BiddingForTravel web site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hilton HHonors
BiddingForTravel web site

I LOVE Bidding For Travel web site:
http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/

I check out this web site everytime before I put in a priceline bid.

It gives great advice on what others have bid on hotels, etc. and whether they have been successful or not.

I place my bid through the Amazing Bargains web site:
http://www.amazing-bargains.com/priceline.html

Their advice has helped me get tremendous deals on (mostly) hotels throughout the country!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:21 pm

Spam or troll? Cuz the owner of that website doesn't exactly enjoy a good reputation on here for her, shall we say, less than civil behavior. There are other alternative sites not run by, errr, such "grumpy" individuals.

Last edited by codex57; Feb 3, 2010 at 6:27 pm
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Be sure to thank the travelers who post on the aforementioned board, as it is THEIR data that have made your savings possible. The site itself is merely an aggregator - the bidding strategies offered by the board administratrix are sometimes useful, sometimes wildly off-target.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Definitely not spam or troll.

I really do like the web site! I use it every time I want to use Priceline.

The administrator hasn't been posting for a long time.

But I don't consider the administrator a problem.

Are there other sites like biddingfortravel.com that you would recommend?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:54 pm

Programs: Motel 6 Club Avoir Le Cafard
Most of us have abandoned BFT because of its owner's mental issues. This affects the quality of the data you will find there (many people who used to post there have been banned from the site for no good reason). Most of us now post our winning bids and hotel reviews to betterbidding.com .
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

OOOH! That is a good tip! I'll check it out.

Thanks so much!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 8:42 am

you will like the search features of betterbidding, the heading of all reported wins is formatted the same so its easy to find what you're looking for. Another great feature called "Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins" that lets you research up to a two week range of dates and look at the reported wins. There is also a feature called "Priceline Maps" that lets you pull up the maps of several large cities and you can see the locations of hotels and the recent prices paid for these properties.

To top it off, the board moderation is much better at BB and they will actually help you craft a bid. Also, this board allows folks to post Hotwire wins too.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Betterbidding.com

And, you're not banned from the board for not using the Amazing Bargains link.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
OP, you may want to read this thread to see all of the people that have been banned from biddingfortravel for little or no reason

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onlin...travel-51.html

betterbidding is much more friendly
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:17 pm
Suspended

but even BB was starting last yr to follow in Sharons footsteps if U didnt use their link

I say do Ur homework by going to both just dont book via BFTs link
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:32 am
Original Poster

I had always used BFT before, but lately I noticed that there weren't as many posts of useful bidding strategies as before. Also, Sheryl hasn't been posting for many, many months. So there might be something going on!

Glad that I found some alternative sites through this posting.

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:36 pm
B1

OP - Sheryl has been away from BFT with apparently serious illness for months and I suspect the illness contributed to some of the problems. Helpful moderators have been running BFT on a part-time basis and have been lenient in their patrols of the way things are posted. While some people are still posting there and some at BB, a lot just isn't being reported. I think the idea of the moderators being able to tell people what to bid based on the "bidding form" is not real. On the other hand, if people post their wins and informed observations, we can deduce how to bid using that info, hotel web sites, and Hotwire. If someone is new to Priceline, experience is a fine teacher and the reward of a win is very positive and there are eager mentors out there - some even know what they are writing about. BTW, it is ironic currently, BFT does not ask you to use their link after your post appears while BB does. Finally, this www.utellportal.com/Marketing/priceline/ has a very helpful summary of how it all works from the hotel's side.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: QF FF, Miles and More; SPG.
I often think Shezza just bans random IP addresses. But yet people still keep going back and just like the OP think it is the one and only bidding site.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
ginteralaska

Just out of curiosity - have you done very many bft posts when Sheryl is actually actively working the board?

Sad to say, but posting and the resultant reply seems to be what drives people away.

Romelle
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
B1

Loved that Utell address. Things I've wondered about for years.

THANK YOU!

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.