Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

YVR-ICN KL Premium Y $2350CDN return.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2024, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Cheapest seems to be March/April 2025.
About $100 more for dates this summer.
Return connects through YEG for lowest fare.

One way $1500CDN.

Bonus deal.
ICN-YVR WS o/w J $1864CDN.
Aug. 17 only?
$50 cheaper in the fall.
Rim1 likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In the good old days this would be the price for business
Rim1, tr3k, ryanherb and 2 others like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 5:54 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
In the good old days this would be the price for business
It's surreal to think that good old days were 2019 at this point.
tr3k, jw_yyz and kijhkijh like this.
Old May 26, 2024, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by ETHFlyer
It's surreal to think that good old days were 2019 at this point.
Cold War II don't help.
Old May 27, 2024, 5:15 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Cold War II don't help.
+ Inflation
++ Increased demand for travel - especially leisure
+++lack of available seats - metal shortage

Also, funny people rarely look back to the times before degreulation, Our memories seems to only remember when they last found a deal...
Old May 28, 2024, 12:30 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by PLeblond
+ Inflation
++ Increased demand for travel - especially leisure
+++lack of available seats - metal shortage
I don't know if you are talking about premium fares or fares in general, but fares in general, for example, between North America and Europe had come down already for a year or 2.

I want to know what happened to seats dumping by China. There were so many planes from China pre COVID, but still a fraction of them back flying to international destinations. Are their planes are still parked in Chinese deserts, are they flying domestic instead, or?
Old May 28, 2024, 5:32 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by maverikbc
I don't know if you are talking about premium fares or fares in general, but fares in general, for example, between North America and Europe had come down already for a year or 2.

I want to know what happened to seats dumping by China. There were so many planes from China pre COVID, but still a fraction of them back flying to international destinations. Are their planes are still parked in Chinese deserts, are they flying domestic instead, or?
Agreed that many TATL routes (example) East Coast Canada to Europe J is now regularly available in the sub $3k CAD zone and that is down from the usual $4k-$5k range. At the same time, I could frequently find routes to Southeast Asia et. al. in the $3,500-$4,000 range now it difficult to find anything under $5k.

I attributed this to the decrease in business travel (companies paying $4k+ J) and the increase in leisure travel, who are willing to pay a premium for a better experience.

Its almost as if the TATL & TPAC routes have “balanced out’ in terms of business to leisure ratio.

With the US hitting a record number of passengers screened in one day last week, a slowdown in deliveries of metal, current fuel prices and new labour contracts kicking in, everything I learned in my degree in economics would indicate fewer deals across the board.

Then again, with said economics degree and $2, I can get a cup of coffee to go and I don’t work for revenue management so what do I know…right?
Old May 28, 2024, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by maverikbc
No Cold War across the Atlantic (currently).

Used elsewhere (e.g., Hungary's getting more service), or more for freight in the belly more than pax. At any rate, see Cold War II (U.S. & Canada vs. PRC). Used to be a dozen or so daily flights between YVR and the PRC (MU even had a 2x daily to PVG). Currently there's not even that for a whole week. Similar situation in the U.S. where frequency is 1/5-1/4 that of a few years ago (40-60x weekly vs 24-300x weekly).
maverikbc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.