Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Best (typical) sedans in National’s fleet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best (typical) sedans in National’s fleet?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for your very helpful responses!
Kacee and strickerj like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m907
I agree on most points, but the Charger is a pretty decent car. Most of National's Chargers these days are nicely equipped - leather, sunroof, premium audio. But they almost always have the frumpy base trim wheels, which makes no sense.
I think that National/Enterprise is able to get specially equipped fleet cars from FCA. A couple weeks ago, I had a Voyager that was pretty light on equipment (small screen, no auto cruise, no heated seats), but it had leather seats and power doors and liftgate.
xienon and TXJeepGuy like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
I agree on most points, but the Charger is a pretty decent car. Most of National's Chargers these days are nicely equipped - leather, sunroof, premium audio. But they almost always have the frumpy base trim wheels, which makes no sense.
Ah, I haven't gotten a charger in a few years and avoided them due to the base wheels on every one I see. Will take one for a spin next time.
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:23 pm

I actually prefer Mazda 3s because they are all top trims(at least here in Ontario) and would prefer it over the stripped down FCARs and over small SUV(trax, qashiqai) as well
Auto Enthusiast and xienon like this.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by xienon
Ah, I haven't gotten a charger in a few years and avoided them due to the base wheels on every one I see. Will take one for a spin next time.
I like them when I have to travel with more than 1 other person just because they're spacious.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by hourglass
I actually prefer Mazda 3s because they are all top trims(at least here in Ontario) and would prefer it over the stripped down FCARs and over small SUV(trax, qashiqai) as well
The Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 are great but they're fairly rare in the US (Mazda 3 is so rare I've only ever seen it once at National when I thankfully managed to snag it). And National buys the fairly well equipped trim with leather, sunroof, heated seats and adaptive cruise.
Old May 29, 2021, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by xienon
I was the same way - one look at base wheels and I knew it was a base trim inside, til once I saw a sunroof, so now I check the Chargers. The Charger is the only car I've seen where this is the case.
Old May 29, 2021, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I don't love the K5 but the Sonata is actually decent.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Elite
What's the recent take on this?

What options are usually in Nissan Maxima or similar category.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Camry is about it nowadays for a full-size sedan.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
Camry is about it nowadays for a full-size sedan.
Malibu and Altima have entered the chat.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 8:14 am

Only sedans I'll take are these days are Camry, Accord (rare but seeing more of them), Charger, or 300. Really don't like the Nissans. Would take a VW if they had anything bigger than a Jetta. No problems with the Hyundai or Kias but haven't seen as many lately.
Old Jun 18, 2024, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by TXJeepGuy
Only sedans I'll take are these days are Camry, Accord (rare but seeing more of them), Charger, or 300. Really don't like the Nissans. Would take a VW if they had anything bigger than a Jetta. No problems with the Hyundai or Kias but haven't seen as many lately.
The Charger, 300, and Passat have all been discontinued.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:39 am

The Charger, 300, and Passat have all been discontinued.
Still seeing Chargers in the fleet though...
Old Jun 19, 2024, 11:45 am

I'd take a Toyota Crown over a Camry
Nitehawk and Auto Enthusiast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.