Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

UL: SYD/MEL to CDG/LHR from AUD 5074

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2022, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold

Another interesting sale to London/Paris from Melbourne and Sydney, Australia with Sri Lankan via Colombo. First time posting calculations for Qantas, so apologies if I'm off with the numbers...
My internal rule of thumb is ~5500 AUD is acceptable to Europe, especially if on a oneworld carrier.

Earnings from Sydney to London

American Airlines Executive Platinum flyers would obtain 47784 LPs, Platinum Pro 39096 LPs, Platinum 34752 LPs, Gold 30408 LPs, Base Members 21720 LPs

British Airways Executive Club members would earn 140 TPs for SYD-CMB and 140 TPs for CMB-CDG each way for a total of 560 TPs and 21720 Avios.

Qantas flyers would earn 360 Status Credits round-trip, 120 SC for CMB-CDG and 60 SCs for SYD-CMB (the Qantas SC calculator site doesn't show SYD-CMB so the calculation is for MEL-CMB)

Earnings from Melbourne to London

American Airlines Executive Platinum flyers would obtain 46671 LPs, Platinum Pro 38185 LPs, Platinum 33942 LPs, Gold 29700 LPs, Base Members 21214 LPs

British Airways Executive Club members would earn 140 TPs for MEL-CMB and 140 TPs for CMB-LHR each way for a total of 560 TPs and 21214 Avios.

Qantas flyers would earn 360 Status Credits round-trip, 120 SC for CMB-LHR and 60 SCs for MEL-CMB

Sydney to London

Melbourne to London

Earnings from Melbourne to Paris

American Airlines Executive Platinum flyers would obtain 46037 LPs, Platinum Pro 37667 LPs, Platinum 33482 LPs, Gold 29296 LPs, Base Members 20926 LPs

British Airways Executive Club members would earn 140 TPs for MEL-CMB and 140 TPs for CMB-CDG each way for a total of 560 TPs and 20926 Avios.

Qantas flyers would earn 360 Status Credits round-trip, 120 SC for CMB-CDG and 60 SCs for MEL-CMB.

Earnings from Sydney to Paris

American Airlines Executive Platinum flyers would obtain 47150 LPs, Platinum Pro 38578 LPs, Platinum 34291 LPs, Gold 30005 LPs, Base Members 21432 LPs

British Airways Executive Club members would earn 140 TPs for SYD-CMB and 140 TPs for CMB-CDG each way for a total of 560 TPs and 21432 Avios.

Qantas flyers would earn 360 Status Credits round-trip, 120 SC for CMB-CDG and 60 SCs for SYD-CMB (the Qantas SC calculator site doesn't show SYD-CMB so the calculation is for MEL-CMB)

Melbourne to Paris

Sydney to Paris

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page. Source: My site PremiumCabin.Deals
Fliar and Roamingredcoat like this.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
While 5k is acceptable for ow, it's not really for UL... JL is only 1k more for considerably better everything
Thanks though
jfkeze likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
For those whose cash flows are in USD, the weakness of the AUD (around a 20-year low, except for a brief plunge at the beginning of the COVID lock-down period) certainly helps.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Thanks OP for a diligently researched post, I really like the way you’ve laid out the status credit and LP earnings for BA, QF and AA.

It’s a good fare and even if not amazing it’s worth having on here as a reference. Thank you!
Roamingredcoat and jfkeze like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
It's been at least 5 years since I've bought a return from Australia to Europe, but back then around $4500 AUD was my regular J return sale fare from MEL to HKG on CX, connecting AY to HEL and AY on to LHR.

These days I'm buying in the opposite direction from Europe to Australia return, and around £3000 GBP ex-EU is about the cheapest I've ever been able to find, but I also avoid overnight stopovers or spending an entire day in transit somewhere. Have heard a good sale can go as low as £2000 if you're happy to do the more inconvenient connections and timings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.