Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA/Star Alliance: 2024 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information. For UA, choose PQF, PQP or BIS (for MM runners).

Departure Airport:
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed:
Maximum Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay:

Route(s) You've Already Searched:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A NEW THREAD.

Please post the exact amount of miles needed. You will get fewer options with a roundup number (eg, 5000 instead of 4830; IAD-SFO nonstop will work for the latter.)
Print Wikipost

UA/Star Alliance: 2024 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2024, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Grrrrrrrr. Now I gotta rethink my whole strategies.
It's crazy! I generally value Pluspoints at $20 each based on redemptions, and the pluspoints alone nearly make up for going to 1K from scratch at $6500.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2024, 12:41 pm

Please help need max miles on $1100 budget - united airlines

Hello
Need 30k this year to teach 1M.
can break it into a couple trips but looking to maximize each one. Leaving from EWR and open to anywhere. Flexible dates but hopefully next 6 weeks.

Is there an app or what’s the beady way to plan and look at options.

Thank you

Last edited by juice508080; Aug 6, 2024 at 12:42 pm Reason: Add united airlines
Old Aug 6, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM Miler
EWR to LAX via IAD gives you good miles at around 100 USD in basic economy to start
Then LAX MIA via EWR if you can, 110 USD each way basic economy also return trip the same way MIA/FLL LAX
You can do the same from LAX MCO via EWR or IAD same deal, cheap around 110 each way.
I have done that off season, like after September till Thanks Giving for less than 3.5 CPM
That will get your miles within budget.
Old Aug 6, 2024, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by juice508080
Hello
can break it into a couple trips but looking to maximize each one. Leaving from EWR and open to anywhere. Flexible dates but hopefully next 6 weeks.

Thank you
I'd suggest repositioning to LAX first and taking any one of the dozens of roundtrips available to SJU via EWR in September. Does not require an overnight stay either as it's a turnaround flight in SJU (Example). LAX-EWR-SJU-EWR-LAX yields 8124 miles for $264 in basic economy. Repeat 3x and sandwich your SJU runs in between something like EWR-IAD-LAX-SFO-EWR (Example) and you should be good to hit 30k miles for <$1050.
ContinentalFan and Spectre17 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2024, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by juice508080
Hello

Thank you
EWR - PHX roundtrip is $114 in basic economy. Can't really beat 2.6 cpm these days. Don't even need to reposition

7 trips at less than $800 and you should be good to go. No overnight in PHX unless you want to.

Example: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...4ScT3oPPwSrJ29
SPN Lifer, Kmxu and MM_someday like this.

Last edited by Repooc17; Aug 6, 2024 at 5:01 pm
Old Aug 9, 2024, 9:17 am

Hello

Limited flying this year, will make it iffy to keep my UA 1K status because I've moved out of the US to Vancouver (YVR). Need to add about 1000 PQP to the plan for the year.

I know that some long hauls on AC would solve this, but truly despise the idea of giving them my money.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.
Old Aug 10, 2024, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by MM_someday
What a find! Could get 1K in 7 round trips + a few segment runs for a total of $5K... or just 10 round trips for $6500.
I thought long and hard about this but just cannot sacrifice my schedule to do this even though it is a great value.
MM_someday likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2024, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
More ex-EWR run opportunity.

EWR to SFO/LAX (one direction via PHX, other direction nonstop) $163 - 3-3.3 cpm (basic economy); scatter dates across Sep to Nov; same day return, or same day redeye return (arrival next morning)

Examples:

EWR-LAX-PHX-EWR (same day return): https://www.google.com/travel/flight...j2PiQswJ5Hzpw8

EWR-SFO-PHX-EWR (same day return): https://www.google.com/travel/flight...o4f2pvkuWCEgLA
MM_someday likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
More ex-EWR run opportunity.

EWR to SFO/LAX (one direction via PHX, other direction nonstop) $163 - 3-3.3 cpm (basic economy); scatter dates across Sep to Nov; same day return, or same day redeye return (arrival next morning)

Examples:

EWR-LAX-PHX-EWR (same day return): https://www.google.com/travel/flight...j2PiQswJ5Hzpw8

EWR-SFO-PHX-EWR (same day return): https://www.google.com/travel/flight...o4f2pvkuWCEgLA
If that were ex-SFO, I'd be all over that. My Google-fu is not such that I can figure out if that exists, but thanks for sharing the ex-EWR options.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by uporito
Shamelessly stolen from a deal site, but found this on my quest for 3+ pqp/$ fares.

There is a eurowings biz deal (D fare class) leaving from CGN and BER to DWC (dubai), with a minimum two night stay due to the frequency of flights at $650 for 2486 pqp, resulting in 3.8 pqp/$. Most availability in 2025 with some availability in Oct/Nov/Dec.

Example dates: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...u=EgIIACIDCgEw
I could do a couple of these next year. Would get me to Platinum with already planned travel. Worth going for P when I'm already G?

I noticed the crossed out bag. If I add a bag on Google - the price doubles. But if I go to EW to book, it does appear to include carryon and checked bags at the lower price. Am I missing something?

Old Aug 13, 2024, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum / Bonvoy Platinum
Departure Airport: TPA
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: 450
Maximum Budget: N/A
Available Travel Dates: one day. 8/16 - 8/18
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA Metal

Old Aug 13, 2024, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by STEPHANKOENIG
Departure Airport: TPA
Miles (PQF/PQP/BIS, choose one) Needed: 450
Maximum Budget: N/A
Available Travel Dates: one day. 8/16 - 8/18
Required Metal or Codeshares Okay: UA Metal
A quick look shows you can do an Econ same day roundtrip to DCA and hit your PQP number on September 17th.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum / Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
A quick look shows you can do an Econ same day roundtrip to DCA and hit your PQP number on September 17th.
Thanks!
I was hoping for something shorter, as I only need (lifetime) miles, not PQP.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
So 450 is miles?

UA utilizes mostly a hub spoke model, so shortest one way would be IAH at 787 miles; IAD is actually not much longer at just over 800 miles one way (811).
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thanks!
My mistake. As someone suggested, IAH might be a good choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.