Wiki Posts
Search

Peru in March: just rain?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2003 | 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat, SK Silver, FB Gold
Peru in March: just rain?

I'm planning a 2 week trip to South America. I would like to go to Peru (Lima, Arequipa, Cuzco), but it seems that the weather in March is very wet. Does anyone have experiences of Peru in March?
Old Dec 15, 2003 | 9:23 pm
20 Countries Visited1M20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Platinum
March is the start to the end of the rainy season in Peru, but you can still expect to have a fair number of wet days. At that time of year you could expect mostly dry mornings with more clouds and rain in the afternoon/evening. Arequipa will be drier than Cuzco, and the climate in Lima should actually be rather nice. They get a lot of sun along the coast that time of year - the rains are mostly confined to higher elevations. Don't let the threat of rain keep you away.
Old Feb 27, 2004 | 9:09 pm

As a peruvian I can say that rockdoc advise is "rock solid" in all respects.
I would add that the temperature in Cusco in March is better (higher) than in the "dry" season (June-August.) So March is actualy not a bad time to go.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Dec 29, 2008 | 4:41 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold
How is Machu Pichu in early march?
Old Jan 5, 2009 | 6:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by jwurz
How is Machu Pichu in early march?
I think you're likely to get some rain at MP in March, but that shouldn't stop you from visiting this wonderful site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.