Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Skyteam Multiple USA cities - Europe e.g. LAX-BER Biz RT $2,967

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam Multiple USA cities - Europe e.g. LAX-BER Biz RT $2,967

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta DM
[QUOTE=sfvoyage;35020099]
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant
So I guess nobody cares if I don't use the 1-night hotel stay, right?

I just tried this on expedia, but the pricing with 1 night hotel isn't any better. I am totally flexible with flight dates. Is there a calendar view so I can pick the flight dates with the best airfare?
Yes, bulk consolidator fares have not been made available yet (I guess due to demand for regular!). There is no calendar view unfortunately - had to write a python script that took as input 3 or 4 from cities, 2 to 3 to cities and it would do a search for 15 days starting with a date provided (use the expedia URL that shows up to do this search). Used selenium and chromedriver. It worked quite well in Dec 2019 (last used!). I think now expedia is doing a captcha so would be difficult to replicate. In any case, those consolidator fares are gone. You can see some of the fare wars starting - with Delta matching United 2 for 1 ex-EU for $3300. Agree with sfvoyage - I found $665 fare to Cairo on AF back in March 2020 (obviously could not take that trip - had to write to DOT to get these refunded!). Perhaps some of the expert flyertalk members can point to another site that has bulk consolidator fares?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 7:42 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold, Crown & Anchor Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, mLife Gold
[QUOTE=ksdelta;35020917]
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
Yes, bulk consolidator fares have not been made available yet (I guess due to demand for regular!). There is no calendar view unfortunately - had to write a python script that took as input 3 or 4 from cities, 2 to 3 to cities and it would do a search for 15 days starting with a date provided (use the expedia URL that shows up to do this search). Used selenium and chromedriver. It worked quite well in Dec 2019 (last used!). I think now expedia is doing a captcha so would be difficult to replicate. In any case, those consolidator fares are gone. You can see some of the fare wars starting - with Delta matching United 2 for 1 ex-EU for $3300. Agree with sfvoyage - I found $665 fare to Cairo on AF back in March 2020 (obviously could not take that trip - had to write to DOT to get these refunded!). Perhaps some of the expert flyertalk members can point to another site that has bulk consolidator fares?
They have a tool internally that does the same thing that your script does so employees can get good prices on packages and it displays it in a table. At least they did a few years back

Last edited by Airport Coffee; Feb 18, 2023 at 7:43 pm Reason: Not current employer
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DL just announced the return to Berlin and a number of other cities, expansion of others. DL isn't going to be offering deals till they know how flights are selling.

Regardless, take connection at AMS and avoid 763s.

I agree this isn't a deal. I just paid $2700US for RT D1 to CPT. $3000 for BER is high even IMO.
Ewele likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Hmm, I haven't see too many J fares under $3500 from West Coast to Europe in the past 6 months or so.

Is Star Alliance or One World not matching Delta/Sky Team?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by frappant
Hmm, I haven't see too many J fares under $3500 from West Coast to Europe in the past 6 months or so.

Is Star Alliance or One World not matching Delta/Sky Team?
There had been some RT LAX/LHR fares on UA or code shares on LH/LX for around $3K or a little less/more depending on dates but other than those, it's been pretty slim pickings so far.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 am

Programs: BA
+1 on fares being astronomical. Anyone remember the Thanksgiving fare sale thread about 8-10 years ago? When one could reliably count on sub-$2000.00 TATL fares with striking regularity? Those were the good ole days of travel. Between those fares and the receptionist at my former firm letting me have a a couple delta buddy passes year, it was glorious. Also waiting on the return of the LX/LH companion fare sale deals. Wife and I built our honeymoon around a LX First LHR-ZRH-HKG fare. I don't recall seeing any of those in 2022. Praying they come back this year. I think things will start to "normalize" when folks have gotten their travel fix after being locked down from COVID-19; or a recession hits...or both.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 7:48 am

What city did you find the CPT deal from? Curious to see because that sounds like a steal to me.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.