and is there a way to edit an existing person and update their relationship without “deactivating” them or removing them and not being able to readd them unless someone else is removed?

thanks in advance

Last edited by flymax77; Jul 8, 2022 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flymax77
Wondering if any front desk Marriott people can tell me steps to walk my 75 year old new father in law who drives the golf carts at a Marriott timeshare property, how to change my MMF auth form I have had on an off for a few years into the one that can show me as his now official in law so I qualify for MMP?

I’ve asked him on and off the past few
months and he says he can’t add anymore people he is maxed out and that if tried to edit me I would be “deactivated”… he’s dragging his feet on figuring out with HR and I don’t want to bug him but REALLY would prefer to use the MMP rate for an upcoming boys weekend golf trip next week and save like $200 more bucks… is it possible to “max” out your list of discounted people enrolled like he says and is there a way to edit an existing person and update their relationship without “deactivating” them or removing them and not being able to readd them unless someone else is removed?

thanks in advance
also wondering in the event i don’t get the proper relationship updated in time - how flexible are front desk folks at a Westin if I bring my original marriage license and present it with my currently valid MMF form and also bring my wife’s valid MMP form ? Seems like that should be legit and reasonable enough for most , as they can look up both our numbers live and make the connection, but I have no idea if there are system constraints or something where they can’t even process it if I don’t have MMP tied to my code… which in that case I would think would they accept a reservation in my wife’s name with her MMP code and then allow me to check in without her being there if I am added to the reservation ahead of time and then also if I bring my valid MMF form AND valid original marriage license?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
also wondering in the event i don’t get the proper relationship updated in time - how flexible are front desk folks at a Westin if I bring my original marriage license and present it with my currently valid MMF form and also bring my wife’s valid MMP form ? Seems like that should be legit and reasonable enough for most , as they can look up both our numbers live and make the connection, but I have no idea if there are system constraints or something where they can’t even process it if I don’t have MMP tied to my code… which in that case I would think would they accept a reservation in my wife’s name with her MMP code and then allow me to check in without her being there if I am added to the reservation ahead of time and then also if I bring my valid MMF form AND valid original marriage license?
I'm confused. Will your wife be staying at the hotel too? Are you reserving only one room (no other guests)?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:24 pm

Have him login to Mhub.Marriott.com
Go to "Explore Discounts" at the bottom
Go to "Actions" pull-down menu on upper right
"Manage Friends & Family"
Edit from there and it should show up immediately when printing the form.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm confused. Will your wife be staying at the hotel too? Are you reserving only one room (no other guests)?
no just me and two friends are staying next weekend at Westin Scottsdale area, boys/golf trip, hence the whole dilemma why I am trying to get my MMF finally updated to MMP so I can get the better rate I now qualify for when staying without her

yes only reserving one room

Last edited by flymax77; Jul 8, 2022 at 1:52 pm Reason: Answer second part
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:41 pm

no just me and two friends are staying next weekend at Westin Scottsdale area, boys/golf trip, hence the whole dilemma why I am trying to get my MMF finally updated to MMP so I can get the better rate I now qualify for when staying without her
Just because you qualify for the MMP rate doesn't necessarily mean the property will release that rate on the dates you want to go. Check often and by 1 day at a time making multiple reservations if necessary.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phreal
Just because you qualify for the MMP rate doesn't necessarily mean the property will release that rate on the dates you want to go. Check often and by 1 day at a time making multiple reservations if necessary.
thanks yes it’s avail for both mmp and Mmf
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Have him login to Mhub.Marriott.com
Go to "Explore Discounts" at the bottom
Go to "Actions" pull-down menu on upper right
"Manage Friends & Family"
Edit from there and it should show up immediately when printing the form.
thanks I think this is what he said he tried initially but it would only “deactivate” me when trying to change relationship status and then require him to make a new entry and enter my info again but he doesn’t have any more spots left, ie he is “maxed out” and would have to remove one of his brothers or something…

guess I’ll double check with him again… maybe he just has regrets he ‘allowed’ me to marry his daughter and is just giving me the run around 🤣 🤣 🤔..
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

thanks I think this is what he said he tried initially but it would only “deactivate” me when trying to change relationship status and then require him to make a new entry and enter my info again but he doesn’t have any more spots left, ie he is “maxed out” and would have to remove one of his brothers or something…

guess I’ll double check with him again… maybe he just has regrets he ‘allowed’ me to marry his daughter and is just giving me the run around 🤣 🤣 🤔..
yep, just called him up and bugged him again with a FaceTime while he confirmed live with me he can’t add new people unless he deleted his brother or sister or other daughters husband or something … I told him not to “deactivate” me from friends and family for now cus that’s better than nothing, but seems like we are stuck and he is maxed out cus he already has his “in law” slot filled up? Is that the case or is this something HR can authorize adding more slots for manually if you can prove u actually have multiple son/daughter in laws?? Thanks again for any info before I bug him again to go to his manager and down that path 🙏

Last edited by flymax77; Jul 8, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:58 pm

yep, just called him up and bugged him again with a FaceTime while he confirmed love with me he can’t add new people unless he deleted his brother or sister or other daughters husband or something … I told him not to “deactivate” me from friends and family for now cus that’s better than nothing, but seems like we are stuck and he is maxed out cus he already has his “in law” slot filled up? Is that the case or is this something HR can authorize adding more slots for manually if you can prove u actually have multiple son/daughter in laws?? Thanks again for any info before I bug him again to go to his manager and down that path 🙏
It looks like 11 is the max for immediate family members. Why not deactivate someone for you and add them later? Its simply just adding a name/relationship. I'm assuming your future wife is currently listed as an immediate family member, ask him to replace her name with yours for the time being.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:00 pm

Be careful you are dealing with family
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centurion
Be careful you are dealing with family
exactly. I feel like I already pushed the limits.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

It looks like 11 is the max for immediate family members. Why not deactivate someone for you and add them later? Its simply just adding a name/relationship. I'm assuming your future wife is currently listed as an immediate family member, ask him to replace her name with yours for the time being.
thanks for this reply. That number is helpful and just about what I think He has on his list off the top of my head. I’ll just leave it be for now, not worth asking him to remove any blood family for me. Guess it’s either (A) use my MMF and pay a few hundred extra bucks or (B) take the wife golfing. I think I’ll go with option (A) 😆
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:36 pm

Yep...I just reread your post. I would drop your request like a hot potato. Now if you told your father in law you wanted to take his daughter to the Ritz in XYZ... I bet things would be different. But help for a boys weekend of golf.... no way.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Centurion
Yep...I just reread your post. I would drop your request like a hot potato. Now if you told your father in law you wanted to take his daughter to the Ritz in XYZ... I bet things would be different. But help for a boys weekend of golf.... no way.
done. Thank you for your wisdom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.