Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)

Old Jan 2, 2022 | 10:58 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Is there any pay option for expedited/priority clearance?
don't be afraid. the situation mentioned isnt good however have had around 10 layovers in last yearn MEX and all went smooth.
Old Jan 7, 2022 | 6:43 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I just posted it how it can be booked on AM website in af/kl forum for mileage runs.
Any link? Could not find it. And I see the fare only with OTAs, not on the AM page.
Old Jan 7, 2022 | 10:16 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by sinus
Any link? Could not find it. And I see the fare only with OTAs, not on the AM page.
Back in November I did not manage to book it on AM page but it was OK through Amex travel
Old Jan 7, 2022 | 11:20 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by sinus
do it as a multi city of 4 legs.
Old Jan 8, 2022 | 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Maybe I will see you ....
I am on 1/26 AF1549, AM 4 (CDG-MEX), and 1/27 AM 16 (MEX-GRU).
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Then we are on the same flights
My AMS-MEX flight got moved from the 26th to the 25th even though my BCN-AMS is still the 26th. I am on hold right now to get on the 26th CDG-MEX AM 4 or a KLM flight out of AMS so I might see all 3 of you haha
Old Jan 8, 2022 | 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Sadly AM 4 wasn't an option with the BCN departure in their system. Something about no availability though there was plenty if you booked the legs separately. Instead I'm flying out on the AF flight 12 hours sooner. Shame that I won't get to be on the party bus to Mexico but now I'll get to experience AM, KLM, and AF business unless I spring for an affordable La Premiere upgrade.

It would have been cool to get a 15 hour layover in Paris. What are the chances of me being able to switch to AM 4 once I'm at CDG?
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 2:33 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
Sadly AM 4 wasn't an option with the BCN departure in their system. Something about no availability though there was plenty if you booked the legs separately. Instead I'm flying out on the AF flight 12 hours sooner. Shame that I won't get to be on the party bus to Mexico but now I'll get to experience AM, KLM, and AF business unless I spring for an affordable La Premiere upgrade.

It would have been cool to get a 15 hour layover in Paris. What are the chances of me being able to switch to AM 4 once I'm at CDG?
I do not know about chances but you will likely have to deal with AM. I tried to change once simple BCN-CDG at the airport and the staff was helpless as I needed to call AM. Go figure. If you have the option for LP definitely take it.
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 8:22 am
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Did BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU last week. CDG was chaos, long lines for immigration with many people missing their flights. With a EU Vaccination QR you could use the eGates, which were very fast.

Got an offer to LaP for €1169 or 146k miles, but decided to stay in very comfortable seat 5L (definitely try to get the mini cabin on the AF777). Service very good.

Did an antigene test in MEX after arriving on the AF flight (no line at all for immigration). Was cheap and fast. In Brazil, they quite thoroughly checked the vaccinations and test.

Terminal 2 the following morning was a mess. Enormous lines for check-in; luckily already had my BP and didn't need to check a bag. AM lounge not very good, but the Centurion Lounge is nice!

The AM flight to GRU was extremely empty - we were with 4 persons total in J. Seats on the 787-9 are pretty comfortable, service was nothing to write home about, but decent flight.

Arrival at GRU very smooth, and enjoyed some fantastic days there. On my way to Rio now.

Will be on AM17 and KL686 coming thursday (13th), let me know if anyone is on the same flights!
jonapet89 and Airborne Brat like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danfl44
Did BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU last week. CDG was chaos, long lines for immigration with many people missing their flights. With a EU Vaccination QR you could use the eGates, which were very fast.

Got an offer to LaP for €1169 or 146k miles, but decided to stay in very comfortable seat 5L (definitely try to get the mini cabin on the AF777). Service very good.

Did an antigene test in MEX after arriving on the AF flight (no line at all for immigration). Was cheap and fast. In Brazil, they quite thoroughly checked the vaccinations and test.

Terminal 2 the following morning was a mess. Enormous lines for check-in; luckily already had my BP and didn't need to check a bag. AM lounge not very good, but the Centurion Lounge is nice!

The AM flight to GRU was extremely empty - we were with 4 persons total in J. Seats on the 787-9 are pretty comfortable, service was nothing to write home about, but decent flight.

Arrival at GRU very smooth, and enjoyed some fantastic days there. On my way to Rio now.

Will be on AM17 and KL686 coming thursday (13th), let me know if anyone is on the same flights!
Was that the offer during online check in or at the airport? I've heard that sometimes the airport upgrade is cheaper. Thank you for the data point though, the AF thread had a CDG-MEX leg at about 999 Euro so it seems like it's gone slightly up.

I did get the forward mini cabin though! Every flight except my KLM business class will be in a mini cabin so I'm quite excited about that.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 9:22 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Can you give me a few more details regarding the antigen test in MEX. Mainly where was it, how long did it take, is this what was needed to enter Brazil?
I may have to do that on way to Spain and also on way to Brazil.

Also, on my BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU, I have 3 hrs in CDG, which I assume will be enough time? Not the end of the world if I miss this - will just lose a day in SP, assuming AM would put me on flight next day.
Was any COVID test needed for entry/transit in MEX?

I will have a Spanish Travel Health QR, not sure if that will allow me to use eGates at CDG, or is their another QR I should be looking to get?
Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Airborne Brat
Was that the offer during online check in or at the airport? I've heard that sometimes the airport upgrade is cheaper. Thank you for the data point though, the AF thread had a CDG-MEX leg at about 999 Euro so it seems like it's gone slightly up.

I did get the forward mini cabin though! Every flight except my KLM business class will be in a mini cabin so I'm quite excited about that.
During OLCI. At the airport they couldn't do anything as it was an Aeromexico ticket (?) and the Platinum line also couldn't see upgrade prices. Didn't inquire at CDG though - at that point didn't really care anymore as LaP is about the whole experience.

On the Aeromexico flight I actually preferred the bigger cabin as it was so empty and therefore extremely quiet. The mini-cabin is directly in front of Y, and the partition is thin. It was therefore noticeably noisier.
Airborne Brat likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 9:32 am

Can you give me a few more details regarding the antigen test in MEX.
I may have to do that on way to Spain and also on way to Brazil.

Also, on my BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU, I have 3 hrs in CDG, which I assume will be enough time? Not the end of the world if I miss this - will just lose a day in SP, assuming AM would put me on flight next day.
Was any COVID test needed for entry/transit in MEX?

I will have a Spanish Travel Health QR, not sure if that will allow me to use eGates at CDG, or is their another QR I should be looking to get?
Thanks!
3 hours was more than sufficient. Think the lines in CDG will never get so bad that you miss a 3-hour connection.

No testing needed for MEX. If you have a direct connection to GRU, you only need a test in BCN. If you overnight in MEX, you need one in MEX. Would recommend doing it after arriving in MEX. Both T1 and T2 have a testing booth at the departure level, next to the drop-off lane. No appointment needed, payment with cash or card (700 pesos), took me 20 minutes in total.
I would also get a test in BCN just to be sure, even if you have an overnight connection in MEX, the check-in agent may ask for a test, as the final destination will be GRU.

If you are vaccinated in Europe, you can get the Digital Corona Certificate (in the Netherlands it is the Corona Check App). This QR code gives you the possibility to use the eGates, given that you are fully vaccinated (and boostered if having the Janssen vaccin - extra French regulations). The STH QR code only is for entry to Spain.
MarkCron and Airborne Brat like this.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 9:40 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
3 hours was more than sufficient. Think the lines in CDG will never get so bad that you miss a 3-hour connection.

No testing needed for MEX. If you have a direct connection to GRU, you only need a test in BCN. If you overnight in MEX, you need one in MEX. Would recommend doing it after arriving in MEX. Both T1 and T2 have a testing booth at the departure level, next to the drop-off lane. No appointment needed, payment with cash or card (700 pesos), took me 20 minutes in total.
I would also get a test in BCN just to be sure, even if you have an overnight connection in MEX, the check-in agent may ask for a test, as the final destination will be GRU.

If you are vaccinated in Europe, you can get the Digital Corona Certificate (in the Netherlands it is the Corona Check App). This QR code gives you the possibility to use the eGates, given that you are fully vaccinated (and boostered if having the Janssen vaccin - extra French regulations). The STH QR code only is for entry to Spain.
Thanks for that detail. Ah yes, I didn't even think that I will probably need to show test in BCN.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 9:59 am
Original Poster

This is really useful. Thanks! I don't suppose you'd have any recommendations for where to stay when overnighting in MEX? I'm debating the capsule hotel or paying the extra $60 and staying at the onsite Hilton.
Old Jan 9, 2022 | 10:07 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Thanks for that detail. Ah yes, I didn't even think that I will probably need to show test in BCN.
I am staying 3/4 days in Mex before flying to São Paulo, will I need to show an antigen test at check in @ Bcn? It does not make much sense because it would not be valid for my onward connection to Gru, but would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.