Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2024, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by ssadruddin
I've got a rental planned for this upcoming long weekend. I usually alternate between T1 and T3. Sometimes, if I have time, I check both out.
Do we think T1 or T3 may have a better selection of EE this long weekend?
It's not gonna be a huge difference between T1/T3. If you are looking for paid upgrades then T1 might have more premium options.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by M3us
EA had broncos and convertible Camaros along with the usual SUVs and pickup trucks.
I didn’t have any issues with the old man with glasses. He just asked me for my tier and showed me the aisles.
thanks for the update. Did you happen to see any jeep wagoneers in the exec aisle? Any recall of what suvs were there?
Old Jun 27, 2024, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ssadruddin
I've got a rental planned for this upcoming long weekend. I usually alternate between T1 and T3. Sometimes, if I have time, I check both out.
Do we think T1 or T3 may have a better selection of EE this long weekend?
The parking garage at T1 is much larger so usually better options.

Please keep us updated of what you see in the EE aisle and report back!
Old Jul 4, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: National Executive, Hertz Five Star
Hi all, sorry for the delay on this.
Honestly the Alamo area seemed significantly better optioned than what was in National. It was mostly filled with Ford Bronco Sport, GMC Terrain, Hyundai, KIA, VW Tiguan, VW Taos, and one sedan - Nissan Altima. One Pickup Truck, F150 XLT - I took this. The PS had a V60.
I hate that they have these tiny crossovers.
Old Jul 5, 2024, 10:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
7/4 7:30am T1

EE lot 80% full, nothing interesting just generic selections with Ford Escape-fest party.
VW, Ford, Kia, Nissan, Mazda basic SUVs, and couple pick ups. Agent said no when asked if something else can be offered. Picked up a brand new 2024 VW Tiguan SE with 30km.

Old Aug 9, 2024, 6:24 pm

Crappy selection EE late July (terminal 3)

A bunch of pickup trucks, a Tiguan, an edge, and an outlander. I spoke to the guy working trying to get some better (bigger) SUVs and eventually he called a Sante Fe from terminal 1 and had it driven over. EVERY SINGLE vehicle out of the about 10 that were there were low end models with cloth seats. No leather seats and no AC seat models (it was hot). Don’t expect anything decent in the executive aisle.

Employee I spoke to said higher trim model cars are reserved for booked rentals and not the aisle… and that selection at terminal 1 would be the same. Was quite disappointed at the low quality cars in the EE aisle. There was a new Tiguan with 30 km but even it had cloth seats (and too small for a family with car seats). Even the full sized Nissan Altima sitting there had cloth seats and was base model.

I've never been given a standard SUV like a Sante Fe without leather seats at Avis… (or even Alamo).
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Last edited by bakersdozen; Aug 11, 2024 at 8:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.