Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAA at IAD - Which lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007 | 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
What's the latest word on which lounge is used at IAD? I am doing this flight -- finally -- next week! Also, does SA still have a separate boarding line at the gate for C and STARGolds?
Old Mar 30, 2007 | 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Alas there is no lounge access to STARGolds flying in the back. Technically, there is no STAR lounge in the B concourse at IAD and thus no provision has been made for non-business class SAA customers to use the VIRGIN ATLANTIC lounge across from the SAA gate. I argued to no avail with the check-in agent, and just headed over to concourse C and use the RCC for an hour before taking the C to B "bus" across to the gate. (No problem with the RCC agent in my accessing that lounge using my AC STARGold card.)

Of course, IAD is a real dump these days. Combined with the construction there and at JNB, this makes the terminals the worst part of the travel experience. But IAD is so inefficient in moving people between terminals and airplanes, and it won't get much better even when the finish their "subway" train system. Why not just adopt the ORD approach and have lots of moving sidewalks wisking people to the terminals? SEA bogs down with the wait to ride to the main terminal, and IAD will ever remain in a similar situation.

Remember, no bottles are allowed ex-JNB so no Duty Free booze or perfume. And a meagre inflight choice of a single scotch, SAfrican liqueur and one Shiraz wine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.