Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA/AA Business - Open-Jaw - VCE-LHR-SEA / SEA-LHR-MAD - 1600USD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt
Scandinavia has joined the chat:

Similar prices back to GOT or ARN and double open jaw is also available from SEA (I only checked SEA) for a similar price.
Old May 19, 2023, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
What do you mean by double open jaw?
It's a basic travel term.

It's where you return to a different city than the one from which you originated, and you similarly commence the inbound from a different city than where you ended the outbound.

AAA-(LHR)-BBB; YYY-(LHR)-ZZZ
Old May 25, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It's a basic travel term.

It's where you return to a different city than the one from which you originated, and you similarly commence the inbound from a different city than where you ended the outbound.

AAA-(LHR)-BBB; YYY-(LHR)-ZZZ
Is that an example of what you mean by this terminology: VCE-LHR-SFO / LAX-LHR-BCN ??
Old May 25, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: COdbaUA MM, AA EXP, AF S, Bonbon Gold, Hilton G, All G, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis Presidential
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Is that an example of what you mean by this terminology: VCE-LHR-SFO / LAX-LHR-BCN ??
Yes
Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:06 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
I did not want to open a new thread for this, but I just came across:

BA MXP-LHR-SEA Late Jan 2024 through Apr 2024 around 1500€
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...BAQ&tfu=KgIIAw

Also LAX and SFO in a similar price range. East coast apparently as well.
MaxFlyer, IMH, tobikosan and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:27 am

Would it make sense to credit this to Qatar Airways for earning Tier Points / Status?

Also, what are the pros and cons of booking though AmexTravel as opposed to directly with a oneworld airline, apart from the 35% rebate.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by j.king
Also, what are the pros and cons of booking though AmexTravel as opposed to directly with a oneworld airline, apart from the 35% rebate.
See the thread in the AMEX forum on AMEX Travel and PTS, the service has shown a marked decline for some of us, to the point that it is no better than any other OTA and you cringe when they have to touch your reservation. I actually think you may get better service booking directly with the airline if you have elite status.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by j.king
Would it make sense to credit this to Qatar Airways for earning Tier Points / Status?

The main reason I book with my Amex over direct is the 35% point rebate. Otherwise, booking direct is always a better option in my opinion.

Other pros of booking with your Amex is if you want to collect 5x amex points. I will also sometimes find Amex travel has slightly cheaper prices for the same itinerary as the airline itself.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:27 pm

Does anyone have any experience with changing one of these reservations? I imagine it can get quite complicated when trying to explain the new route and dates to BA customer support?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Jetpack
Does anyone have any experience with changing one of these reservations? I imagine it can get quite complicated when trying to explain the new route and dates to BA customer support?
What underlying fare requires changing?
For reference I tried to use an Upgrade voucher on my MAD-LHR-SEA/JFK-LHR flight booked back in May (the £850 in J class fare) and BA noted the YQ charges I had paid on the original (as pointed out by KARFA ) had not been applied correctly, so the change was throwing up additional taxes of $750pp, so just be aware of possible charges being applied if you try to make changes.

Pilot37
jonr405 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This seems like an significant improvement on the deal posted earlier this month:

Ba/aa: Lax-bru rt j $2585

I will have to play with the airports to see if I can find something useful. The nice thing about the earlier deal was finding nonstop TATL from SFO & LAX, generally a rarity at these prices.

How is the availability for peak summer dates?

Originally Posted by London Dude
Some flights are AA-operated but they're all BA flight codes on 125 BA-issued tickets, so I always got the 3x Avios bonus with the BA Chase Visa card, even with tickets bought on Expedia.

It's an ongoing I fare deal with 120-day advance purchase and 10-day minimum stay requirements. It's cheaper to book on Expedia.com (US), or occasionally on Iberia.com (US website priced in USD) or AA.com (US website priced in USD) as it works out cheaper at a US point of sale and availability in I class on these routes is consistently better at US POSs.
I would never book with anything other than a Chase CSR/JPMR card or Amex Plat as I place a high value on the free travel insurance. Also I rarely book air travel through 3rd party sites as the customer service is better from the airlines in event of IRROPS. YMMV

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
As a reference, BA is already charging for seat assignments in Business Class for people with no status.
Unfortunately Finnair is doing the same, as I recently discovered. Stick to AA-metal flights if you want free seat rez at time of ticket purchase.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Boraxo; Oct 24, 2023 at 2:36 pm
Old Nov 20, 2023, 12:48 am
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
I think this fare is gone.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by JayJ
I think this fare is gone.
When are you looking? Cheapest fares are usually 180 days out and then 120 days out, less than that and it doubles in price. I bought one last week.

Yeah, I just confirmed it's still working. First flights need to be 3rd week of March or later.
kyushuman likes this.

Last edited by skunker; Nov 20, 2023 at 11:31 am
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
The price has gone up a little in USD. My ticket is LIN-LHR-MIA-SAN//LAX-SFO-JFK-HEL-LHR-MAD for $1835. LIN-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX is also possible and doable in one (long) day.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Very Nice! please post the link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.