Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

Credit Card Requirement for E-Ticket Check-In?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K

I was reading the small print on a recent E-Ticket purchase when I noticed the requirement to show your Credit card. Has anyone actually been asked? I ask because my son's name is the same as mine and he will be the one travelling.

"All passengers will be required to present a valid passport and travel documents
at the airport. For verification purposes you will also need to present the
credit card used to purchase your airline tickets. If the passenger and the card
holder are not the same person, the credit card holder must accompany the
passenger to the airport for check in. Alternatively, if the card holder visits
a Northwest Airlines City Ticket Office (CTO) to show the credit card used to
purchase the ticket(s), the credit card requirement will be waived."

Dave - Japan.

[This message has been edited by davistev (edited Jan 02, 2004).]
Old Jan 2, 2004, 5:41 pm

Location: MHT, DL DM & now KM!/ formerNW Plat /HH Diamond/SPG plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
I was reading the small print on a recent E-Ticket purchase when I noticed the requirement to show your Credit card. Has anyone actually been asked? I ask because my son's name is the same as mine and he will be the one travelling.

"All passengers will be required to present a valid passport and travel documents
at the airport. For verification purposes you will also need to present the
credit card used to purchase your airline tickets. If the passenger and the card
holder are not the same person, the credit card holder must accompany the
passenger to the airport for check in. Alternatively, if the card holder visits
a Northwest Airlines City Ticket Office (CTO) to show the credit card used to
purchase the ticket(s), the credit card requirement will be waived."
Dave - Japan.
[This message has been edited by davistev (edited Jan 02, 2004).]
</font>
I've never been asked to show the credit card. Besides, if you use a kiosk or on-line check-in, you've got the boarding pass in hand. All you need for either one of those is your NW number and your PIN.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
In the US, there's no NW requirement for the ticket purchaser to accompany the ticketee to the airport to show the CC to the check-in staff. This was a policy held by United until recently.

However, this actually could be different for tickets purchased in Japan or with Japan NWA agents. I would check with the Japan reservations line to double check.

Or just check-in online...

aloha
Old Jan 2, 2004, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Yes - I think I will check. But his first city of departure is Detroit. Maybe I will drop by a NWA ticket agent in Detroit next week on my way to Canada.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 9:33 am

Programs: Skyclub lifetime, Priority Pass, HH Gold.
Just make a zerox of your credit card, front and back, with your ID, and write a sentence saying you bought the ticket for your son. No biggy.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is your son using your WP card?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

No - I am actually a KLM PE but anyone can purchase on NWA.com without a worldperks number. Hence the confusion!

Old Jan 5, 2004, 6:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
......but anyone can purchase on NWA.com without a worldperks number. Hence the confusion!
</font>
I thought in the US version of nwa.com, you must have an account with WP number as your login to purchase a ticket online. With that login, one could buy for some other person with no WP number though. Did it change recently?
Old Jan 5, 2004, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by santo:
I thought in the US version of nwa.com, you must have an account with WP number as your login to purchase a ticket online. With that login, one could buy for some other person with no WP number though. Did it change recently?</font>
It did. You can purchase tickets without logging in with your WPs number, but WP bonuses for booking online are not earned.

aloha
Old Jan 9, 2004, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

FYI - Only tickets purchased from NWA.co.jp have the credit card showing at check-in requirement. I checked it out today at Detroit Ticketing. Yes - they confirmed that this is a requiremnet only for Japanese online e-ticket purchases. So I showed them my card. Now my son can travel on his E-Ticket.

Strange World!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.