Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GF 747 rumours getting stronger?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2007 | 7:23 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Talking GF 747 rumours getting stronger?

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifieda...hp?id=00001116

Gulf Air have just announced a 1.3 billion injection into the airline perhaps for new ac mainly ..things are looking good....time will tell.
Enjoy

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Mar 26, 2007 at 7:30 pm
Old Mar 30, 2007 | 10:31 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold
Having just flown the first of four upcoming sectors with GF in F, i'd be terrified to think what might happen if they bought 747s. Having flown with them a few times before i'm constantly impressed by the food and seat, but if the FAs can't remember who ordered what food and who owns what jacket in an 8 seat cabin who knows what might happen in the nose of a 747 with more seats?!
Old Mar 30, 2007 | 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Thank you for the update CJ; any info on how GF will deal with Etihad stealing its lunch with SYD flights?
SYD-DUB with just 1 stop and no transit layover is awfully tempting...
Old Apr 1, 2007 | 5:03 pm
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Etihad

Etihad is here to rival EK(and QR) not GF although there will def be EY converts nonetheless. GF definitely targets the Middle East markets from Aus while EK and EY have Euro connections as #1 priority. Having some inside info on EY I'm still not all that convinced personally. They sure have the money and the ac but AUH airport is a dump to transit in, let alone the chaos; also the internal workings at EY are nowhere near as refined as QR or even EK. QR I hear can be worse than a strict boarding school to work in. One CC member was sacked recently for having hair too short!!

At the end of the day GF price to DUB may be the strong +ive. Esp if you are in F or J the lounge and/or break in a hotel in BAH may not be a bad thing on such a long flight...I've always been of the opinion why arrive 3-4 hours early if I'm going to be buggered

That said I have been asked to sample EY services by certain ex GF, now EY, Syd based employees. I may well do so...who knows Status matching would also be nice which I have asked for as a 'carrot'

I'm also waiting for new GF CEO, who started yesterday, and see what course GF will take...all for the better I hope. There have been about 10-12 GF VIP sackings in last few weeks...which bodes well as all were dead meat.

Also BA97 I have never encountered the wrong food being delivered in F on GF? Nor have I seen jackets not delivered to their respective owner. Cabin crew take yr boarding pass as you hand them your jacket. I have, however, seen this on GF& QF, where F or J pax personally hang their own jacket in closet without knowledge of crew. I've even been guilty of that.

That's my two bobs worth.

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Apr 1, 2007 at 5:11 pm
Old Apr 11, 2007 | 10:03 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Isn't it a funny yet sobering example of ignorance - just four weeks ago the then acting CEO of GF, Mr. Al Hammadi, announced an upcoming order of 787's or A350's and the replacement of those corrosionous 767's with 747's and now we can see a major restructuring plan with necessary route slashings and going for an all Airbi fleet. I can only shake my head about Al Hammadi and his announcements at a time when the arrival of the future CEO was "on short final" An NG aircraft order to replace the A330's/40's in the long term may still be valid but those 747's ohhhh Lord he must have been on drugs...to consider those 747's they would never be able to fill is a good joke. Fleet harmonisation seems to be much wiser though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.