Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

OW Business class: CDG/AMS - USA from €934 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:13 am
Original Poster

This sale has been there for quite some time now. But they just lowered the fares for the 3rd time and AMS is now available as departing airport. I'm not sure if they are going to drop the prices even more.

Travel dates till October 2021.

Google Flights sample link

Some examples with OTA prices. Also available directly with airlines but those prices tend to be a just little higher.

Paris (CDG) – New York (JFK) €934*

Paris (CDG) – Seattle (SEA) €1,000

Paris (CDG) – Chicago (ORD) €1,006

Paris (CDG) – Austin (AUS) €1,019

Paris (CDG) – Denver (DEN) €1,030

Paris (CDG) – Fort Lauderdale (FLL) €1,034

Paris (CDG) – Los Angeles (LAX) €1,153

Paris (CDG) – Honolulu (HNL) €1,731

Paris (CDG) – Kahului (OGG) €1,792

Paris (CDG) – Anchorage (ANC) €1,776

Amsterdam (AMS) – New York (JFK) €1,148

Amsterdam (AMS) – Chicago (ORD) €1,192

Amsterdam (AMS) – Seattle (SEA) €1,216

Amsterdam (AMS) – Fort Lauderdale (FLL) €1,234

Amsterdam (AMS) – Denver (DEN) €1,295

*Non-stop

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: Business Class to the USA from 934 RT
Old Dec 9, 2020, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Nice find. Are they reciprocal?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Nice find. Are they reciprocal?
Not that I could find, unfortunately.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: British Airways
some day turn available.. very nice
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by sluneckov
some day turn available.. very nice
I thought I am the only Czech who flies to New York on BA175 and back on BA182 just to get some junky food on the other side of the pond
honzeek_cz and Justin Case like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by 747jetter
I thought I am the only Czech who flies to New York on BA175 and back on BA182 just to get some junky food on the other side of the pond
Common guys, stop giving my ideas!
wmaciej and Justin Case like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:26 pm

Best deal appears to be $1,147 CDG-JFK RT on American. (or for $20 more fly BA via LHR)

Click here to see more.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks. Picked up CDG-JFK-LAX/DEN-LHR-CDG for just over $1,400. Will use a Business Extra cert to upgrade from J to F JFK-LAX... assuming AA brings back the 32Ts.
Flyingfares and jfkeze like this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Very tempting for a couple of Europe RT's in the Spring and Summer, especially the CDG-AUS
Old Dec 11, 2020, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Global321
Best deal appears to be $1,147 CDG-JFK RT on American. (or for $20 more fly BA via LHR)

Click here to see more.
It appears to cost about $300 more to get these fares in all BA code. What are the cancellation policies for BA and AA?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by nk15
It appears to cost about $300 more to get these fares in all BA code. What are the cancellation policies for BA and AA?
I believe the link above gives you all BA for less than that. (but I did not buy.)

AA has no change fees/cancellation fees. Not sure about BA.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Global321
AA has no change fees/cancellation fees. Not sure about BA.
Do they really allow cancelations free of charge? Their website (AA travel info) says:

Changing or canceling your trip

You're allowed to make a change to your trip once, and the change fee will be waived. You can cancel your trip online and rebook later when you’re ready, including Basic Economy fares.

Keep in mind, you may owe any difference in ticket price when you rebook your trip.

Considering above, if I decide to book at AA, will I be allowed to cancel my trip and will I receive full refund in case I don't plan to rebook? It would be great and it would definitely encourage me to buy such ticket
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, Delta, Virgin, United
Originally Posted by nk15
I got the flights through BA at the AA price. I went from Google Flights to AA website, got the AA flight numbers (BA metal with Club Suites) and then called BA gold and gave them the AA flights and it priced out at $300 less than the BA website was showing. So, if you want to book through BA for any reason it is possible I think.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by edgaju
I got the flights through BA at the AA price. I went from Google Flights to AA website, got the AA flight numbers (BA metal with Club Suites) and then called BA gold and gave them the AA flights and it priced out at $300 less than the BA website was showing. So, if you want to book through BA for any reason it is possible I think.
Yeah, for the dates I'm considering, the AA website prices out about $300 cheaper than the BA site. Given that AAdvantage is my FFP would it make more sense to book through BA?
Old Dec 11, 2020, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Yeah, for the dates I'm considering, the AA website prices out about $300 cheaper than the BA site. Given that AAdvantage is my FFP would it make more sense to book through BA?
I think so, booking in all BA codes usually gives more EQDs and a bit more RDMs for people who credit to AA (EQMs are now the same for fare class I). The key is to get the fare in BA codes, not to book via BA. BA codes are often more expensive than AA codes, unfortunately.

To get the BA codes though you need to fly via LHR. For some people the extra hassle and the extra $300 may not worth the extra benefits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.