Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Baggage Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2006, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Domestic Baggage Allowance (again)

I didn't want to hijack the other thread which dealt with a specific FC question about baggage allowance and this is just more for a confirmation of information since the NWA site is not exactly clear. And I have done a search and found some information but again wanted to check for updated information from ya'll. If you don't like it when someone starts a new thread, go ahead and click BACK now.

From NWA.com
Luggage Allowance

Domestic Travel (within the U.S./Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean)

* Coach Class: Each ticketed passenger is allowed two (2) pieces of checked luggage.
1. Both pieces: 50 pounds (23 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 62 inches (158 cm).
Is that 50 lbs. for each allowed checked bag (2 x 50 = 100 lbs.) or 50 lbs total?

I had seen this thread , specifically post #3 but did not see anyone confirm it further down the line.

Whenever Mrs. ipo and I have a travel disagreement I come here to FT to have it resolved, so far FT has come through each time.

Last edited by infinityplusone; Feb 22, 2006 at 8:16 pm
Old Feb 23, 2006, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by infinityplusone
I didn't want to hijack the other thread which dealt with a specific FC question about baggage allowance and this is just more for a confirmation of information since the NWA site is not exactly clear. And I have done a search and found some information but again wanted to check for updated information from ya'll. If you don't like it when someone starts a new thread, go ahead and click BACK now.

From NWA.com

Is that 50 lbs. for each allowed checked bag (2 x 50 = 100 lbs.) or 50 lbs total?

I had seen this thread , specifically post #3 but did not see anyone confirm it further down the line.

Whenever Mrs. ipo and I have a travel disagreement I come here to FT to have it resolved, so far FT has come through each time.
That is 50# per bag. ^
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:31 am

Programs: NW Plat, DL Silver
This is what nwa.com posts now:

Domestic Travel (within the U.S./Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean)
Coach Class: Each ticketed passenger is allowed two (2) pieces of checked luggage.
Both pieces: 50 pounds (23 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 62 inches (158 cm).
First Class: Each ticketed passenger is allowed three (3) checked pieces.
First two (2) pieces: 70 pounds (32 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 62 inches (158 cm).
Third piece: 40 pounds (18 kg) with linear dimensions not to exceed 45 inches (115 cm).

I find this to be interpreted as 50 lbs. each piece by most agents at check in. I have had all out fights about the first class 70 lb. allowance recently (specifically at ASE), when an agent did not have any knowledge of this additional allowance and only gave in when I pulled up the web page for her on my laptop. I started a thread about this in late January if you want to search for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.