Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any recomendations on nice hotels in Cuzco and Lima

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2005, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Any recomendations on nice hotels in Cuzco and Lima

I am interested in a nice hotel in Cuzco and an airport (or not so far-from it) hotel in Lima.
Any recommendations for a non-spanish speaking traveller who is 2 notches above backpacker?
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:22 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Originally Posted by bysa003
Any recommendations for a non-spanish speaking traveller who is 2 notches above backpacker?

Well, not sure how to read this...... how does a non-backpacking bilingual person fit???

In Cuzco, pretty much anything in town will be in easy striking distance of the airport. One of the nicer spots in the main part of town, very near the central square, is the Howard Johnsons Savoy hotel.... Expedia shows rates at $45 to $60. I have talked to people who ahve stayed there (originally from Cd. Juarez, next to El Paso, FWIW) and they were content.... I stayed at another plance recommended by a friend of a friend, but I can't recall the name of the spot.ç

In Lima, there's not much going on near the airport. If you have a fair amount of tmie in the city, you may opt for a hotel in the Miraflores area---- one of the nicer sections of Lima, and a quick trip along the coastal road to/from the airport. Without traffic, I'd call it a 15 min trip.... with traffic, 30 tops. Miraflores has a Doubletree... not sure of other options as I´m an HHonors guy, but I know there are many.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
In Lima you want to stay in either Miraflores or San Isidro districts. Both are quite safe and nice parts of town. You do not want to stay anywhere near the airport, not that you would have many options in that regard anyway. Generally speaking, the area around the airport is not a particularly safe part of town. A nice option in San Isidro is Hotel Las Palmeras (422-3887). I have stayed there quite often. You should be able to get a room for under $100/night. Another nice place is Hotel El Condado (444-3614) which would probably cost you a few $$ more than Las Palmeras.

Regarding travel times, San Isidro is a bit closer, but a good 30 minutes at the best of times. When traffic is bad (like on Friday nights) allow an hour. Also, be aware that airline check-in for flights back to the US are an absolute zoo. Allow at least 3 hours to check in and clear imigration.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:10 am

When I was in Lima this past November, I stayed at Hotel Antigua Miraflores and highly recommend it. The room was pleasant, the public areas full of character, the staff very friendly and spoke English well. Very reasonable rates with a good breakfast included. Tripadvisor reviews.

Although if you're going to be in Lima for just a very short time, like arriving late evening and leaving for Cuzco the next morning, the Sheraton in the center city would be a good option, as they have a free airport shuttle. - which would save you at least $20 in taxi fares. Octopustravel.com has good rates for that hotel which include a buffet breakfast.

For Cuzco, I would suggest the Ninos Hotel. Tripadvisor reviews.

Last edited by mtm767; Feb 14, 2005 at 8:26 am
Old Feb 14, 2005, 8:24 am

Another place I would recommend in Lima is Hostal El Patio. It's an excellent budget option.

Last edited by mtm767; Feb 14, 2005 at 8:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.