Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

SQ: MNL/CEB/CRK/DVO-LAX/SFO r/t in biz ~US$2700

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2024, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Free stopovers and open jaw allowed. Scoot available between PH and SIN. it will be on economy but will cost less around $2.5k
shek3112, jawntronix, 321 and 8 others like this.

Last edited by zoqfotpik; Sep 16, 2024 at 1:19 am Reason: free stopover
Old Sep 16, 2024, 9:08 am

Do you mind posting the fare rules? I haven't been able to replicate the routings with stopovers in TYO. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
I managed to reproduce it on google flights. You can price it on Singapore Airlines and view the fare rules.

Old Sep 16, 2024, 7:11 pm

I am trying to find a flight from East Asia back to the west coast. This deal sounds attractive. However, I will need to position at MNL. From what I read in the Destinations forum, this airport is not efficient and lines can get really long. For those who have been to MNL, what was your experience? I will stay at MNL (airport hotel) for one night before and after this trip. How is safety for a solo female? Thanks.
goodgirl likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2024, 1:30 am

Programs: mileage plus
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
I am trying to find a flight from East Asia back to the west coast. This deal sounds attractive. However, I will need to position at MNL. From what I read in the Destinations forum, this airport is not efficient and lines can get really long. For those who have been to MNL, what was your experience? I will stay at MNL (airport hotel) for one night before and after this trip. How is safety for a solo female? Thanks.
Efficiency depends very much on the terminal, and the relative pecking order of the carrier.

Scoot, as a subsidiary and feeder for SQ is in terminal 3, the newest and biggest (and least screwed up) terminal at NAIA.

I don't know where you're being fed from, nor the carrier, so cannot comment.

In reality, the biggest danger around NAIA boils down to juiced meters in the white taxis.

Yellow taxis are a bit more expensive, but are more closely managed than whites.

There are fixed priced ticket taxis, very reliable, and although relatively expensive, it's Philippines. Most nearby hotels can be reached for $5 USD

There is a ride share app company called GRAB that operates with reasonable efficiency, which you can also use to order food to your hotel
GRAB has ambassadors outside arrivals at most terminals.

The terminals are all very safe. Plenty of armed guards, armed police and people sleeping outside waiting for morning flights.

If you haven been to the Philippines before, do not be alarmed if your driver seems keen to know your life story. Filipinos are unrestrained in their curiosity.

Good luck.

​​​​

​​
B
Old Sep 18, 2024, 11:13 pm

Programs: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles Korean Air Skypass Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles
Originally Posted by dbulkeley
Efficiency depends very much on the terminal, and the relative pecking order of the carrier.

Scoot, as a subsidiary and feeder for SQ is in terminal 3, the newest and biggest (and least screwed up) terminal at NAIA.

I don't know where you're being fed from, nor the carrier, so cannot comment.

In reality, the biggest danger around NAIA boils down to juiced meters in the white taxis.

Yellow taxis are a bit more expensive, but are more closely managed than whites.

There are fixed priced ticket taxis, very reliable, and although relatively expensive, it's Philippines. Most nearby hotels can be reached for $5 USD

There is a ride share app company called GRAB that operates with reasonable efficiency, which you can also use to order food to your hotel
GRAB has ambassadors outside arrivals at most terminals.

The terminals are all very safe. Plenty of armed guards, armed police and people sleeping outside waiting for morning flights.

If you haven been to the Philippines before, do not be alarmed if your driver seems keen to know your life story. Filipinos are unrestrained in their curiosity.

Good luck.

​​​​

​​
B
Correct and for the SIN-MNL segment SQ does codeshare on PR which means you will end up in T1 the 1980s built terminal. Make sure SIN-MNL is on SG/TR equipment to arrive in T3
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA EP; UA 1K; and a bunch of hotel statuses
I recently did an I-to-I (NH to QR) at the same T3. Having heard of MNL's reputation, I built in some buffer for a total of 5-6 hrs of transit. Ended up spending 2h from immigration to emigration. Other than the longer process, there is no major red flag.
Barkinpark likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2024, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by terryversay
I recently did an I-to-I (NH to QR) at the same T3. Having heard of MNL's reputation, I built in some buffer for a total of 5-6 hrs of transit. Ended up spending 2h from immigration to emigration. Other than the longer process, there is no major red flag.
Thank you. Did QR allow you to check-in earlier than 3 hours prior to departure?
Old Sep 19, 2024, 5:50 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Barkinpark
DO NOT fly in or out of there on Easter Sunday
Barkinpark and EmailKid like this.
Old Yesterday, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
SQ provides very little inventory for this fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.