Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt > Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Reload this Page >

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr & Mrs Smith Integration (active as of 24 Apr 2024)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2024, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA1K
Not really active in the Hyatt corners of FT so this might have been discussed elsewhere — Hyatt website/app were not loading rates for some nights at a hotel I was looking at but was able to call reservations and have them book for me over the phone!

Posting here since this is the thread that came up when I was googling
Old Aug 15, 2024, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Update as of August 15th: 794 MMS properties have now been onboarded to World of Hyatt, and the plan is to have over 1000 integrated by the end of the year.

khabah
Old Aug 15, 2024, 1:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

@khabah, thank you for all the work you do to keep us informed about hotel movements. I learn a lot from your posts.
Old Aug 15, 2024, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
There’s a hotel I’ve been eyeing — Etta hotel (in Kissimmee.)

For some reason, every date I pick shows unavailable when “picking a rate.” While if you just search the area/location, the hotel appears with a price and availability.

Has anyone encountered this with other properties? I was able to view rates shortly after their integration but it seems to flare up 1 month or so after the “on” date.

Im going to reach out to my concierge / see if the phone reps are able to book it.

edit: see unitedwildcat’s post. Looks to be similar.

Old Aug 16, 2024, 7:26 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Is there a list of MMS hotels coming onboard by the end of the year?
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2024, 10:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Is there a list of MMS hotels coming onboard by the end of the year?
I wish there was. Even an easy to digest list of the latest additions would be great.

Just wasted another 20 minutes or so only to learn that there are zero new entries in much needed regions like Australia or certain cities in Europe
Old Aug 16, 2024, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
I wish there was. Even an easy to digest list of the latest additions would be great.

Just wasted another 20 minutes or so only to learn that there are zero new entries in much needed regions like Australia or certain cities in Europe
I hear you.
Was hoping the Emblem in Prague was coming on board with Hyatt.IHG had it with their MMS partnership
Was able to redeem for a suite with the IHG Chase annual free night.Great boutique hotel and an excellent breakfast
They even included breakfast for a Platinum IHG member Even IHG hotels don't typically do that
Old Aug 16, 2024, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
I hear you.
Was hoping the Emblem in Prague was coming on board with Hyatt.IHG had it with their MMS partnership
Was able to redeem for a suite with the IHG Chase annual free night.Great boutique hotel and an excellent breakfast
They even included breakfast for a Platinum IHG member Even IHG hotels don't typically do that
Prague is always a welcome location to add more properties. But at least there ARE some Hyatt hotels already, the Andaz there is absolutely fabulous if you ask me!
Old Aug 17, 2024, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin
Prague is always a welcome location to add more properties. But at least there ARE some Hyatt hotels already, the Andaz there is absolutely fabulous if you ask me!
Appreciate the suggestion
yes I absolutely considered Andaz but for my dates it was near 700 dollars a night plus tax for a basic standard room
Being away for near 2 months I ruled it out and went with the Hilton SLH BO HO Hotel also rated 5 star
250 per night including taxes using 5th night free with Hilton and breakfast for 2 hopefully upgraded too 👍
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2024, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
I absolutely considered Andaz but for my dates it was near 700 dollars a night plus tax for a basic standard room
I wonder if the lack of onboarding new properties has less to do with MAMS properties opting out, and more to do with existing Hyatt hotel owners wary of new competition.

If the Andaz Prague is $700/nt, and I can get elite night credit at The Julius, which is literally across the street and often about 30-50% less than the Andaz, I'm staying at the Julius. The Andaz just opened after what I'm sure was a very expensive restoration of a historic building. The owner I'm sure wants to get value out of the marketing arrangement in place to recoup costs as much as possible.

Barcelona still only has one MAMS property on hyatt.com and about 20 available through MAMS. We've heard that they are trying to expand in Barcalona, and onboarding more properties could add competitive pressure.

Someone upthread said "prepare to be disappointed". Well I certainly am.
Football Fan and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Aug 18, 2024, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
I wonder if the lack of onboarding new properties has less to do with MAMS properties opting out, and more to do with existing Hyatt hotel owners wary of new competition.

If the Andaz Prague is $700/nt, and I can get elite night credit at The Julius, which is literally across the street and often about 30-50% less than the Andaz, I'm staying at the Julius. The Andaz just opened after what I'm sure was a very expensive restoration of a historic building. The owner I'm sure wants to get value out of the marketing arrangement in place to recoup costs as much as possible.

Barcelona still only has one MAMS property on hyatt.com and about 20 available through MAMS. We've heard that they are trying to expand in Barcalona, and onboarding more properties could add competitive pressure.

Someone upthread said "prepare to be disappointed". Well I certainly am.
Holding out hope here still on MMS transitioning into WOH.
By changing my dates around I can get Andaz PR down to under 600.
Or use points getting the rate down even further
That said its still over 100% more than other very good properties and while everything
is subjective the restaurant menu really turned me off.
Their historical building kind of cool.
Hopefully the MMS relationship bares some more future opportunities but also not holding my breath.
Whatever develops it cant be any worse than the new MGM Marriott marriage which belongs
in divorce court and firing of Marriott reps responsible
If I could earn points with the Hyatt MMS property of choice that would be enough to sway me
as rates where I stayed last average 300 ish a night
The MMS property I experienced has great beds,a stellar breakfast and restaurant with agreeable daily rates!
I don't like spending more than 400 a night unless the property is brilliant.And at 150 nights a year it adds up quick
when you figure transportation dining air etc
BTW The Julius looks awesome is it affiliated with any major program?
Old Aug 18, 2024, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
BTW The Julius looks awesome is it affiliated with any major program?
I don't think so. It is part of the Julius Meinl group, which I just know from the upscale Grocery on Graben in Vienna. I was intrigued to see it when I stayed at the Andaz this January.
Old Aug 18, 2024, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by joachimm
I don't think so. It is part of the Julius Meinl group, which I just know from the upscale Grocery on Graben in Vienna. I was intrigued to see it when I stayed at the Andaz this January.
If I did book it I would probably book through chase ultimate rewards and at least get ten miles per dollar spent
Unfortunately they use Expedia which is why so far I never book.They scare me with their mostly horrible reps
Love how Julius took a historical property and did the interior state of the art boutique/ high end
Wish Hyatt could do something like that.Andaz Amsterdam perhaps on a smaller unique designer scale to some fair degree
Maybe the Andaz Prague guest room looks better than they shows online.The walkout balconies there look awesome
Old Sep 1, 2024, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
This is newsworthy: several Aman properties are now part of WoH via the MMS integrations! These are the participating ones thus far:
  • Amangiri / Utah, United States
  • Amanruya / Bodrum, Türkiye
  • Amankora (Bumthang - Gangtey - Punakha) / Bhutan
  • Amansara / Siem Reap, Cambodia
  • Aman-i-Khas / Ranthambore, India
I haven't looked at the points or cash rates, but I'm sure the points requirements will be astronomical in keeping with the insane dynamic pricing in line with Hyatt-MMS.

khabah
Old Sep 1, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by khabah
This is newsworthy: several Aman properties are now part of WoH via the MMS integrations! These are the participating ones thus far:
  • Amangiri / Utah, United States
  • Amanruya / Bodrum, Türkiye
  • Amankora (Bumthang - Gangtey - Punakha) / Bhutan
  • Amansara / Siem Reap, Cambodia
  • Aman-i-Khas / Ranthambore, India
I haven't looked at the points or cash rates, but I'm sure the points requirements will be astronomical in keeping with the insane dynamic pricing in line with Hyatt-MMS.

khabah
I don't see any availability. Those properties only have limited rooms so finding availability is going to be hard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.