Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Why did I think this hotel was all non smoking? I just looked and my reservation is for a smoking room and I asked for a non smoking room.

I guess I should call the PConcierge?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by lalala
Why did I think this hotel was all non smoking?
That's a good question.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 2:16 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by dingo
That's a good question.
From the hotel's web site:

Smoking Policy
As per French law, smoking is not allowed in any public areas of the hotel including the lobby, restaurants, bars and meeting rooms. Smoking rooms are available upon request.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Well, apparently they keep the twin bedded rooms for the smoking.

Since I am traveling with a friend, we'll hope the King bedded room is really two twins mushed together. I'm not sure I want to deal with a smoking room for three days.

From what the PLT concierge could surmise, you can't even get a rollaway for the rooms at the Westin.

How does that work? People travel with their kids all the time.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 4:51 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by lalala
...How does that work? People travel with their kids all the time.
Two rooms; connecting, if possible?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Oct 13, 2009, 12:27 pm

Question

Two questions: Where do you print your boarding pass in this hotel?
Is there a public phone somewhere? Thank you.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by genoval
Two questions: Where do you print your boarding pass in this hotel?
Is there a public phone somewhere? Thank you.
Wow, these are very specific questions aren't they? Not sure on the printing but you may be able to do so for free in the business center. I never saw that as an option, but perhaps.

There are public phones outside the restrooms which are located between the two eating joints. To use our calling cards, we had to use the non-payphone phones that are on the little table against the wall.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by genoval
Where do you print your boarding pass in this hotel?
Does anyone know the answer to this question? I'd like to be able to print 1 or 2 pages at the hotel.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 8:16 pm

Westin Paris

Hi! Im going to be staying at the Westin Paris hotel in Novermber and am looking to extend my stay for a couple of more days. The hotel is quoting me a very high price and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or knows of any specials or promo codes that would help bring this price down some. I am looking to extend for a Sunday and Monday night. Any ideas? Thanks.

Last edited by jazzyboy; Oct 19, 2009 at 8:26 pm
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:11 pm
BCH

If you have a AAA / CAA / AA card, then click on that option and see what comes up. I've used that rate before, and it was much lower.

Also, See if "CASH ($150) + POINTS" rate is better for you. If you don't have the required points, then you can buy them directly from SPG. Sometimes, this combo rate comes out to be better than the regular rate offered by super-expensive luxury hotels.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS, BA-Gold
http://specialoffers.starwoodhotels....SOP_US_WI_1729
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:47 am

Is this a good room?

I booked 3 nights w/C+P and requested a King bed, non-smoking room. I am Starwood Gold. My rez reads exactly as follows, "1 King, Spacious Room, High Speed Internet for a Fee, Superior Non-smoking, Heavenly Bed, Marble Bathroom, Superior Couture Room, 18-25 sq Mtr, Parisian Atmosphere, In Harmony with the Personal Westin Philosophy." Does anyone have a good feel for what type of where this room is likely to be? Also, does the word "Superior" mean that I've been upgraded from a Standard room due to my Gold status? Or is this just the luck of the draw and I may be able to expect a further upgrade upon arrival?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by January
I booked 3 nights w/C+P and requested a King bed, non-smoking room. I am Starwood Gold. My rez reads exactly as follows, "1 King, Spacious Room, High Speed Internet for a Fee, Superior Non-smoking, Heavenly Bed, Marble Bathroom, Superior Couture Room, 18-25 sq Mtr, Parisian Atmosphere, In Harmony with the Personal Westin Philosophy." Does anyone have a good feel for what type of where this room is likely to be? Also, does the word "Superior" mean that I've been upgraded from a Standard room due to my Gold status? Or is this just the luck of the draw and I may be able to expect a further upgrade upon arrival?
I had an almost identical rez last week. It was a nice room and I had a pleasant stay. AFAIK, there is no standard room. Regarding upgrade chances, you might want to read the posts on upgrades in this thread.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:57 am

Richard: Did you have a room facing into courtyard or out to street? Did you have any view? Was your room renovated and modern? I appreciate the info!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by January
Richard: Did you have a room facing into courtyard or out to street? Did you have any view? Was your room renovated and modern? I appreciate the info!
We faced the street, but no view. I believe rooms with views of the Tuilleries are called view rooms and from the floor map are rather small. Our room seemed renovated and modern. The outside wall is at a slight angle, so the first room in the row we were on is larger than the last.

We chose this hotel mainly for the location. No real complaints, other than that every extra was ridiculously expensive - wifi, restaurant, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.