Search

Asian Bistro – Arlington Heights, IL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2004, 11:40 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Asian Bistro – Arlington Heights, IL

Asian Bistro has been open for three months now. We got the chance to go last night for dinner. Not that I take the following as a gauge of how good an ethnic restaurant is, but I do note it, Asian Bistro was packed with Asians. We were the only round eyes until another couple came in just as we were leaving. Take it FWIW.

Started out with Szechuan Spicy Pork Dumplings – LOTS of chili oil, nice bite, and great pork flavor. We were drooling after this appetizer, the best dumplings we’ve had in a long time.

Judi’s main course – Salt and Pepper Squid. Just ok, the fried coating was too thick.
A disappointment seeing as we just had terrific Salt & Pepper Squid in Seattle last weekend.

I adore lamb and chose an Asian Bistro “Signature” dish, the Lamb Twin Delight. A platter with two individual servings of Hunan Lamb and Mongolian Lamb. Hunan Lamb tasted exactly like a Mexican dish. I could not even begin to see the Asian aspect of the Hunan Lamb. Very weird and not good unfortunately. The Mongolian Lamb had a good smoky flavor to it, very enjoyable, but it did lack a certain I’m not sure, I guess I felt it should have packed a bigger flavor.

We both ordered some take out duck for this evening. I ordered a ˝ Hunan duck (I sure hope it does not have the spice profile of the above Hunan Lamb dish) and Judi ordered a ˝ tea smoked duck. We’ll report back on how these were.

Asian Bistro
65 West Golf Road
Arlington Heights, IL
Open 11am-9:30pm 7 days a week (until 10:30pm on Fri & Sat)
Old Aug 12, 2004, 1:14 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
We both ordered some take out duck for this evening. I ordered a ˝ Hunan duck (I sure hope it does not have the spice profile of the above Hunan Lamb dish) and Judi ordered a ˝ tea smoked duck. We’ll report back on how these were.
tea duck had great flavor but was very very dry.

Hunan duck was just a weird dish, nothing special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.