Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: Lima-LaPaz with TACA or LAN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013 | 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Amex Membership Rewards
Advice: Lima-LaPaz with TACA or LAN

Anybody have advice, thoughts or experience on the most economical and convient way to book a RT flight from Lima to LaPaz, Bolivia once in Lima ? To my understanding TACA and LAN are the best possibilities. If I'm flexible with time is it advisable to make a booking online when I'm in Peru or better to go to a ticket office of TACA or LAN ? Is it reliable if I use for example, expedia and choose the flight of my choice ? I am aware that I'll have to pay the "gringo tax" included in the price of my ticket.
Old Mar 11, 2013 | 10:50 am
Ambassador, LATAM
40 Countries Visited100k15 Years on Site

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by amieuro
Anybody have advice, thoughts or experience on the most economical and convient way to book a RT flight from Lima to LaPaz, Bolivia once in Lima ? To my understanding TACA and LAN are the best possibilities. If I'm flexible with time is it advisable to make a booking online when I'm in Peru or better to go to a ticket office of TACA or LAN ? Is it reliable if I use for example, expedia and choose the flight of my choice ? I am aware that I'll have to pay the "gringo tax" included in the price of my ticket.
Just in case, the so-called gringo tax (resident-only fares) only applies to domestic tickets.

I think LAN charges a service fee when booking over the phone or at an office, but I can't find the page on the website that mentions this.
Old Mar 11, 2013 | 1:28 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Avianca goes there too.

You might want to reconsider using third-party sites. Maybe use it to scope out possibilities but if something goes wrong before they are your travel agent of record and you will need to deal with them. I (others see it differently) always feel better booking directly with the airline. For LAN, it is free on the web.

But wow that route is EXPENSIVE! If you feel inclined, maybe post some details and someone here can be helpful. At this point, snag a sale whenever you can!
Old Mar 11, 2013 | 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, Amex Membership Rewards
Thanks for info. Don't really have any specific details. I forgot about about Avianca. Basicially I'll book the flight in short order when I'm in Lima. Yes that is an expensive route !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.